Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 98. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
With that last investment we've passed the 3 BTC line, 8 days left on the IPO and the distribution is still pretty even! You can see the updated IPO table on www.qbc.io/ipo.

Let's take for example the smallest investment - 0.1 BTC. Currently it gives 6881 QBC. Now if we take an example miners can relate to, let's say the network hash for QBC reaches 3 Ghash (3000 mhash) and you are mining with 15Mhash/s on a few GPUs. That means that you would get 0.5% of the daily production. The daily production for Québecoin is approx 14976 QBC which means you are getting 74.88 QBC per day on a respectable mining rig. I think it's safe to say 15 mhash is above the average mining rig if we exclude mega gpu farms?

So you're getting 74.88 QBC per day with your 15 Mhash/s on a network with 3Ghash/s. And some investor got 6881 QBC for 0.1 BTC - That's 90 days of mining and only if the network hash rate doesn't shoot up more. That's why investment in this IPO is still a great deal both for investors and for me because I'll be able to work on it fulltime from now on. Realistically 0.1 BTC should give maybe from 210 to 420 QBC (Between 50 and 100 BTC IPO for this example) which at an intended short term target price of 0.002 BTC means you get 0.42 to 0.84 BTC from that initial 0.1. There's a lot of value to be had for everyone with a coin that's well designed with everyone from investors to miners to Québecers in mind.

Yeah right now it's definitely overkill and creating a few whales (like me Tongue). I don't mind that I get less if they're worth more, the IPO still has room for lots of people.

Yes as outlined in the quote above there's massive potential.

----------------------

On another note, apparently people are really trying to profit from translation bounties without putting in any effort. Every translation that was posted had a comment by a native speaker saying that's it's google translate. I'll have to cancel all translation bounties if it ends up being true. I'll stick to english and french since at least I master those two languages and can really translate the intended meaning of each phrase perfectly. Pretty disappointed that people are trying to scam their way into QBC like this! Real work deserves real rewards.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
With that last investment we've passed the 3 BTC line, 8 days left on the IPO and the distribution is still pretty even! You can see the updated IPO table on www.qbc.io/ipo.

Let's take for example the smallest investment - 0.1 BTC. Currently it gives 6881 QBC. Now if we take an example miners can relate to, let's say the network hash for QBC reaches 3 Ghash (3000 mhash) and you are mining with 15Mhash/s on a few GPUs. That means that you would get 0.5% of the daily production. The daily production for Québecoin is approx 14976 QBC which means you are getting 74.88 QBC per day on a respectable mining rig. I think it's safe to say 15 mhash is above the average mining rig if we exclude mega gpu farms?

So you're getting 74.88 QBC per day with your 15 Mhash/s on a network with 3Ghash/s. And some investor got 6881 QBC for 0.1 BTC - That's 90 days of mining and only if the network hash rate doesn't shoot up more. That's why investment in this IPO is still a great deal both for investors and for me because I'll be able to work on it fulltime from now on. Realistically 0.1 BTC should give maybe from 210 to 420 QBC (Between 50 and 100 BTC IPO for this example) which at an intended short term target price of 0.002 BTC means you get 0.42 to 0.84 BTC from that initial 0.1. There's a lot of value to be had for everyone with a coin that's well designed with everyone from investors to miners to Québecers in mind.

Yeah right now it's definitely overkill and creating a few whales (like me Tongue). I don't mind that I get less if they're worth more, the IPO still has room for lots of people.

The following is a snap from KimoCoin announcement
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annscryptadaptive-kmc-kimocoin-kimotocoin-5-exchanges-524216.

We can adopt a similar reward system to mitigate instant mining problem. You do not need password to protect the wallet.

Block Reward:

First 500 Blocks: 0.002 KimoCoin (to avoid instamine);
From Block 501 to 1500: 100 KimoCoin;
From Block 1501 to 2999: 200 KimoCoin;
From block 3000 to 5000: 500 KimoCoin
From Block 5001 to 10000: 1000 KimoCoin
From 10001 to 20k: 2500 KimoCoin
From 20001 to 100k: BLOCK REWARD WILL BE SAME AS BLOCK HEIGHT FROM BLOCK 20001!  Smiley
From 100'001 to 150k: BLOCK REWARD WILL DECREASE BY 10K EVERY 10K OF NEW BLOCKS SOLVED(this means that after block 150k block reward will start from 50k
From block 150'001: EACH BLOCK REWARD WILL DECREASE UNTIL A BLOCK PAYOUT OF 5K WILL BE REACHED

Of course you need to password protect the wallet. If you don't and release it early people will just starting mining before the official launch, even if there's very little block reward it still messes with the timing. If you release the wallets at the time of launch then it's still not as fair for everyone and gives less notice before launch to everyone. There are already measures in place to make sure that the launch is fair and well distributed but I won't be doing something as elaborate as "Kimocoin".

I'll tweak the initial block reward parameters with some more testing but I think that after everyone who is interested in mining gets a fair chance to set up their gear, it's fair enough. I can't wait for QBC to become a big success and then reward those who only take notice at that point in time with better block rewards than the early miners. Early miners who see the potential always deserve to get rewarded, even if it's simply by having the same block reward as others to share with less people. Otherwise you're giving people incentive to stop mining and come back later.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
The following is a snap from KimoCoin announcement
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annscryptadaptive-kmc-kimocoin-kimotocoin-5-exchanges-524216.

We can adopt a similar reward system to mitigate instant mining problem. You do not need password to protect the wallet.

Block Reward:

First 500 Blocks: 0.002 KimoCoin (to avoid instamine);
From Block 501 to 1500: 100 KimoCoin;
From Block 1501 to 2999: 200 KimoCoin;
From block 3000 to 5000: 500 KimoCoin
From Block 5001 to 10000: 1000 KimoCoin
From 10001 to 20k: 2500 KimoCoin
From 20001 to 100k: BLOCK REWARD WILL BE SAME AS BLOCK HEIGHT FROM BLOCK 20001!  Smiley
From 100'001 to 150k: BLOCK REWARD WILL DECREASE BY 10K EVERY 10K OF NEW BLOCKS SOLVED(this means that after block 150k block reward will start from 50k
From block 150'001: EACH BLOCK REWARD WILL DECREASE UNTIL A BLOCK PAYOUT OF 5K WILL BE REACHED
Very valid point JP, I think a bunch of investor types wait till the last minute to try and snipe like an auction. It wouldn't be the first time i've seen that haha.

I'm sure there will be, at least we don't have a huge whale right away scaring people off but there's still plenty of room to reach a good price.

Darkcoin is discussing airdrop at the moment to mitigate the effect of instant mining.

In order to reduce the instant mining, I would suggest proportional block reward according to difficulty in the first few, say 5000 blocks. For example, set the starting difficulty to be 0.01, but the block reward is 1, when the difficulty is increased to 1, the reward is 10. The relationship between block reward and difficulty does not have to be linear.

This will give time to the miners and pools to set up their wallets and mining software so that they are not much disadvantaged by coming to the mining just a little bit late.

I'll have to go through the Darkcoin thread but I'm not sure early miners want to just give away tons of coins. The difference is that Darkcoin started out with a 500 DRK block reward and difficulty readjustment every few hundred blocks which was too slow. There was a slight bug in the code additionally which fixed block reward at 500 coins for a certain time. It was fixed quickly but that's what resulted in the controversy surrounding the instamining. Darkcoin adapts constantly though thanks to very active development by Evan.

As for QBC, we are starting with DGW and there are 72 blocks (approx 3 hours, which I might readjust before launch, I'm doing some testing) without block reward to let the difficulty adjust properly and miners set up their gear, as I've mentioned before. Plus everyone will have the password protected zip file beforehand.

Instamining is a problem with coins which have slow difficulty readjustments mostly, since you can point a ton of power towards the coin, rape it for tons of blocks in a shorter time than intended and leave it at a higher difficulty for everyone who then have to wait a long time before the next adjustment. So we're safe from getting "insta-raped" with no lube. Proper lubrification is provided by DGW.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Darkcoin is discussing airdrop at the moment to mitigate the effect of instant mining.

In order to reduce the instant mining, I would suggest proportional block reward according to difficulty in the first few, say 5000 blocks. For example, set the starting difficulty to be 0.01, but the block reward is 1, when the difficulty is increased to 1, the reward is 10. The relationship between block reward and difficulty does not have to be linear.

This will give time to the miners and pools to set up their wallets and mining software so that they are not much disadvantaged by coming to the mining just a little bit late.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Very valid point JP, I think a bunch of investor types wait till the last minute to try and snipe like an auction. It wouldn't be the first time i've seen that haha.
I just have sent some funds from lovely Toronto to support our good neighbors in Quebec. Some personal reasons behind it:
- The coin specs and the developer look rock solid. High quality staff and stuff, IMHO.
- I love X11, I'm mining Hirocoin and looking to invest into another X11 coin. I will certainly mine Quebecoin when it starts.
- As a Canadian I like any opportunity to support a Canadian product.
- I love Quebec. Every Christmas we ski in Mont Tremblant. Looking forward to spend some QBC there next time!

Good luck with IPO and Quebecoin promotion, JP!

Thanks for coming forward, I was typing my last post mentioning an anonymous investor and you came forward while I was typing!

Just a thought - wouldn't QCC be better that QBC Smiley?

You're gonna have to explain your thought process on that one!

QBC works in multiple ways. It's the shortened form of the word when removing all vowels - Q(ué)B(e)C , it keeps up with the syllables as well : Que-Be-Coin (for those who can't pronounce Quebec - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6C0Pw2-HFI).

Where does the first "c" in QCC come from?

Quebec province abbreviation - QC! Plus coin -> QCC.

I just have sent some funds from lovely Toronto to support our good neighbors in Quebec. Some personal reasons behind it:
- The coin specs and the developer look rock solid. High quality staff and stuff, IMHO.
- I love X11, I'm mining Hirocoin and looking to invest into another X11 coin. I will certainly mine Quebecoin when it starts.
- I love Quebec. Every Christmas we ski in Mont Tremblant. Looking forward to spend some QBC there next time!

Thanks for coming forward, I was typing my last post mentioning an anonymous investor and you came forward while I was typing!

You're gonna have to explain your thought process on that one!

QBC works in multiple ways. It's the shortened form of the word when removing all vowels - Q(ué)B(e)C , it keeps up with the syllables as well : Que-Be-Coin (for those who can't pronounce Quebec - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6C0Pw2-HFI).

Where does the first "c" in QCC come from?
I've gotten another PM on here from a member registered since early 2013 with a 0.4 BTC endorsement. As usual I've encouraged coming forward in this thread, it's the best way to start building a community and a sense of trust that people have lost in the general crypto community. (edit: while I was typing this, he came forward in the thread so thanks a lot realrover!)

I've noticed that we've gone from a rougher start and a few negative posts to a state of curiosity and neutrality. The momentum has shifted towards acceptance, and indifference instead of hate. We need to keep pushing it towards a positive buzz and create excitement about the possibilities of the first nation coin with an actual plan. QBC is a league above other nation coins in both features and planning for the future. Creating a real nation coin simply can't be done within months as other coins are claiming and pretending to do. They're setting themselves up to fail and the devs will be jumping ship soon enough.

QBC is different in almost every aspect. The tech specs are top notch, the mining distribution is really great and mining will be really smooth and enjoyable this summer with X11 and DGW. Each QBC is designed to be valuable and stay that way. The IPO is still far away from the intended starting price when trading begins. Somewhere between 0.00025 and 0.00045 BTC per QBC is a good starting price target based on a well funded IPO floor price and 0.002 BTC/QBC should be attainable within the short therm after that.

After 90 days of mining there will be approx 1.55 Million QBC in circulation (1.35 Million mined + 210 000 IPO coins). In the same timeframe Vertcoin will have generated an additional 2.59 million coins and Spaincoin for example is 6.48 million. Now as I've said before Vertcoin is a quality coin with a fair distribution but it still has to generate a lot of new investment daily to keep up the price and Spaincoin was simply doomed from the beginning unfortunately and run out of hype quickly. 1.35 Million QBC distributed fairly amongst miners in the first 90 days means that you can expect a more stable price and avoid dumping from whales, which there won't be many of.

People are going crazy about "Zetacoin" right now, while most of the coins have already been mined (it was released mid 2013 if i remember correctly and then revamped not too long ago as far as design goes). There are a few big whales with millions of coins waiting to dump.

I've updated the IPO table on www.qbc.io/IPO with the latest amounts. We've still got a ton of room for growth and people joining in. Read through the thread and all the responses to get a feel for QBC and why it's going to give nation-coins a good name.
I've gotten an e-mail from a group of people here in Québec interested in supporting QBC in various ways. One way they proposed was a QBC multipool similar to blackcoin. Of course the multipool concept works best for POS coins but if it can be created in a specific way, it may still allow good network security for POW coins. The problem is that the multipool can end up giving better results for getting QBC than regular mining at a certain point, miners may abandon mining the real coin in favor of the easiest altcoin chosen by the multipool. This means that the security of the network decreases as hashing power is reduced. One possible way to make it work could be that the multipool also mines the coin it is designed for when network hashrate falls beyond a certain threshold, without actually selling it. It's a difficult balance to obtain but could prove to be a way of stabilizing the value of the coin long term.

JP this could be very doable, here's why: In 2 months time the amount of GPU asic resistant coins will be much more prevalent. I'm already seeing the trend kick in as we speak (High5coin, of course Darkcoin, Hirocoin etc.) This multipool could be literally an x11/hefty-1 pool as more devs switch to this algorithm type. It's just an idea, but mark my words, not everyone is happy about asics, myself included. The number of resistant algo's we will see by the summer could actually make this multipool offer viable.

I think it's definitely something to keep on the horizon, I thought the blackcoin multipool was genius when I first saw it, there's probably a way to adapt it for POW.

X11+DGW?
Perfection, my miners are waiting eagerly for launch. Cheesy

Great to hear it! I'm really excited about the mining launch!

Oh! I am ready for that launch!

I'll do my best to get involved as much as possible in this coin, JP I'll contact you tomorrow by email.

I also think every post in this thread should have the appropriate English translation. (Even before the french text). You want to make sure you don't scare away potential investors/miners. Last thing you want is for the only few of us that speaks french to be left out with this coin lol; would you invest/mine a new German coin in a half-translated thread? Wink

Oh yeah I've definitely started doing that since someone made a comment about it, there will be no untranslated comment here. There's a germanycoin but I don't think the devs are even german? So they won't even face that problem  Tongue
Activity: 210
Oh! I am ready for that launch!

I'll do my best to get involved as much as possible in this coin, JP I'll contact you tomorrow by email.

I also think every post in this thread should have the appropriate English translation. (Even before the french text). You want to make sure you don't scare away potential investors/miners. Last thing you want is for the only few of us that speaks french to be left out with this coin lol; would you invest/mine a new German coin in a half-translated thread? Wink

Activity: 140
Bored
X11+DGW?
Perfection, my miners are waiting eagerly for launch. Cheesy
I've gotten an e-mail from a group of people here in Québec interested in supporting QBC in various ways. One way they proposed was a QBC multipool similar to blackcoin. Of course the multipool concept works best for POS coins but if it can be created in a specific way, it may still allow good network security for POW coins. The problem is that the multipool can end up giving better results for getting QBC than regular mining at a certain point, miners may abandon mining the real coin in favor of the easiest altcoin chosen by the multipool. This means that the security of the network decreases as hashing power is reduced. One possible way to make it work could be that the multipool also mines the coin it is designed for when network hashrate falls beyond a certain threshold, without actually selling it. It's a difficult balance to obtain but could prove to be a way of stabilizing the value of the coin long term.

JP this could be very doable, here's why: In 2 months time the amount of GPU asic resistant coins will be much more prevalent. I'm already seeing the trend kick in as we speak (High5coin, of course Darkcoin, Hirocoin etc.) This multipool could be literally an x11/hefty-1 pool as more devs switch to this algorithm type. It's just an idea, but mark my words, not everyone is happy about asics, myself included. The number of resistant algo's we will see by the summer could actually make this multipool offer viable.
I don't think it matters right now how the airdrop is done anyway. For the moment you've gotta concentrate on a successful launch for miners.

That's definitely the first step right now after launch.

Made me grin for real haha

this country coin seems a little different from others.

Thanks for reading through and taking the time to notice that!

The reason for the gradual release of the mined coins to you for distribution is that we do not trust a person. The security and integrity of the coin depends on the implementation of a proper system.

I'm open to every suggestion to assure integrity and security and we've already started moving in the right directoin.

Thanks a lot that's great! The poker community in Québec is very active (we've got some great players) and they are a great bunch for Québecoin. With all the sidebets they do, QBC could be a good to get paid for winning.

Ok, a few hours between posts! I think the lack of sleep has finally caught up with me plus I was a wee bit hung over. One of the people who invested by contacting me by e-mail has added some more to his initial investment and I'll be updating the IPO page in just a few minutes! Here's the summary so far!

Québecoin (After 5 Days)

Current IPO status : 9 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 2.65204626
 BTC

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

For all miners and investors - QBC will not be devalued artificially because of a fast production rate or quick airdrop. QBC generates about half of something like Vertcoin which means each coin will be retain value better and be worth more. We have a delayed distribution/airdrop with release in small giveaways as promotional tools initially and natural adoption by the people of Québec at the beginning. The market won't be diluted by premine coins

Pages:
Jump to: