Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1] - page 12. (Read 155277 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
Since they are both "official", which date is right?

Your OP in this thread:

While the competition promised early delivery dates but kept pushing them back. Avalon instead gave an very conservative estimate but now is scheduled to ship even earlier at Jan. 14th 2013.

Or your count down on http://www.avalon-asics.com/?  (Monday, 21st of January 2013)

You didn't finish reading, the second post on the front page as more information...

It has now been fixed. a small oversight. Unlike somebody, the difference in shipping date is only a few days and not a few months.

It has been changed to 18-20th, the countdown timer ends on 12:00:00am 21th.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

Nice trolling.

Avalon facts are this:

http://forum.bitsyn.com/viewtopic.php?id=5

SCHEDULE:

Sample Batch ( about 10 units ) at the end of December, 2012
- video demonstration of final product in operation can be seen at this time.

Did they ever provide the video in december that is mentioned on the bitsyn forum? If that was missed i would think that would be significant..  especially to those with large investments into the preorders.. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
You're right... they haven't provided any evidence they have a product other than some documentation.

Also sounds very familiar....

In the end I hope most vendors make good on their promises ! Better for Bitcoin !
legendary
Activity: 1022
This is crazy! How is one supposed to keep oversight with that many "official" dates?

Clean up Avalon, because It's a mess!™
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Huh... 14th, then the 19th, now it's the 21st? 

Interesting...

Nice trolling.

Avalon facts are this:

http://forum.bitsyn.com/viewtopic.php?id=5

Shipping will start from February 2013 following the order sequence.

Their initial shipping date was February. The fact that they are slipping on their early delivery is nothing like BFL:

October missed
November missed
December missed
January missed
February still to be missed
legendary
Activity: 1260
You're right... they haven't provided any evidence they have a product other than some documentation.
Activity: 868

Interesting...

Sounds a lot like October, then November, then December, then January, now it's February.... yet it is so different in soooooo many ways  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1260

Interesting...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Since they are both "official", which date is right?

Your OP in this thread:

While the competition promised early delivery dates but kept pushing them back. Avalon instead gave an very conservative estimate but now is scheduled to ship even earlier at Jan. 14th 2013.

Or your count down on http://www.avalon-asics.com/?  (Monday, 21st of January 2013)
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
from where are you shipping? Beijing? Can I come and pick them up?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
I also noticed in my order 200000504:

That my address was doubled in the registration. I corrected it in my account settings but do not know if you guys will process them from the website or some kind of paper work that was generated a while back. Please check on this and let me know if the address line isn't doubled in the paperwork for shipping.

Good luck on being the first to release!
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

I used to send scanned documents to pay warrants 200,000,846.
Status of the order has not changed, the letters from the scans or who did not reply, sent to the address: [email protected], yifu.guo @ avalon-asic.com

Order #    Date    Ship To    Order Total    Status    
200000846    11/24/12    ---------   $8,159.94    Pending Wire    View Order

The wire came in on the 11th of this month, a month plus late... I'm aware of this order, but due to it's nature being two wire transfers it did not complete automatically. This matter will be addressed.
@ Yifu

Could you add --> [email protected], yifu.guo @ avalon-asic.com <--- these contact addresses to your signature?

It would make it easier to know who and how to contact.

-----------------------

Second, I know you aren't going to look at a gift horse in the mouth. But why is this guys wire so damn late? This month it was recieved?

Are you sure he didn't make a "ghost order" and then paid for it after all the ASIC drama was said and done? I thought there was a definite time limit to wire transfers being accepted?

You should look into this issue as there are probably folks right now who are going to send in wire transfers this late and claim order numbers which they never actually intended to pay for before the deadline in early October 2012.

If you don't look into it you might find out you'll get more than 300 orders to fulfill.
Activity: 730

Status of the order has not changed, the letters from the scans or who did not reply, sent to the address: [email protected], yifu.guo @ avalon-asic.com

The wire came in on the 11th of this month, a month plus late... I'm aware of this order, but due to it's nature being two wire transfers it did not complete automatically. This matter will be addressed.
that is, now it will be paid to the status?
and on what email send letters to meet me?
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team

Activity: 730

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

You are right, it takes 5 minutes to take a reflex plugin the sd card and upload the pictures.
2 minutes using an iPhone.

That's a lot of time to waste.

I will buy BFL. Do someone want to bet against me that Avalon will not ship on time? 100BTC ready here.

Huh.  Another BFL groupie who is impressed by some picture of numbers on a display.  Who'd have imagined?

You may give Sonny and Josh some of your money but I am less confident that you will actually buy anything in the common sense of the term.  Maybe a sore a-hole.

As for betting about Avalon, why should I?  I've no idea whether they even have an ASIC much less whether they will ship it on time.  They do seem vastly more credible to me than did bASIC and do BFL.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
As other's have probably said, if they're just working on theory i.e. never had a working prototype, they won't have a demo model until 24hrs before they're going to ship some

if, which is what they should have done, is run a prototype model of one

of course they should do this and then have much testing etc. before mass producing so maybe up to a week minimum before shipping a batch they should have a working product; why not show it off?

Perhaps because, as I mentioned above, it would show nothing.  It would, in fact, be mainly a waste of time and Avalon may not have a compelling interest in impressing the segment of the community who would be be impressed by such a feat.

Again though, it would not be big effort or waste much time, so why not?  An ominous reason could be that it would be admissible,  incontrovertible, and documented evidence that they were running a scam if that happens to be the case.

You are right, it takes 5 minutes to take a reflex plugin the sd card and upload the pictures.
2 minutes using an iPhone.

That's a lot of time to waste.

I will buy BFL. Do someone want to bet against me that Avalon will not ship on time? 100BTC ready here.
legendary
As other's have probably said, if they're just working on theory i.e. never had a working prototype, they won't have a demo model until 24hrs before they're going to ship some

of course they should do this and then have much testing etc. before mass producing so maybe up to a week minimum before shipping a batch they should have a working product; why not show it off?

Perhaps because, as I mentioned above, it would show nothing.  It would, in fact, be mainly a waste of time and Avalon may not have a compelling interest in impressing the segment of the community who would be be impressed by such a feat.

Again though, it would not be big effort or waste much time, so why not?  An ominous reason could be that it would be admissible,  incontrovertible, and documented evidence that they were running a scam if that happens to be the case.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

legendary
All this talk of shipping. When are we going to see a simple pic of a board with asic chips actually mining?
An image (or vid) of a box (or pcb) along with a display showing some numbers is not something which would impress _me_ a whole lot.

What would it take to make the suggested exercise be impressive to you?  Or have you put much thought into it?
There's really no reason for them to do this now.  They're not accepting any new orders for a while, and it's not like they have a credibility problem and need to post something to stop a wave of cancellations.

Personally, I want to be the first to post pics and vid of one, when I receive mine.

There is not much reason for them not to do it either.

But anyway, my point is that it would take a barely competent script monkey about 5 minutes to hack out a mock which would display anything they choose.

A better solution would be to publish a set of nonces shortly after a new piece of data came into existence.  Even here, though, someone who was intent on conning people could hook up a collection of lesser gear to work on the problem and pretend that it was their new little ASIC which had produced the results.

Pages:
Jump to: