Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 180. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Just noticed that NVC and FTC added.  Are you guys sure we are big enough to get some NVC blocks in a reasonable time?
I waited about 10 minutes on a few occasions and nothing happened. No "you request will be processed" or anything similar, just a page reload.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
tried to cash out to my BTC wallet.  Pressed the "cash out" button several times but all that happened was the page reloaded...  BTC address and password are correct.

EDIT: Figured out a work around.  Set the BTC auto payout threshold to 0.001 and the payment went through.  Hope I don't have to do that every time though..

The cashout feature queues up the send, but its not sending the coins as soon as the page is submitted.   The payout script runs every 5 minutes to catch anyone that has asked to manually cash out.  Though if this still wasn't happening, we'll certainly need to take a look.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
nearmiss and aTriz, if you have time, please check up on ANC.  I don't see it going green in the past 30 round list, but it's a big chunk of the estimated earnings.  We could be in for a disappointment when (if?) it finally gets traded.

ANC is working just fine, just takes longer than the other coins to mature. It's very profitable for us though Smiley

tried to cash out to my BTC wallet.  Pressed the "cash out" button several times but all that happened was the page reloaded...  BTC address and password are correct.

EDIT: Figured out a work around.  Set the BTC auto payout threshold to 0.001 and the payment went through.  Hope I don't have to do that every time though..

That's odd, we will take a look at it.

EDIT: Figured out a work around.  Set the BTC auto payout threshold to 0.001 and the payment went through.  Hope I don't have to do that every time though..
Activity: 167
nearmiss and aTriz, if you have time, please check up on ANC.  I don't see it going green in the past 30 round list, but it's a big chunk of the estimated earnings.  We could be in for a disappointment when (if?) it finally gets traded.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
24 hr earnings with 937 Kh/s were BTC 0.01923609
70 WDC and 1.5 MNC were not autotraded but sent to an exchange directly, so that's another BTC 0.0025
Total of BTC 0.0217
Calculates into BTC 0.0232 per Mh/s every 24 hours.

If the next payout is as good as this one, I'm gonna point my main rigs here also.

Keep up the good work guys !!  Grin
Consider using Cgwatcher to manage your mining software. Sometimes cgminer gets stuck when the pool goes down.
Or configure another pool and turn failover only on to switch when pool is unresponsive.  Another reason why we need longer (15-30 minutes) changes from one coin to another (unless the profitability drops >50% then change earlier.)

I'm happy to oblige longer round times and we can see how it goes.   I'll set this up later tonight, with some logic to still switch anyways if profitability jump is greater than X threshold (as you said). 

Sorry, got more tied up than expected working on new vardiff-type improvements, didn't get to this tonight.  I've got a pretty busy weekend but will try and get to it, if not, then Monday shouldn't be a problem.

Happy mining.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~

Are you referring to the 'My Est.Earnings' in the stats table per round, or your 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value?  (the latter is the more important)

EDIT: Sorry actually it was indeed the "Est. Daily BTC Earnings" value.  Wink

This is likely just coincidence.  That number is updated at somewhat random intervals throughout the day.  In addition, today has been a bit of an 'off' day in terms of consistency of trades, mostly due to one of the exchanges having some major delays and other problems.  It caused a lot of our coins to be 'stuck' in transit, as well as some trades taking much longer than they otherwise would have.  Also note that your round stats are calculated at the time the round ends, whereas that 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value is only ever affected once trades have been made.  In short, there is no direct link between the round ending (which is when we'd calculate your share % among other miners), and that number changing.

I'd suggest for now just take note of your payout tonight. If it doesn't seem to line up with expectations, pm me your username and I can dig into your details further.

Alright, will do.  Smiley

On a side note, i have to say, i love the way your pool functions! I truly believe it will come out on top once you have it going at 100%. Thanks. Keep up the excellent work!  Cool
@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~

Are you referring to the 'My Est.Earnings' in the stats table per round, or your 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value?  (the latter is the more important)

This is likely just coincidence.  That number is updated at somewhat random intervals throughout the day.  In addition, today has been a bit of an 'off' day in terms of consistency of trades, mostly due to one of the exchanges having some major delays and other problems.  It caused a lot of our coins to be 'stuck' in transit, as well as some trades taking much longer than they otherwise would have.  Also note that your round stats are calculated at the time the round ends, whereas that 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value is only ever affected once trades have been made.  In short, there is no direct link between the round ending (which is when we'd calculate your share % among other miners), and that number changing.

I'd suggest for now just take note of your payout tonight. If it doesn't seem to line up with expectations, pm me your username and I can dig into your details further.
@aTriz

~JohnnyCrypto~

Yes, i was referring to the "My Est.Earnings". I realize that it is just an estimate, but i have been receiving almost exactly what it has been saying i should be getting, so i was using it as a measurement tool. Nevertheless, my "My Est.Earnings" have been dropping while mining and increasing while not mining.. Strange..  Huh

@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~

Are you referring to the 'My Est.Earnings' in the stats table per round, or your 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value?  (the latter is the more important)
Consider using Cgwatcher to manage your mining software. Sometimes cgminer gets stuck when the pool goes down.
Or configure another pool and turn failover only on to switch when pool is unresponsive.  Another reason why we need longer (15-30 minutes) changes from one coin to another (unless the profitability drops >50% then change earlier.)

I'm happy to oblige longer round times and we can see how it goes.   I'll set this up later tonight, with some logic to still switch anyways if profitability jump is greater than X threshold (as you said). 
Activity: 200
@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Back up, sorry about that guys.
Activity: 11
Hmm ... anyone else have the pool connection drop for them, been down for about a minute now for me Sad.

Yup, down here as well.
Activity: 21
Hmm ... anyone else have the pool connection drop for them, been down for about a minute now for me Sad.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

Guys, I went from about a 4% reject rate the last few days to over 22% today.  I like the pool, the ops are responsive and seem to be trying, but until you get all the bugs ironed out I'm off to something else.
That only matters if your setup is generating more than other miners, or the pool is generating more than other pools. If it has to do with the coin, then what's important is profitability after rejects+stales are taken into account. If a coin shows 800% profit but with 40% lost work, that is still better than another 400% "clean" coin.

As I said elsewhere, some coins can't handle tons of megahash thrown at them, others have built in defenses against opportunistic mining and the rejects will increase. That's a different matter altogether.

So, I'd not bother too much about an ugly cgminer display or bad stats, don't let them stop from mining here. The most important metric is obviously uBTC / minute for the ones that auto-sell.
Jump to: