Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 102. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
We just got the biggest investment yet - 0.4985 BTC. I'm very happy about it but I would ask anyone investing to consider posting publicly in this thread instead of e-mailing or pm-ing me.

There was a huge whale who invested 20 BTC anonymously at the beginning of the Heavycoin IPO and a lot of people were turned off initially until he revealed himself. If you want your investment to turn into a success, making it public and letting people know you support QBC is the best way to do it.

I'll be updating the IPO page with the new amounts! We've passed the 1 BTC mark and I think things should pick up soon as Québecoin gains in value.

This means each QBC is at 559 Satoshi minimum now and climbing further. I'll mine some too at launch with EC2 or simply up my investment, depending on how much the IPO ends up with.

Yeah 559 Satoshi right now sounds about right! Around 0.0025$ at current prices. I'd like to see QBC around 0.1$ minimum at launch. That means an IPO close to 50 BTC and would result in a market cap around 2 250 000 $ when trading starts (including the value of the premine). That would give us a good boost in visibility and lots of people mining the coin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
We just got the biggest investment yet - 0.4985 BTC. I'm very happy about it but I would ask anyone investing to consider posting publicly in this thread instead of e-mailing or pm-ing me.

There was a huge whale who invested 20 BTC anonymously at the beginning of the Heavycoin IPO and a lot of people were turned off initially until he revealed himself. If you want your investment to turn into a success, making it public and letting people know you support QBC is the best way to do it.

I'll be updating the IPO page with the new amounts! We've passed the 1 BTC mark and I think things should pick up soon as Québecoin gains in value.

This means each QBC is at 559 Satoshi minimum now and climbing further. I'll mine some too at launch with EC2 or simply up my investment, depending on how much the IPO ends up with.
Here's the updated IPO distribution. A single person now owns 42.458% of the IPO coins, a huge stake. Ideally this will be better distributed towards the end.

There's been a bounty added for 750 QBC for active promotion of Québecoin during the PRE-ANN period. If you have an active twitter account or are known in the community, I'd suggest reading through the website at www.qbc.io and the pre-announcement post, if you like what you see throughout the thread then you can come in contact with me and tell me you're going for the bounty.

Summary once again : Québecoin - QBC - X11 and DarkGravityWave nation coin for Québec. Don't compare us to maza/aphrodite/spain/greece and the rest of the coins who give the entire community a bad name - we're a completely different breed.

Yes. The Nation coins have been different beasts.

Look at Aurora. I laughed at that coin and look where it went. AUR was surrounded by FUD. I still don't know who the dev is and where it was produced for sure.

Maplecoin is not an "official" Canadian coin. It is another pump&dumper produced by the same no name crew who produced Mazacoin and gawd only knows about the others. Boxxa, anonpirate, anonymouspirate are nic names associated with these coins.

Aprodite coin dumped a bunch of its premine yesterday. Poloniex exchange warned its customers of such.

Canada Ecoin webpage looked like it was banged out as a last minute thought.

Yep. Quebecoin is looking pretty good to me right now.

Woah WTF aphroditecoin. That is disgusting. I have NO intention of EVER selling any premine that isn't the IPO. I have absolutely no problem putting the premined coins (apart from the IPO and Bounty coins) in the hands of a trusted third party. The fact is that the bounty part of the premine will serve as a promotional giveaway tool in the beginning and since QBC has a delayed airdrop to let value rise, I won't even need to touch the premine for a long time. Open to all suggestions from the community on this matter.

Aurora still has a bit of mystery behind it but generally looking good.

Québecoin is definitely looking good, pretty sunny day today too, feeling great!
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
Yes. The Nation coins have been different beasts.

Look at Aurora. I laughed at that coin and look where it went. AUR was surrounded by FUD. I still don't know who the dev is and where it was produced for sure.

Maplecoin is not an "official" Canadian coin. It is another pump&dumper produced by the same no name crew who produced Mazacoin and gawd only knows about the others. Boxxa, anonpirate, anonymouspirate are nic names associated with these coins.

Aprodite coin dumped a bunch of its premine yesterday. Poloniex exchange warned its customers of such.

Canada Ecoin webpage looked like it was banged out as a last minute thought.

Yep. Quebecoin is looking pretty good to me right now.

[Suspicious link removed]

^Well ain't that some shit...? I type a whole text with question and comment and it turns into this crap?

Short story long;

As a crypto noob, I honestly don't feel safe enough to risk a whole lot into this right now... Like someone else said, this sounds more like I'm investing in you - someone that I don't know on the internet.

I'm willing to participate and scale up as we(the coin/community) build this trust.

Can I still send 0.10BTC to share the early 210K QBC? I'm not sure I even undertand what this is about.

You can send any amount you want - You'll get a share of QBC proportional to the amount you put in. Right now 0.1 BTC will get you a nice share of QBC. If someone comes in with 1 BTC or something after that, he'll own more than half of the 210k. As far as putting your trust in me, a part of that of is true as far as promotion and development goes but like I told someone else before, you can arrange an escrow if it makes you feel better with your investment. Otherwise as you said, trust will slowly build and people will feel better about investing.

Right now we're still at the stage where each coin is getting more valuable by adding investment, there will be a point where that slowly changes and additional investment lowers value for everyone but I think that won't happen until 100 BTC at least. At 125 BTC for example the price for each QBC would be around 0.26$ (at current BTC prices) and investors won't sell below that which means that a solid floor will be put at that price range and miners will want more than that amount as well.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
[Suspicious link removed]

^Well ain't that some shit...? I type a whole text with question and comment and it turns into this crap?

Short story long;

As a crypto noob, I honestly don't feel safe enough to risk a whole lot into this right now... Like someone else said, this sounds more like I'm investing in you - someone that I don't know on the internet.

I'm willing to participate and scale up as we(the coin/community) build this trust.

Can I still send 0.10BTC to share the early 210K QBC? I'm not sure I even undertand what this is about.
There is already a Canada coin so why do we need a Qu......nevermind.   Screw it nobody in Canada likes Quebec anyway so let them have a scam coin with 50% premine and a 10 year hold on it.....LOL they deserve this.
Maybe they Qubecer (French region) want freedom.

Hey xlcus, yeah some Québecers want complete freedom (forming a country) but a majority are ok with staying inside Canada as long as we are recognized as our own entity. Which we are, we are recognized as our own Nation within Canada officially. The poster you quoted was a bit negative, I didn't see too many people insulting the nation of other coins. Having a Québecoin is a national pride thing and also a really cool tool for transactions of course. Miners all over the world don't have to care about Québec, they can profit by mining a great X11 coin which is designed to be valuable.
J'ai eu la même idée ya pas deux semaine (Quebecoin). J'suis resté bête en sale quand j'suis tombé sur la page du coin ahaha.

Trop tard pour me faire un place dans le early top 5? Sad

---------------------Translation for english speakers---------------------

I had the same idea not even two weeks ago (Quebecoin). I was dumbfounded when I stumbled on the page of the coin ahaha.

Is it too late to make me some room in the early top 5? Sad

----------------------End translation------------------------------------

Quelques personnes m'ont contacté pour me dire ça aussi! L'idée était dans les airs on dirait. Les 5 premières cannes sont prises déjà! Il y a 6 investisseurs dont un à déjà donné sa canne au prochain. Maintenant j'en donne une avec chaque investissement de 1 BTC ou plus!

-------------------Translation of my french response-----------------------

A few people already contacted me to tell me the same thing! The idea was in the air it seems. The first 5 cans of maple syrup are already taken! There are 6 investors and one of them already gave his can to the next one in line. Now I'm giving away a can with every investment of 1 BTC or more.

-------------------End translation--------------------------------
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
There is already a Canada coin so why do we need a Qu......nevermind.   Screw it nobody in Canada likes Quebec anyway so let them have a scam coin with 50% premine and a 10 year hold on it.....LOL they deserve this.
Maybe they Qubecer (French region) want freedom.
I'd rather not trade on an exchange where the owner has broken english and is adding coins without notice. Seems like a good way to lose your money so I have to say good job on that response and the mining distribution also seems well thought out.

Thanks! Yeah getting on tons of exchanges is not very useful right away anyways. I believe most people think getting on as many exchanges as possible is good for the coin. Then you got a few graveyards with spread out demand. We're gonna build demand first and have one great exchange to start with. The X11 miners will start trading pretty soon but won't be able to dump big quantities of QBC on the market either. Distribution will definitely be fair.

There are a few QBC bounties left for blog posts and articles and the biggest one is an android wallet after launch. I'll be putting up some more today that people can claim.

Québecoin (After 3 Days)

Current IPO status : 6 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 0.67561405
 BTC

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

For all miners and investors - QBC will not be devalued artificially because of a fast production rate or quick airdrop. QBC generates about half of something like Vertcoin which means each coin will be retain value better and be worth more. We have a delayed distribution/airdrop with release in small giveaways as promotional tools initially and natural adoption by the people of Québec at the beginning.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
J'ai eu la même idée ya pas deux semaine (Quebecoin). J'suis resté bête en sale quand j'suis tombé sur la page du coin ahaha.

Trop tard pour me faire un place dans le early top 5? Sad
Activity: 532
I'd rather not trade on an exchange where the owner has broken english and is adding coins without notice. Seems like a good way to lose your money so I have to say good job on that response and the mining distribution also seems well thought out.
I was just contacted by someone at CCTrade, a brand new exchange. I was following along in the SiliconValleyCoin thread today and saw that they added XSV without talking to the developers. This is my response.

I hope everyone can agree that that's the right decision. We have BITTREX after launch and they have already proven themselves plenty. Regulars in the game like Mintpal are no problem of course.

Je reste  optimiste Smiley
j'adore la crypto
J'adore le Québec
J'adore l'idée du Québecoin

Definitely. I can't wait for the mining to start, that's gonna be really exciting to see. Production rate for Québecoin is great and I have put some thought into making it sustainable and the coins very valuable. There are 14976 QBC generated every day compared to Vertcoins 28 800 and another not well thought out nation coin - Spain Coin , with a cap of coins just slightly higher than QBC at 50 Million, produce 72 000 SPA / day. There's no way the value can be sustained.

Look at this comparison graph of productions. Green is VTC - Yellow is SPA and Blue is QBC

QBC will be able to retain and gain value way better than something like SPA which is overproduced and distributed way too quickly with an airdrop.

I think we'll have a really smooth launch and X11 means miners will be happy to produce some QBC
RCS
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Je reste  optimiste Smiley
j'adore la crypto
J'adore le Québec
J'adore l'idée du Québecoin

Looks kind of cheap.

Air drop every 2 years ? Seriously ?

I live in Quebec city and i wont mine this shit coin for a single minute.

How about instead you mine some and be an early adopter? You'll be amongst the people creating the initial value. Creating an alternative to the currency in place isn't done overnight and causing a drop in value for everyone by giving out a ton of coins right after release isn't the way to go about it either. There will still be giveaways in the beginning but on a smaller scale. After the early adopters get in and a lot of people know about it, you can distribute a bunch of them to those who haven't tried it out yet in the first airdrop. That way 2 or 4 years from now you'll hopefully be able to walk into a couche-tard, grab some beer, get your cellphone out and pay with QBC.

i'm canadian and even with that bias i think that this coin is utter shit.

You posted this in the maplecoin thread and you were absolutely right. In here you are wrong, take a good look at QBC, it's got some of the best technical specs available right now, I made it so Québecers have the best cryptocurrency possible and I'll be updating it whenever possible to stay cutting edge. That's made with you and all other Québecers in mind. C'est fait pour toi et tout le monde que tu connais.
Activity: 812
Air drop every 2 years ? Seriously ?

I live in Quebec city and i wont mine this shit coin for a single minute.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Jump to: