Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Butterfly Labs - page 14. (Read 64445 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2012, 12:47:31 PM
We've used the experience gained in mass production
of our singles in our SC production cycle (we've got a MyData Pick-And-Place and an Oven for high-speed and high-volume inhouse assembly).
Can you post picture or video proof of this machine?  Bonus points if it is running.
Activity: 568
Merit: 500
September 21, 2012, 12:20:44 PM
This guy should have been the COO of the company and not Inaba (BFL_Josh).  This is how a rational and well spoken C-level person should speak. Hearing someone speak like this from the company, makes me more confident that the thousands of dollars I have invested with them is going to a rational company.

+1000
You will never know how his reactions are going to be before you will throw the same garbage at him as a lot here threw at Inaba (BFL_Josh). I had to sign up here just to get that ignore button working, because topics were hardly readable with every second post coming from some foul-mouthing idiot calling scam scam scam at least.
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
September 21, 2012, 11:42:09 AM
My question is why the picture on this page http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/, looks exactly like a single rev 3? Will the SC single be using the same PCB and heatsink/fan design?

Dear Akido,

The SC will be smaller with a different custom-made heatsink. Also the Fan is planned to be very silent. Thats as much as I can disclose up to this point.

Regards,
Nasser

Can you by chance state if the power plug will be the same so that those with custom power cables from the FPGA singles can reuse them?

Plug will be the same (5.0mm OD, 2.5mm ID), so it's possible to use the same plug.

Regards,
Nasser

will the power plug be compatible with EU power plugs? Thank you
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
September 21, 2012, 11:18:31 AM
This guy should have been the COO of the company and not Inaba (BFL_Josh).  This is how a rational and well spoken C-level person should speak. Hearing someone speak like this from the company, makes me more confident that the thousands of dollars I have invested with them is going to a rational company.

+1000
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2012, 10:56:46 AM
My question is why the picture on this page http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/, looks exactly like a single rev 3? Will the SC single be using the same PCB and heatsink/fan design?

Dear Akido,

The SC will be smaller with a different custom-made heatsink. Also the Fan is planned to be very silent. Thats as much as I can disclose up to this point.

Regards,
Nasser
Can you by chance state if the power plug will be the same so that those with custom power cables from the FPGA singles can reuse them?
Plug will be the same (5.0mm OD, 2.5mm ID), so it's possible to use the same plug.

Regards,
Nasser
WOOHOO
Activity: 227
September 21, 2012, 10:54:42 AM

Dear Akido,

Regards,
Nasser

Regards,
Nasser
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
September 21, 2012, 10:52:07 AM

Dear Akido,

Regards,
Nasser

Activity: 490
... it only gets better...
September 21, 2012, 10:50:36 AM
Maybe BFL already have explaind this somewhere and I read over it. But can BFL  maybe explain what exactly has caused the delay of a month?
Thanks.

They are mining BTC with the gear you've invested in before they ship it. Doh!
September 21, 2012, 10:44:08 AM

Dear Akido,

Regards,
Nasser
Activity: 291
September 21, 2012, 10:42:18 AM
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 21, 2012, 10:33:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 21, 2012, 09:57:32 AM
500 units per day ? that's a unit every "less than 3 minutes" just to assemble, what about testing, baking and packing ? unless the machine assembles several units at once.

Or you have 10 people taking 30 minutes per unit.
Activity: 336
September 21, 2012, 07:50:45 AM
500 units per day ? that's a unit every "less than 3 minutes" just to assemble, what about testing, baking and packing ? unless the machine assembles several units at once.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
September 21, 2012, 06:44:40 AM
As already mentioned, Butterfly Labs is a corporation with 22 employees and some shareholders. The corporation is the legal entity who receives funds, processes the orders
and delivers the products. What you have mentioned does not apply to a corporation. If you have any questions, please ask and we'll clarify as much as possible.
Isn't Sonny (the convicted scammer) one of the directors of said corporation?

Already answered in great detail. Check this out:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hi-my-name-is-sonny-vleisides-110868
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
September 21, 2012, 06:19:08 AM
As already mentioned, Butterfly Labs is a corporation with 22 employees and some shareholders. The corporation is the legal entity who receives funds, processes the orders
and delivers the products. What you have mentioned does not apply to a corporation. If you have any questions, please ask and we'll clarify as much as possible.
Isn't Sonny (the convicted scammer) one of the directors of said corporation?
September 21, 2012, 06:15:35 AM
BFL states they start the shipping in November.
When can we expect a shipping target for our orders?
Can we already expect shipping targets these in October or?

Foundary is the greatest element in this subject, we're pushing as hard as we can as we speak.
We'll keep our customers fully updated in this regard.

Regards,
Nasser
Activity: 530
September 21, 2012, 06:04:11 AM
BFL states they start the shipping in November.
When can we expect a shipping target for our orders?
Can we already expect shipping targets these in October or?
September 21, 2012, 05:37:09 AM
Maybe BFL already have explaind this somewhere and I read over it. But can BFL  maybe explain what exactly has caused the delay of a month?
Thanks.

We had to redesign the original board for our singles in 2011 to support higher power consumption (it did support it before, but it got hot and we decided that it may
affect its lifetime if put to work for 24/7). Board design and the chinese unusually long holidays caused the initial delay.

Regards,
Nasser
Activity: 530
September 21, 2012, 05:31:54 AM
Maybe BFL already have explaind this somewhere and I read over it. But can BFL  maybe explain what exactly has caused the delay of a month?
Thanks.
September 21, 2012, 05:25:19 AM
This is what worries me about this whole situation. Lets say someone thinks it's a scam and decides to contact the District of south cali and inform the parole/probation officer of what is happening, "Because funds are being solicited."

Now lets say this is a venture that started with no malice and is part of every intent to release a valid product goes sour because of that contact.. What would stop him from wanting to clear out accounts in fear of possibly doing something wrong that there was no intentions of doing anything wrong and then high tailing it out of town in fear of jail time again?

you back a dog in a corner its gonna fight to get out and do what ever it has to do to get out.

I do think some is blown out of porportion in this situation, but sonny, not josh is the one who needs to adress the community cause this isnt about josh and I do think he's getting more slack then what he deserves.

Something did strike me funny about the msg that sonny posted, it sorta felt like I was reading one oif them Hello I jusst inhereritd a large some of money emails and I want to deposit it into your account.
sorta as if it was rehersed. it still doesnt change the fact that they have released a product in the past which many are using right now.

I guess ill take the time and see what transpires, between the forums and what sonny has to say,
maybe a IRC chat channel with sonny and only a monitor and the monitor take pm's of questions to be asked only by the monitor to let only sonny reply them. there is to many questions here for someone to ready over and try to reply in one day and to much speculation for someone to wanna try if they are legit.

thats just my 1 cent

Regards,
Nasser
Pages:
Jump to: