Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 178. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Did you try hitting the website (hashco.ws, different ip), or actually mine?  Ping being dropped isn't an indication of a problem.  
I was trying to ping stratum01.hashco.ws to see how bad the latency is to see whether it is worth giving it a try.  France can either be bad or terrible from here and ping is a very valuable tool for measuring latency and loss.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Any update on a NA server?

No ETA on this yet. Focus at the moment is upping the performance of our profits.

I'm not mining here because of too many getwork failures... it might be short sighted to think that a NA server wouldn't up the performance of profits.
+1 that.  Also, your site seems either down or broken

Code:
PING stratum01.hashco.ws (37.187.9.53) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- stratum01.hashco.ws ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 6016ms
Did you try hitting the website (hashco.ws, different ip), or actually mine?  Ping being dropped isn't an indication of a problem.  From what I can see mining is working perfectly and the website is up.  If your seeing a problem with either on your end though, give me a traceroute and perhaps we can track it down.  The pool has 350+Mh/s atm, so certainly working for a chunk of people.

Regarding and NA server, it is absolutely on our list, but I feel there are a few short term adjustments we can implement that will (hopefully) be to the benefit of everyone mining, before we get to implementing a second server.  its not written in stone of course, perhaps it gets bumped up the list as we go along.  We are working hard to improve the experience across the board, and always open to feedback/suggestions.

Activity: 192

No ETA on this yet. Focus at the moment is upping the performance of our profits.

I'm not mining here because of too many getwork failures... it might be short sighted to think that a NA server wouldn't up the performance of profits.
+1 that.  Also, your site seems either down or broken

Code:
PING stratum01.hashco.ws (37.187.9.53) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- stratum01.hashco.ws ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 6016ms

100% packet loss.
Activity: 163

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Hmm... MNC is looking very ordinary.  Might be time to flick it.  What the pool really needs is another coin like ANC to pick up the slack when ANC goes to insane difficulty levels.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be one...

Yea we might hit MNC with a profitability hit, sucks we cant add FTC / NVC because our hash isn't quite there just yet, but we should have another couple of "cash cow" coins soon.

Activity: 134
Hmm... MNC is looking very ordinary.  Might be time to flick it.  What the pool really needs is another coin like ANC to pick up the slack when ANC goes to insane difficulty levels.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be one...
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
We've started implementation of some of the diff changes that have been mentioned the last couple of days.  Phase 1 of this implementation means that your difficulty setting from the end of the previous round, is re-called at the start of the next round, and its what you will be given right off the bat (aside from the initial share or two at the pool target of 64 that you get on re-connect).  

Example:  Round 1 we mine WDC, vardiff eventually ramps you up to a diff of 128, the round ends, Round 2 we mine DGC, after a share or two at 64 you should see 128.  During phase 1, vardiff will then continue to monitor, and may adjust you further up or down from that point.

We felt that the potential negative of starting too high was outweighed by the benefit of starting closer to your 'target' diff, even if it was for a different coin.  (the settings from one coin to the next don't differ too much).  

Note: We've currently only implemented this on Proof of Work coins. Hybrid coins will behave as they always have, starting you off at the pool default of 64 and ramping up/down via vardiff as expected.

Please report if you notice any oddities with vardiff going forward!

Future phases will allow for user selectable difficulties, including a 'user minimum difficulty' (where vardiff could still move you higher, but never lower), as well as 'static difficulty' (where vardiff won't touch you, you get what you set).
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
Profit...ability... slipping away...

Looking at the daily Est, down almost 25% from yesterday Sad

And still dropping...

Well it isn't helping that one of the sites we use for trading is pretty much not working heh Sad

I understand that some things you have no control over, so no faith lost here:D  Keep up the great work!

And still dropping...

Well it isn't helping that one of the sites we use for trading is pretty much not working heh Sad
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
For the love of God, stop mining MinCoin and HoboNickels

We will look into hitting them with a profitability hit. We are working on some bigger things tho atm! Smiley

like???
is there anything we can do to help the site at all?

And i would like to know Who the Site owners are and if they Could PM me as i am putting together a site for Newbies to the BTC community

Check the first and second posts of the thread to see who's running the show.
Been testing for some days now, and like it.

Got a couple of questions;

1. "My Hashrate" on the page is dropping from time to time (by 100 - 300kh/s), while my local speed is constant? (I do not send stales, is this the reason?)

2. Diamond and fastcoin looks good on coinchoose (7 days average), how about adding these? Or are the difficulty too low resulting in too many stales?

-Cheers

1. Its a possibility, especially if your noticing it drop near the start of a round, where vardiff will still be ramping you back up to target share submission rate.

2. Both coins are on the site. DMD we mined a lot in the early days, but found even though it was 'profitable' as per the math, the actual payouts were not. So we more or less disabled it via super high stalerate penalty.   FST isn't mined often, most likely due to its natural higher stalerate/orphan penalty.
Activity: 350
Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

We will look into hitting them with a profitability hit. We are working on some bigger things tho atm! Smiley

like???
is there anything we can do to help the site at all?

And i would like to know Who the Site owners are and if they Could PM me as i am putting together a site for Newbies to the BTC community
Activity: 141

And still dropping...

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have been mining since around Round 1004 or so and i still dont see anything in my Confirmed Balance even tho rounds are showing paid in full

Site username is
Freebitcoinslist

Payout to confirmed Balance is once a day per this post on page 14 of the thread:

The new "official" payout time is 3:00 UTC // 11:00 EST.

So today's payout was sent out 2 hours early (22 hours total of mining time) but we still saw the best profit day since Hashcows was launched!

The cow's are happy!  Moooo

Activity: 350
Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s
I have been mining since around Round 1004 or so and i still dont see anything in my Confirmed Balance even tho rounds are showing paid in full

Site username is
Freebitcoinslist
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Been testing for some days now, and like it.

Got a couple of questions;

1. "My Hashrate" on the page is dropping from time to time (by 100 - 300kh/s), while my local speed is constant? (I do not send stales, is this the reason?)

2. Diamond and fastcoin looks good on coinchoose (7 days average), how about adding these? Or are the difficulty too low resulting in too many stales?

-Cheers
I'm giving your pool a try now for a few days and I really like it.
It's also good to see the pool operators are very active on the forum and working hard to make the pool better every day.
Let's hope the increasing line in profits continues Smiley

When I look at the site stats. I notice that every rond of HoboNickels (HBN) is really disappointing. I also see that HBN has a Proof of Stake component.
Some time ago I tried mining AndroidsTokens on one of Torzsy's pools and had the same disappointing results. Reading around on the forums I found that stratum has a problem with POS coins and I allerted Torzsy to this problem.
He looked into it and came to the same conclusion, after which he posted this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-new-androidstokens-adt-pool-stratum-pushpool-291148

I think we have the same problem with HBN. Please look into it and give the coin some extra handicap before switching to it.
Maybe you can PM Torzsy about his findings. My communication with him was very good and he seemed like a nice guy. Even after I stopped mining at his pool Wink

Keep up the good work.

Hmm, will take a look into that, good find.

Thanks for mining with us!
Jump to: