Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 13. (Read 15621 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Any updates when next shipments start?
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Hello
Small question : what is a node for?
advantage for apollo ?

Its to help the Bitcoin network basically. It doesnt have any effect on the mining of the hardware.
Activity: 8
Hello
Small question : what is a node for?
advantage for apollo ?
Hi all, quick question for planning as I wait for my Batch 2 order to arrive...

I ordered a Full package plus a Standard unit, both without PSUs because I have spares here.

Will it be OK to hook one PSU up to both systems provided that the PSU can support the four PCIe power connections that when combined, the Apollo nodes will need? I have a 650 watt and a 750 watt here. Either would be overkill for one unit but one could support both if that's not a concern.

Thoughts?

Should be fine. Im using a 750w which runs the Apollo on "Balanced Mode" (160w) and an R606 at 800m getting around 1Th. Both combined pull around 300w from the wall (allowing for efficiency losses), so you should have enough headroom to run a Node and standard on a 750w.
Activity: 12
Merit: 5
Hi all, quick question for planning as I wait for my Batch 2 order to arrive...

I ordered a Full package plus a Standard unit, both without PSUs because I have spares here.

Will it be OK to hook one PSU up to both systems provided that the PSU can support the four PCIe power connections that when combined, the Apollo nodes will need? I have a 650 watt and a 750 watt here. Either would be overkill for one unit but one could support both if that's not a concern.

Thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Congrats guys...we made it to the first page on Blockchair!

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/nodes

This is still a very small minority based on how many nodes should be online by now...make sure you got those 8333 ports forwarded to your node on your router otherwise it won't be a publicly visible node.

Lets show the world how its really done!
legendary
When is batch 2 shipping?

PCBs are currently in production, and final materials will be in by next week so hope to start shipping third week of July.

will you change node to LN? I would love to run a LN network

That is what I'm waiting for too and one of the reasons I bought this sexy little unit

Yep, block explorer and LN node are the first apps we have to release in the pipeline.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925

PCBs are currently in production, and final materials will be in by next week so hope to start shipping third week of July.

That is what I'm waiting for too and one of the reasons I bought this sexy little unit
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary

Activity: 4
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
How many hash boards do you think you can run off of one full apollo node?
Yea mine came with the customs paperwork showing how much it was aswell. But i suppose thats a customs request so they can work out fees possibly. I dont know

As for a wireless keyboard and mouse. Yes i use a Rii K18 keyboard mouse combo. Basic but small and easy to use with the Pi4 and the Apollo. Plug and play on both aswell.
legendary
Where was the update request?

Thanks for reaching out!   I was able to download and flash the SD card and am back up and running.   If I can come across the screen icon that asked me to "update" I will take notes and report back exactly what I did.  However, I am stoked to be contributing the the pool and spending time reading and learning about deploying the full node.  Thanks for all that helped me get back up and running.  Certainly a newb and always willing to learn.  THANKS!

Yes this is in the support thread, you updated the system (not the Apollo web app which has its own update mechanism and is safe to do). System update will mess the embedded bits in the OS and brick your system. Probably should have disabled the auto update mechanism in ubuntu before shipping the image  Roll Eyes

If underlying system updates (Ubuntu) are, and should be disabled, how security updates of Linux within are being handled? Will you be releasing updates every month to keep Ubuntu underneath updated? I like the idea of containerized bits for mining & node (as read in support thread). Underlying OS must be kept op to date for security reasons.
Thanks

Yes will issue image updates, and need to check whats breaking the system on the update but thats low on the priority list right now.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175

Thanks for reaching out!   I was able to download and flash the SD card and am back up and running.   If I can come across the screen icon that asked me to "update" I will take notes and report back exactly what I did.  However, I am stoked to be contributing the the pool and spending time reading and learning about deploying the full node.  Thanks for all that helped me get back up and running.  Certainly a newb and always willing to learn.  THANKS!

Yes this is in the support thread, you updated the system (not the Apollo web app which has its own update mechanism and is safe to do). System update will mess the embedded bits in the OS and brick your system. Probably should have disabled the auto update mechanism in ubuntu before shipping the image  Roll Eyes

If underlying system updates (Ubuntu) are, and should be disabled, how security updates of Linux within are being handled? Will you be releasing updates every month to keep Ubuntu underneath updated? I like the idea of containerized bits for mining & node (as read in support thread). Underlying OS must be kept op to date for security reasons.
Thanks
legendary

Thanks for reaching out!   I was able to download and flash the SD card and am back up and running.   If I can come across the screen icon that asked me to "update" I will take notes and report back exactly what I did.  However, I am stoked to be contributing the the pool and spending time reading and learning about deploying the full node.  Thanks for all that helped me get back up and running.  Certainly a newb and always willing to learn.  THANKS!

Yes this is in the support thread, you updated the system (not the Apollo web app which has its own update mechanism and is safe to do). System update will mess the embedded bits in the OS and brick your system. Probably should have disabled the auto update mechanism in ubuntu before shipping the image  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2

Thanks for reaching out!   I was able to download and flash the SD card and am back up and running.   If I can come across the screen icon that asked me to "update" I will take notes and report back exactly what I did.  However, I am stoked to be contributing the the pool and spending time reading and learning about deploying the full node.  Thanks for all that helped me get back up and running.  Certainly a newb and always willing to learn.  THANKS!
Activity: 100
Merit: 29
Received my standard unit mid of last week and wanted to report back that I am so far happy with it. Neat and tiny pod that seems to be a solid piece of hardware. Thanks to @jstefanop for making this real.
Activity: 2
Is anyone else having a issue after an update request? Full node purchased. Ran for about 24 hours. Update requested and now won’t load anything.  No interface, command lines only.  Read threads and tried downloading new software on another SD card with no joy.    @jeff is it possible just to order a new SD card with OS? 

Really liked the unit and was mining as advertised.  Solid machine and very quiet.

Any help would be appreciated
Pages:
Jump to: