Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 181. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

Thanks for sharing - it gives exactly the type of information I was suggesting being added to the stats.  It really shows which coins are the stinkers (I'm looking at you GDC), and which appear to have a sizable return (ANC, everytime!).  At first the conversion to uBTC was disliked, but it's grown on me, I'm not having to count zeroes now.

+1
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
I had to post this in the newbie forum earlier, but I was thinking the same thing and I saw this post right after I finished a greasemonkey script to do something very similar and make a few other changes based on personal preference.  Don't get me wrong--I really like the site, but I figure the admins have higher priority items to work on, so until they get around to it, this script might be useful.

Here's what I did:
- Difficulty is recalculated as expected number of diff 1 shares. (same as cgminer)
- Calculates pool rejected % for current round and compares it to user rejected % (green if you are better than pool average, red if worse.)
- Changed estimated earnings to display in uBTC.
- Calculates round profitability as uBTC/hr.

This is what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/3Z3eGdP

And the code is here:
https://github.com/DeckardLain/HashCowMod/blob/master/Hash_Cows_Mod.user.js

Thanks for sharing - it gives exactly the type of information I was suggesting being added to the stats.  It really shows which coins are the stinkers (I'm looking at you GDC), and which appear to have a sizable return (ANC, everytime!).  At first the conversion to uBTC was disliked, but it's grown on me, I'm not having to count zeroes now.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Is there something up with the BTC estimates today, I'm only showing around 0.025 for the day when the past couple of days I have been at 0.09/0.1 with my 5MH.
Activity: 102

Guys, I went from about a 4% reject rate the last few days to over 22% today.  I like the pool, the ops are responsive and seem to be trying, but until you get all the bugs ironed out I'm off to something else.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
I don't remember if I read it here or another thread and please don't laugh  Roll Eyes but someone suggested that it may be actually more profitable to mine the 2nd most profitable coin...

Think it through.  Middlecoin and Multipool are both running at nearly 1 Gh/s EACH.  This pool will be around 300 Mh/s in the next day or so.  That's around 2.3 Gh/s of hashing not counting the multi coin pools I don't know about.  Middlecoin and Hashcows mine and auto exchange, probably at the same time.  Multipool has a rudimentary auto exchange system via Cryptsy and will no doubt soon move to a more integrated system like here and middlecoin.

So what is happening is that a shit load of newly matured coins are hitting the exchanges at the same time and the expected price goes south and we get a less than expected return.  The other side effect of massive hashing power hitting a coin is that its difficulty goes through the roof making it a short lived love affair.  If a pool was milking the 2nd best coin, the profitability would still be high and the difficulty would rise more slowly.  The kicker is that when the coins were auto traded you woudn't be competing with a gazillion coins from the other sites...

I know it an idea from left field but it might be worth trialling. Thoughts?

That was indeed this thread, I had suggested it.  I only put it out there, where you elaborated on the best reasons to implement it.  However, everyone is going to use a different algorithm to determine best coin, so it may not always coincide on each multi - multipool and hashcows publishes theirs, but middlecoin does not.  You can sometimes make an educated guess as to what coin it is based on the difficulty, but with the lower diff coins, not always.

Perhaps looking for high reject rate or super-fast block finding (in relation to the target time) would give an indicator that the coin is being hammered, and that coin can be moved away from even if the profitability number is highest
Activity: 65
~40 hours of mining, default settings of account, 4700mhsh, 2-10% rejects and my confirmed balance now is 0.07947811btc.  I think its not profitable
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
One IMPORTANT issue that needs to be addressed soon:

- Hourly payouts.  Need to pay out the confirmed hourly batches ASAP.  Cause in 24 hours, it could be 50% lower.  Need to do it within the hour to maximize the profits.

Your talking about wanting your BTC paid hourly as opposed to once per 24hrs?

Yes, all confirmed coins would be sold hourly if autosell is on.  Excellent example: HBN went from 0.00005231 to 0.00006969 for half hour.  If we could have sold it when it was up, a higher profit would have been obtained.

OR the other option...

Monitor the start bid price, each minute query the current bid price.  If the price moves up x %, sell y % of the current confirmed coins where y would be a percentage of coins (eg: 25-75% of confirmed coins) and then still monitor again if it goes up... If it continues to rise, sell another block of coins, etc until it stops going up.  Minimum sell is 25% of the coins.

The trades of non-btc coins happening behind the scenes do not only happen once a day.  Coins are being traded all the time.  Its just the final user payout that only happens once a day at the same time.  The algos are currently a little on the conservative side, and we've already got ideas for tweaks to potentially improve their overall results.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
After 3 days of mining, a bit of outages as well, I have accumulated approximately 0.13579313 BTC for ~2.8 GH/s. This is a combination of Autosell and kept coins at current prices.  I think we would have made more if we sold them when the markets were up for those days.

It will take 22 days to make 1 BTC.

So it may be more worth it mining 1 coin non-stop instead.
Activity: 200
One IMPORTANT issue that needs to be addressed soon:

- Hourly payouts.  Need to pay out the confirmed hourly batches ASAP.  Cause in 24 hours, it could be 50% lower.  Need to do it within the hour to maximize the profits.

Your talking about wanting your BTC paid hourly as opposed to once per 24hrs?

Yes, all confirmed coins would be sold hourly if autosell is on.  Excellent example: HBN went from 0.00005231 to 0.00006969 for half hour.  If we could have sold it when it was up, a higher profit would have been obtained.

OR the other option...

Monitor the start bid price, each minute query the current bid price.  If the price moves up x %, sell y % of the current confirmed coins where y would be a percentage of coins (eg: 25-75% of confirmed coins) and then still monitor again if it goes up... If it continues to rise, sell another block of coins, etc until it stops going up.  Minimum sell is 25% of the coins.
Activity: 134
aTriz.  Great almost answer.  Have you considered a career in politics? Only joking mate.  I don't have the skills to set it up but if someone was to run a side by side simulation of my hypothesis it might be revealing.

Also, there appears to be a glitch in the estimated BTC earnings.  It's showing about 1/10th of what I manually calculate my earnings to be.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I don't remember if I read it here or another thread and please don't laugh  Roll Eyes but someone suggested that it may be actually more profitable to mine the 2nd most profitable coin...

Think it through.  Middlecoin and Multipool are both running at nearly 1 Gh/s EACH.  This pool will be around 300 Mh/s in the next day or so.  That's around 2.3 Gh/s of hashing not counting the multi coin pools I don't know about.  Middlecoin and Hashcows mine and auto exchange, probably at the same time.  Multipool has a rudimentary auto exchange system via Cryptsy and will no doubt soon move to a more integrated system like here and middlecoin.

So what is happening is that a shit load of newly matured coins are hitting the exchanges at the same time and the expected price goes south and we get a less than expected return.  The other side effect of massive hashing power hitting a coin is that its difficulty goes through the roof making it a short lived love affair.  If a pool was milking the 2nd best coin, the profitability would still be high and the difficulty would rise more slowly.  The kicker is that when the coins were auto traded you woudn't be competing with a gazillion coins from the other sites...

We actually talked about implementing something like this, though I guess it's a slippery road, it would be great in some situations, but in others I would think it's still worth it to be on the most profitable. I guess we could do it on a coin by coin basis, maybe something we can look into, but there's a few more "important" things on our to do list, that you guys will enjoy Smiley
Activity: 476
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
I don't remember if I read it here or another thread and please don't laugh  Roll Eyes but someone suggested that it may be actually more profitable to mine the 2nd most profitable coin...

Think it through.  Middlecoin and Multipool are both running at nearly 1 Gh/s EACH.  This pool will be around 300 Mh/s in the next day or so.  That's around 2.3 Gh/s of hashing not counting the multi coin pools I don't know about.  Middlecoin and Hashcows mine and auto exchange, probably at the same time.  Multipool has a rudimentary auto exchange system via Cryptsy and will no doubt soon move to a more integrated system like here and middlecoin.

So what is happening is that a shit load of newly matured coins are hitting the exchanges at the same time and the expected price goes south and we get a less than expected return.  The other side effect of massive hashing power hitting a coin is that its difficulty goes through the roof making it a short lived love affair.  If a pool was milking the 2nd best coin, the profitability would still be high and the difficulty would rise more slowly.  The kicker is that when the coins were auto traded you woudn't be competing with a gazillion coins from the other sites...

+1

Sounds about right, LTC siting at 400%~ profitability, it's tough to beat it. On the upside, we did decide to disable EMD, ALF, DMD, GDC. This will improve payouts from now on and once we get that stale/reject issue sorted out, I don't see why we wouldn't be beating out LTC in the near future Cheesy

Also we are thinking of adding Feathercoin on the pool, opinions on that?

With coins such as DGC, FST and WDC, with these coins having a high stale rate anyway (FST having nearly a 50% rate) does that not affect the amount of rejects some users are getting?  Over the past 24 hours, my rigs are sitting on a 5-6% reject rate and 0.1% stale after mining all of the various coins which I think is probably about right.  Am I wrong in thinking that?

Adding FTC might be alright to add now with the pool hashrate as it is and growing.

Very happy with this pool so far, the features, the activeness of yourself and nearmiss with listening to suggestions as well as listening to and giving feedback, can't ask for more.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Is the pool down?

Was out for about 3-5 minutes for me, just came back acording to my miners.
Is the pool down?

Edit; Back up
Activity: 181
Hi, when is idle worker notifications coming up? Smiley
Activity: 490
tnx guys,

keep posting these stats daily. that's a good measurement help's everyone.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Please anybody can provide us a BTC/MHash/Day estimate?

Simply tell us what is your hashrate , and what was your earnings in past 24hours?

tnx.

0.04 BTC for 2400 kh/s - mined for three days, that's the third day -- so a full cycle of daily coins.  LTC would have been .043 -- ~7% more

Sounds about right, LTC siting at 400%~ profitability, it's tough to beat it. On the upside, we did decide to disable EMD, ALF, DMD, GDC. This will improve payouts from now on and once we get that stale/reject issue sorted out, I don't see why we wouldn't be beating out LTC in the near future Cheesy

Also we are thinking of adding Feathercoin on the pool, opinions on that?
Jump to: