Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1] - page 11. (Read 155277 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Come on guys, let's stop trolling.

We will see in a matter of days, i have mine "20 of January speculation deadline" and than this. It's gonna be a funny time.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Huh... 14th, then the 19th, now it's the 21st? 

Interesting...

You get very little irony in your diet, true...?

It's not irony when I'm pointing out that they are doing the exact same thing they have been vilifying us for.  So, yeah, I guess it's irony, but not on my part.

BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 14th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, it is dishonest to push your date back!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 19th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, you suck because you keep missing your date!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 21st! BFL you keep pushing your date back, we've only pushed it back two days!

I guess we'll see in another 7 days.  Irony indeed.

That is not the ironic fact i was refering to tho.
There is a difference between a few days and a few months as you may know.
The irony in this case is that you do way way worse then the people you are so eager to accuse.
And they at least have the decency to inform their customers/investors beforehand and not a few days after the fact.

(This is of course completely besides the point that there is also irony in avalon getting delayed.)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

Interesting...

It's not irony when I'm pointing out that they are doing the exact same thing they have been vilifying us for.  So, yeah, I guess it's irony, but not on my part.

BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 14th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, it is dishonest to push your date back!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 19th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, you suck because you keep missing your date!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 21st! BFL you keep pushing your date back, we've only pushed it back two days!

unless you're as stupid as the shit you spew out your mouth fingers..
i think there's a difference between missing a couple of days and a couple of months, time-wise.

hell, they even haven't passed the delivery date.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Does the countdown not agree with their original delay?
Updating as promised,

Let's be frank. We ran into a potential delay of 4-7 days.

What does this mean?

We when taped out the chips to TSMC we had a "projected out date" of Jan 3, 2013 which is on schedule with our late dec. / early jan. demonstration dates. Now however after this week's website update our "projected out date" has changed to Jan 7th, 2013 and "committed date" has been revealed to be Jan 10th, 2013. TSMC did not give us a reason for this, but as a small customer you are really at the mercy of bigger customers running higher priority lots. e.g. "super hot lot"  The "committed date" is the promised date of delivery, it is very unusual for TSMC to break their "committed date", so we expect our chips to ship on or before Jan 10th, 2013.

Another potential problem is Customs clearing, the packaging company Fujitsu is located in Shanghai's Export Processing Zone (EPZ), while the packaging itself will not see delays, it may take an additional 2-3 days to clear Customs. To make up for this, if it occurs, we will be flying down to Shanghai to the demonstration in the EPZ instead of waiting for the shipping to the factory for assembly.

With all this happening, it has burned through the 1 week additional leeway time we originally left out. I must say it will be difficulty for us to ship on Jan 14th, we however expect to ship around Jan 18 ~ 20.

The clock looks to be hitting 00:00 at 7am on the 20th in my time zone (CST)
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

When Avalon is 4 months past their initial delivery date (Feb '13), then you can say that. Until then, shut up.
legendary
Activity: 1260

Interesting...

Activity: 840

Interesting...

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
@Bitsyncom/ngzhang
What kind of package are your chips using?
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/129-13-jan-13-asic-update.html
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
LTC
I'm quite calm, but informative.  Grin
legendary

Dude, you can't use one day sample as measurement unless someone deploys 100 THs over night.

calm down it was ironic!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
LTC

Dude, you can't use one day sample as measurement unless someone deploys 100 THs over night.
legendary
Activity: 1064
You're right... they haven't provided any evidence they have a product other than some documentation.

hypocrite Wink
... but he's right. A few days to ship and there is no demo? LOL  Grin
The Bitcoin world never ceases to amaze me Wink

maybe its really a tight schedule. the clock is ticking and there`s no demo but besides this we have no other reason to doubt.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
You're right... they haven't provided any evidence they have a product other than some documentation.

hypocrite Wink
... but he's right. A few days to ship and there is no demo? LOL  Grin
The Bitcoin world never ceases to amaze me Wink
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
legendary
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Ah forgive Josh, he is just frustrated about the empty case at the 2013 CES... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
anything to say about the DEMO? are they mining right now? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: