Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 101. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I think we have our first person trying to scam another IPO investor! I was talking with the person who made the last investment (around 0.22 BTC) and he's from Québec, uses his real name and was very curteous. Then I get a PM here and an e-mail from a very suspicious e-mail address claiming that they made the transaction. The user on bitcointalk already has negative feedback so there is clearly no confusion.

How dumb are you scammers? First of all the IPO coins are not being sent right away and second of all there will always be a very rigorous process to insure integrity of the investor list. Beware of the user in the screenshot above, he's been accused of scamming before.

interested in a polish translation?
I can do that as well.

I can also put together an X11 mining guide for GPUs.
In my opinion there is no point mining with a CPU, electricity costs will be greater than coins mined (at least that's how it is for other X11 coins)

I would love a legit polish translation, I removed the bounties because people were using google translate and doing a terrible job. A bounty of 125 QBC will be awarded for the translation. If you can put together a well constructed and easy to understand guide for mining (and keep QBC as the theme of that mining) that would be perfect and I'll put a claim on the reward for you. I do need the CPU mining part (maybe as a side note since it's a lot easier to configure). At the beginning some people might go ahead and cpu mine for a few coins anyways while the difficulty is lower.

I'm currently reading your other post and will respond in a few minutes.
aws
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
interested in a polish translation?
I can do that as well.

I can also put together an X11 mining guide for GPUs.
In my opinion there is no point mining with a CPU, electricity costs will be greater than coins mined (at least that's how it is for other X11 coins)
aws
Activity: 219
@JP

I would like to take part in the IPO, but essentially i am investing in you.
Would you mind either posting or PM'ing me your linkedin profile url?

I actually don't even use linkedin, I have a facebook profile but I don't think that's exactly credible. I wanted to avoid the complications of using an escrow but I'm open to suggestions of a trusted third party or community member who has dealt with this kind of thing before as I know that would make people feel more at ease. I know that the Heavycoin IPO didn't use any escrow and that made their life a lot easier and let them avoid additional fees paid to the escrow and delays with payment. It ended being 100% legit even though they are completely anonymous. While I'm not trying to be anonymous, I'd prefer not sharing all my private information with the world. The internet can be a nasty place. I think I'm pretty easy to find as I'm not actually trying to hide and I already have plans for future meetups in Montréal with people who e-mailed me and want to participate in promoting QBC. Other than that If you prefer not dealing with escrow I can make a video of a fully functioning Québecoin-Qt client or something like that. So with that info you'll be able to find an arrangement that makes you feel at ease with investing.

Let me know what you think!
Okay, how about detailing your plans for the coin for the short term and long term ?
You said you'd like to work on the coin full time. Are you a developer or a marketer?
What's your formal education?
Do you have a grasp on the technical issues with crypots?
Do you have a marketing team? Development team?
You mentioned a Montreal meet-up, when is it happening, maybe I can come by?

I understand that right now you have the Quebec angle, X11 and DGW, but what else?
Is that enough to survive in the jungle of cryptos?
Lets say that all people in Quebec adopt QBC, like you said that's only 8 million people. On a global scale, that's not too high.
Of course you can realistically count on 1% adoption, since only very few people know about cryptos.
I am not trying to be negative, just realistic.
Really only a few coins managed to make an impression beyond the crypo community.
(Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin are the 3 famous ones, there are other innovative ones like Darkcoin - first X11 and DGW, Primecoin - first useful work other than useless hashing, Peercoin - POS and no hard limit, Namecoin - for obvious reasons)
However, the general public has not heard about cryptos.
I have heard the comparisons of cryptos to internet circa mid-90's but im not sure i see the parallels, to replace fiat currency it will take more than a generation IMHO.

In my opinion for a coin to survive it must have a lot of services and sufficient marketing.
 Block explorer is a must. Merchant tools are a big plus. 
I know you will attract miners for two reasons:
1) X11 - GPU miners moving over from scrypt
2) speculators - they always jump on new coins since the difficulty is low.
But it is not guaranteed that they will stay for the long term.
In summary im looking for what sets QBC apart from any other coin to help it with long term survival.
I've gotten another IPO investment for around 0.22 BTC and I've encouraged the person who made it to come forward and make it public in this thread to keep everything as transparent as possible. I'm on the road currently (and still checking this thread and responding to PMs and e-mails!) so I'll have to wait to get home to update the IPO page to the newest amounts. We've crossed the 1.5 BTC mark though!
There are still a few easy bounties up for grabs people! The article and blog post about QBC are great examples, don't rush it though! I just put up a new and very important bounty. I want to make it as easy as possible for people to mine QBC and for that purpose I need an A to Z tutorial/infographic which shows people how to mine with the X11 algorithm. It needs to cover both GPU and CPU using the same mining software available for Darkcoin. It has a generous bounty and I'd love to see some quality work!
Some questions:

1) Is it possible to reconsider the percentage of pre-mined coins? To lower it? Something like 24% (St-Jean!)?

2) Would that be possible to use the law to secure the pre-mined coins? Throwing ideas like that, but something like having the wallet containing the pre-mined coins in a bank safe, with some sort of lawyer autorisation to access the coins? I'm thinking, you write a contract where you can only access the coins on a specific moment (for the airdrop) and you need the law autorisation to get to the coins in a vault somewhere.

3) If the above is possible, is it also possible to audit the pre-mining, having multiple parties who can confirm that the only copies of the pre-mined wallet are those who are going in the safe?

Removing the need of having to trust the founder of the coin would probably help a lot.

1) Every detail concerning the number of coins is calculated to assure a great distribution in every aspect. I think this is one point which I'd like to keep the same.

2) and 3) - I'm 100% open to this idea and proposed it earlier after someone mentioned that the Aphroditecoin devs dumped a huge part of the premine on the market, which disgusted me. Since every airdrop (5 total, coinciding with every halving and the end of the mining period) is for 1/5 the coins, we can do 5 separate (paper?) wallets holding the same share of premined coins. If there is anyone trustable enough (Are hero members like yourself trustable or enough or do we need multiple 'heroes'?) we can simply do a regular transfer over the network from my premine wallet to 5 separate cold storage wallets to ensure that I don't have any backup copies of the wallet files in my possession and make it a trustless solution. These cold storage wallets can then be put into a bank account and have sealed access directly by the bank until specified dates in time. This is just a quick solution so please don't hesitate to propose better alternatives.

Activity: 632
Merit: 500
Some questions:

1) Is it possible to reconsider the percentage of pre-mined coins? To lower it? Something like 24% (St-Jean!)?

2) Would that be possible to use the law to secure the pre-mined coins? Throwing ideas like that, but something like having the wallet containing the pre-mined coins in a bank safe, with some sort of lawyer autorisation to access the coins? I'm thinking, you write a contract where you can only access the coins on a specific moment (for the airdrop) and you need the law autorisation to get to the coins in a vault somewhere.

3) If the above is possible, is it also possible to audit the pre-mining, having multiple parties who can confirm that the only copies of the pre-mined wallet are those who are going in the safe?

Removing the need of having to trust the founder of the coin would probably help a lot.
[IPO Intensifiying]

Down to 20k QBC for my share, each one worth more now. Keep it up, liking all your responses in this thread OP. If the IPO passes 5 BTC, I'll put in another 1 BTC. Plus Another 1 BTC at 10 BTC.

edit: Was chatting on Poloniex trollbox about QBC, some guy promoting EMC2 over there was anti-quebec as hell. Didn't even take a look at the coin.

Sounds like a good plan to keep your share close to the original number of coins you have right now. I'll have to go take a look on Poloniex, but it's still just a trollbox of course, everyone is promoting the coin they own and want others to buy most likely. You can't trust people on there to make your decisions for you. No offense.
I'm having some really nice discussions with a few people who are asking questions by PM. It's allowing me to formulate my ideas for QBC really clearly and letting creativity flow. Big thanks to everyone asking the right questions, you're helping me think of every detail.
Activity: 532
[IPO Intensifiying]

Down to 20k QBC for my share, each one worth more now. Keep it up, liking all your responses in this thread OP. If the IPO passes 5 BTC, I'll put in another 1 BTC. Plus Another 1 BTC at 10 BTC.

edit: Was chatting on Poloniex trollbox about QBC, some guy promoting EMC2 over there was anti-quebec as hell. Didn't even take a look at the coin.
Mon coeur me dit que j'aimerais bien ça voir cette monnaie lever. Ma tête me dit "pas encore une monnaie de marde, qui utilise le Québec en plus pour se faire valoir...".

Aussi irrationnel que cela peut être, j'aurais peut-être le goût de supporter peut-être cette monnaie. Premièrement, elle concerne ma nation et deuxièmement, l'aventure de supporter une nouvelle monnaie pourrait du moins être intéressante.

Mais encore là, je suis à 98% sceptique et 2% convaincu.

TF;DU (Too french, don't understand)
Another wacky clone coin....about my nation?!?! Dude, I hate you....but maybe I could like this one...

C'est très sceptique ça! Écoute j'ai commencé par la base, j'ai pensé à chaque détail parce que la crypto-monnaie du Québec, ça allait pas être fait à moitié. X11 et DarkGravityWave et une distribution vraiment bien réfléchie pour le minage ( voir quelques post plus haut le graphique qui compare Spaincoin et Vertcoin contre Québecoin). Tu peux apporter ton support de tellement de manières, tu peux en parler à tes amis, tu peux le miner et finalement tu peux investir dans le IPO. Ça me supporte pour en faire ma job à temps plein pendant un bon bout et ça donne le plus de QBC possible en ce moment. Je suis un vrai Québécois et qui est fier de sa nation, je veux que ça marche.

--------Translation--------------

That's a lot of skepticisim! (Brunic says he likes the idea and wants to see it succeed but is only 2% convinced) Listen, I started with the basics, I thought out every detail because Québec's cryptocurrency wasn't going to be half-assed. With X11 and DarkGravityWave and a great mining distribution (see the post a bit above comparing Spaincoin and Vertcoin to Québecoin). You can support it in so many different ways, you can talk to your friends about it, you can mine it and finally you can invest in the IPO. It supports me personally and allows me to make this my fulltime job for a long time and it's the easiest way to get lots of QBC right now. I'm a real Québecer who is proud of his nation, I want this to work.
Activity: 632
Mon coeur me dit que j'aimerais bien ça voir cette monnaie lever. Ma tête me dit "pas encore une monnaie de marde, qui utilise le Québec en plus pour se faire valoir...".

Aussi irrationnel que cela peut être, j'aurais peut-être le goût de supporter peut-être cette monnaie. Premièrement, elle concerne ma nation et deuxièmement, l'aventure de supporter une nouvelle monnaie pourrait du moins être intéressante.

Mais encore là, je suis à 98% sceptique et 2% convaincu.

TF;DU (Too french, don't understand)
Another wacky clone coin....about my nation?!?! Dude, I hate you....but maybe I could like this one...
0.12000000 BTC

bf3c62e7843ec5bcd6196017189c680326fbf88167b078934d60aaf230cddcf6

Cheesy

Tu es le meilleur! (for the english speakers - an awful wordplay based on his username Lemayilleur which is "the best" = "le meilleur")

Here's the update IPO page, distribution is still looking amazing. As the bigger investors get in it might skew it a bit but it will make each QBC more valuable.

Activity: 812
Why 2 years for airdrop ?

What is your airdrop plan ? Mentionend nowhere.

I took a second look at this coin and it MIGHT have potential.
copper member
Activity: 504
0.12000000 BTC

bf3c62e7843ec5bcd6196017189c680326fbf88167b078934d60aaf230cddcf6

Cheesy
Glad to have devnullius on board for promotion during the PRE-ANN phase. He seems to have done a good job for Heavycoin.

For all the investors and anyone interested in making QBC a success don't forget that we have a few social media pages including a subreddit! (Which is not yet very active) Here are the links! Follow+Post+Like+Share !

I'll be doing a twitter bounty giveaway soon for around 100 People - 5 QBC each for a follow + retweet. I'll try to do a similar promotion with a local radio show soon after launch as well.

I'm sorry to interrupt you, Vermont, but Québec has the best maple syrup of all time.
Are you selling Maple syrup now?

Well I was giving away a can of maple syrup for the 5 first people who invested 0.1 BTC or more, but those are all gone! I still promised to ship a can to anyone during the entire IPO who puts in more than 1 BTC so I'll still be doing that. 1 BTC right now gets 45.996% of the Québecoin IPO - 96591 QBC to be exact. Otherwise if you're in Montréal at some point I'll treat you to breakfast at a local breakfast restaurant with plenty of maple syrup.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I'm sorry to interrupt you, Vermont, but Québec has the best maple syrup of all time.
Are you selling Maple syrup now?
Pages:
Jump to: