Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 179. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
I'm giving your pool a try now for a few days and I really like it.
It's also good to see the pool operators are very active on the forum and working hard to make the pool better every day.
Let's hope the increasing line in profits continues Smiley

When I look at the site stats. I notice that every rond of HoboNickels (HBN) is really disappointing. I also see that HBN has a Proof of Stake component.
Some time ago I tried mining AndroidsTokens on one of Torzsy's pools and had the same disappointing results. Reading around on the forums I found that stratum has a problem with POS coins and I allerted Torzsy to this problem.
He looked into it and came to the same conclusion, after which he posted this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-new-androidstokens-adt-pool-stratum-pushpool-291148

I think we have the same problem with HBN. Please look into it and give the coin some extra handicap before switching to it.
Maybe you can PM Torzsy about his findings. My communication with him was very good and he seemed like a nice guy. Even after I stopped mining at his pool Wink

Keep up the good work.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Hmm.

Just watched as DGC jumped to 1,200% profitability (~930% adjusted) and the pool stayed chugging away on MEC at 483% for a good 5 minutes or so, until it had done a 10 minute round, and only then switched to DGC.

Shouldn't there be/can there be some logic that says 'if x coin is so much more profitable, switch now instead of later'?

looking at the DGC round, it's safe to say that we still got a good run at it - still got in for over 2 hours with quite the estimated return.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Hmm.

Just watched as DGC jumped to 1,200% profitability (~930% adjusted) and the pool stayed chugging away on MEC at 483% for a good 5 minutes or so, until it had done a 10 minute round, and only then switched to DGC.

Shouldn't there be/can there be some logic that says 'if x coin is so much more profitable, switch now instead of later'?
Activity: 134
Profits are turning down today because ANC refuses to come and play.. Sad
Activity: 163
I wanted to really like this pool, but everytime I've tried it, I get too many getwork failures. For profit switching, I've just setup with pools that I like and am using CGWatcher in Windows and CryptoSwitcher in Linux. It's a lot more work to manage that many config files and pool accounts but worth it for the stability.
Ooookay, now it decided on 864, 576, and 92/324.

Err...

I'd have to dig into it a bit further, can you pm me your site username.   I'll check what the logs are saying for your worker re-targets.   Its all just based on how many seconds its taking them to submit a share.  Also, not to brush this off, as it certainly seems odd, but we've got a few new difficulty options in the works that we are hopeful to start rolling out in the next couple of days,  which should help address some issues, and may help even out your re-targets.

Pm'd.

Yeah. From just watching how each one is performing as far as shares submitted when the diffs are whack, something seems off.

More options = thumbs up
Activity: 448

Err...

I'd have to dig into it a bit further, can you pm me your site username.   I'll check what the logs are saying for your worker re-targets.   Its all just based on how many seconds its taking them to submit a share.  Also, not to brush this off, as it certainly seems odd, but we've got a few new difficulty options in the works that we are hopeful to start rolling out in the next couple of days,  which should help address some issues, and may help even out your re-targets.

Err...
Soo... looking across 3 rigs, the diffs (per vardiff) are... funky. Each rig is 2.6 MH/s

#1's at 320, which seems about right. #2's at 800, which seems too high. And the third, which has a 7970 by itself and the rest 7950s (two cgminer instances) has the 7970 at 320 and the 3x 7950s at 1000 !?

Hmm, while I was typing this, the server disconnected all for a second, and then reconnected, so back at the default of 64 again, for a moment.

Uhm... any ideas? I've got to think that's not helping things.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Definitely happy ... profits seem to be steadily going up. Even with the hickups testing FTC and the short day, I pulled in my highest daily total yet Smiley.
Yeah, I'm happy.  10% higher than my previous best day.  Pretty good for only 22 hours mining instead of 24 hours.  (actually 21 hours thanks to the FTC experiment!  Cheesy )
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
The new "official" payout time is 3:00 UTC // 11:00 EST.

So today's payout was sent out 2 hours early (22 hours total of mining time) but we still saw the best profit day since Hashcows was launched!

The cow's are happy!  Moooo
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

We disabled it for now, FTC and NVC are very profitable we just need to figure out if we have enough hash/luck on our side to make it worth it. We would only need to farm 1 FTC block every 45~ mintues for it to be worth it Smiley

Feedback welcome on this guys!

Hmm, after looking at the numbers on FTC I think our pool needs a few hundred more MH/s before we consider mining FTC ... maybe put some kinda logic in that if our total pool MH/s is higher than say 600, then give FTC a try, but at 311 MH/s I don't think we make enough reliably for it to be worth it.
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
Maybe there could be a very nice profit turned for miners by setting up an algorithm for selling as opposed to just deciding what coins to mine.  Say a miner has two options; the instant cash out method currently in place, or the delayed algorithm method.  What this would do is compare the price of the coin currently and what it was in the past week or two.  If it is 20% or more below its average price over this time, it will hold the coins till it is 10% or less below the average.  This is of course risky for some coins, but it might be an interesting option for miners who are willing to take that route.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Enough already!  Just passed the 1 hour mark between NVC and FTC for zero return  Cry

edit: just noticed multipool is throwing 800Mh/s at FTC and not doing any good either!

We disabled it for now, FTC and NVC are very profitable we just need to figure out if we have enough hash/luck on our side to make it worth it. We would only need to farm 1 FTC block every 45~ mintues for it to be worth it Smiley

Feedback welcome on this guys!
Enough already!  Just passed the 1 hour mark between NVC and FTC for zero return  Cry

edit: just noticed multipool is throwing 800Mh/s at FTC and not doing any good either!
Just noticed that NVC and FTC added.  Are you guys sure we are big enough to get some NVC blocks in a reasonable time?

We've extended round times for both.  I'm not so sure about FTC, but its been requested a bunch of times, so we can try it out.  We'll be watching closely, and if either are returning empty rounds a couple times we'll likely disbale and re-evaluate down the road.  They are great coins to mine, but not if we wont be finding blocks in a reasonable time!

Edit: the normal/short first nvc round was my fault.

As far as the extended round times for NVC/FTC, what's the deal there? The usual round times are a min. of 10 minutes or so, I take it? And there's an override if something is way more profitable?

If we are mining NVC or FTC, we have a specific minimum round time greater than the normal 8-10min.  If we've been mining one of these two less than our larger round time, it would take a coin being significantly more profitable for us to switch to it.   Once we reach the greater round time target, profitability changes fall back to the lower standard increase between coins.
Just noticed that NVC and FTC added.  Are you guys sure we are big enough to get some NVC blocks in a reasonable time?

We've extended round times for both.  I'm not so sure about FTC, but its been requested a bunch of times, so we can try it out.  We'll be watching closely, and if either are returning empty rounds a couple times we'll likely disbale and re-evaluate down the road.  They are great coins to mine, but not if we wont be finding blocks in a reasonable time!

*shakes fist at NVC round*

Oh. Well, I guess you get a pass on that one.

Although the "Est. Daily BTC Earnings" has been slowly dropping all day, it's still looking to probably be the best yet. Now that you added NVC and FTC (hopefully that works out...) i'm thinking I might as well switch over all the hashes.

As far as the extended round times for NVC/FTC, what's the deal there? The usual round times are a min. of 10 minutes or so, I take it? And there's an override if something is way more profitable?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I waited about 10 minutes on a few occasions and nothing happened. No "you request will be processed" or anything similar, just a page reload.

I have the same issue. Manual payouts do not happen. Password seems to be filled in by default, but no error.

Jump to: