Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1] - page 14. (Read 155277 times)

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
It will cause delay once we start shipping, it was pretty much a heads up before the 20th. I'll get to you guys early next week. I simply haven't gotten around to double check yet due to being swarmed.

Ok, clear, thanks and good luck Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
It will cause delay once we start shipping, it was pretty much a heads up before the 20th. I'll get to you guys early next week. I simply haven't gotten around to double check yet due to being swarmed.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
@dust

if you recall there some server problem when the site first launched, please send me a email/PM with your bitcoin order ID and payment address so I may manually check aganist the system.

The system was automatically set orders to cancel if they have not been paid, and since due to server errors some order which got paid never got the call back to mark them as completed thus were in turn canceled.

No worries though, we keep all the records so we can double check aganist this.
Any update on this?  I sent a PM within 15 minutes of your reply and have received no response or update to my ticket  I'm sure the team is busy Smiley

+1

Why no pm and no answers Yifu ?
Some of us are worried about this and you asked us to respond a.s.a.p....

3. It is extremely important for our existing customer to verify that your Order's Address, Name and such shipping information is correct. In addition if your Order is still not marketed as "Completed" on our site please get in touch with me immediately, failure to do this will delay your shipping.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Anyway... Not to break the Avalon's Gold Eggs...

But where is the prototype scheduled to be released on video 20 days ago? 20 - 10 days of "possible delay" = 10 days without our video!

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Will tracking numbers be shown on the website order status page or be emailed to customers when they ship?
Activity: 840
@dust

if you recall there some server problem when the site first launched, please send me a email/PM with your bitcoin order ID and payment address so I may manually check aganist the system.

The system was automatically set orders to cancel if they have not been paid, and since due to server errors some order which got paid never got the call back to mark them as completed thus were in turn canceled.

Any update on this?  I sent a PM within 15 minutes of your reply and have received no response or update to my ticket  I'm sure the team is busy Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
When will general sales start?

I do believe that no more are planned to be produced (or even available to pre-order I think) until after the Chinese New Year.

the CNY is 2.10 ,so the chinese worker  not work and  go home 2.5-2.25.
legendary
Activity: 966
When will general sales start?

I do believe that no more are planned to be produced (or even available to pre-order I think) until after the Chinese New Year.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Still on track for the 20th?

I assume this will be when pre-orders go out (or start to). When will general sales start?
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
@dust

Activity: 840
3. It is extremely important for our existing customer to verify that your Order's Address, Name and such shipping information is correct. In addition if your Order is still not marketed as "Completed" on our site please get in touch with me immediately, failure to do this will delay your shipping.
I checked my account and my order was listed as "cancelled", despite having paid for it immediately after ordering in September.  I looks like I failed to confirm my order.  I have created a support ticket (#25).

EDIT:  Re-reading this thread, it looks like I may be screwed.  I really hope I don't get kicked out of the first batch due to not wading through a troll-filled thread enough to realize that not responding to email = spot given up.  Here was the email:

Your order # 2000001XX has been updated to
Pending.

You can check the status of your order by logging into your account.

Can you provide the Bitcoin Order ID as well as the Bitcoin Address of payment so I may confirm this order?

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

I logged into my account, saw the status as pending and the correct payment address listed and with coins received, then took no action.  I must have felt that the bitcoin order ID and address already being in Avalons system and paid for did not require me to provide additional information (as in, I had "confirmed" it was correct).  I unfortunately was never told specifically my order would be CANCELLED if this was not done and no coins were ever sent back to me.

I hope this gets resolved.

This + the bASIC delay has made today a pretty bad day Angry
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

Courtesy of:

http://www.mathcats.com/explore/elapsedtime.html

Just re-posted to make a strong point.

The Avalon Team is as far ahead of schedule as BFL is behind in their own schedule.
Activity: 871
If it is not marked as an engineering sample or demo, you can have great problems on custom because of the missing CE mark!
Or i'm wrong?
there have been a few people in EU that have still bought FPGA's from this company. How have these done this? Perhaps they should share their experiences with this deals (shipping, custom, invoice etc.)...
The FPGAs were a PCB with chip!
The Avalons come as a stand-aloneminer in a large sealed enclosure!
Thus this, it is a finished unit and may need to meet CE policies for EU!
But, i'm not expert in this!
legendary
Activity: 1876
About Invoicing...
The best option will be to name AVALON as "Computer Configuration" in the invoice

1. There are no additional taxes involved in my country when importing computers except VAT which can not be avoided
2. There will be no issues because it is crypto equipment named like "ordinary PC" and no additional customs check will be applied if it is double purpose or not. When speaking of Cryptography Import/Export rules, they are very strict in my country (and all over EU) and it may happen that some of the EU customers will not be able to get the unit at all from the customs
What about it BitSyncom?
Anyone to have something against naming our units as "Computer Configuration"? If we all agree on that it will be eraser for BitSyncom to handle invoices because all of them will be same for "Computer Configuration"?
I highly recommend you all make these suggestions (on importation declarations) in private and away from BFL's prying eyes.

Unless you want possible trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
If it is not marked as an engineering sample or demo, you can have great problems on custom because of the missing CE mark!
Or i'm wrong?
there have been a few people in EU that have still bought FPGA's from this company. How have these done this? Perhaps they should share their experiences with this deals (shipping, custom, invoice etc.)...
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
I think the reason why everyone is emailing you directly asking about preorders for the second batch is because several of us signed up for the email notifications and did not get notified when the preorders for the first batch went online. I didn't care about this for my own sake, because I was planning on waiting for a far future batch to get involved, but I have a very upset client that very much wanted at least one of the first batch ASICs for me to mine for him. I can assure you, the second batch is going to sell out in less than 15 minutes if you just "go online" with it, even if the quantities are in the thousands, because your company appears to be the first to market.

Yifu, I implore you to get an honest estimate of the demand for the product from the community for a second batch when you are comfortably ready to tackle this, because you guys are going to need to be able to scale your production very quickly. I can assure you that 300 units isn't going to be anywhere near enough. It doesn't have to be an estimate of "guaranteed preorders", but you should be getting the email & phone number (SMS) of anyone interested in ordering for the second batch, and an estimate of how many products they would like. Then you can determine how big your next batch should be, and open up the actual preordering and send emails and text notifications accordingly. You should also lower the price slowly instead of quickly, but that might be a discussion for another time, you can hire staff to tell you how to best do this shortly.

At the very least I'd recommend committing to the same price till you have a batch order that comes in at a smaller size than the previous order. Some of us will be waiting for future batches or buying ASIC miners secondhand after the enormous price spike and bubble burst that is likely to happen because of this, but the one thing you want to do is to always meet expectations, let people make their own financial mistakes themselves.

I honestly think this is going to be the equivalent of a gold rush, so your best move is to assist the fools in their demise. The Bitcoin network will get stronger because of it, either way.
legendary
Activity: 1112
I have a question regarding the value submitted to customs .
Can you submit a different value than the payed value ?
Please don't do this, it will only create problems with customs and it will delay your order while they sort out the real price.

I had 4 packages stuck for over 6 weeks because the listed prices were wholesale and customs argued it undercut the official listed prices on the website (end-user prices).

Trying to ship items as samples or gifts will only attract unwanted attention, and at this point I'd prefer things to breeze through customs instead of getting them after March....

Anyways, this has been addressed in this thread before
Activity: 871
Or i'm wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1378
nec sine labore

In the next few days, I expect to sent out a News Letter with a form which allow the users to pick their Carrier of Choice, currently all Orders are defaulted to DHL.

BitSyncom,

I've never received a mail from you (previous updates) even if inside store.avalon-asic.com my email address is correctly spelled.

Is there some other place where you're taking email addresses from?

spiccioli
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
About Invoicing...
The best option will be to name AVALON as "Computer Configuration" in the invoice

1. There are no additional taxes involved in my country when importing computers except VAT which can not be avoided
2. There will be no issues because it is crypto equipment named like "ordinary PC" and no additional customs check will be applied if it is double purpose or not. When speaking of Cryptography Import/Export rules, they are very strict in my country (and all over EU) and it may happen that some of the EU customers will not be able to get the unit at all from the customs
What about it BitSyncom?
Anyone to have something against naming our units as "Computer Configuration"? If we all agree on that it will be eraser for BitSyncom to handle invoices because all of them will be same for "Computer Configuration"?
this is a good idea to declare it as a computer
and what is the best choice for shipping? (DHL or EMS or another for prices, customs check and shipping time) for EU (D, A,...etc.)
TIA
Pages:
Jump to: