Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 108. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hmm.. Quebec nationalism I suppose could be considered a somewhat valid reason for the coin, when I think more about it. I expect many may disagree (and many Canadians), but it does make some sense to a certain degree. I don't mean to say I think it's a great reason, just that it could be perceived as a reason.

The greece coin thing is a bit weird, as based on forum posts here, one team (Hellas coin) claims the Greece coin devs stole the idea. And they stated the Greek coin devs are AP/Boxxa, the ones who made maza and maple coin. So they do seem to be simply milking the idea of nation coins for all they are worth. Strangely Maza may have the best reason for having their own crypto, but Payu seems to be in over his head, and the devs he signed up are hardly professional.

Anyway, expect a lot of scam accusations due to the IPO thing. Even if on the level, it may hurt the coin in the longrun. It's hard enough for devs to even get the crowd to accept the 50% premine  without yelling scam.

The validity of the claim all depends on the perspective. Some Canadians may disagree but inside Québec I think everyone will love it and be anxious to try it out.

Those greececoin/maplecoin devs are a cancer to the idea of nation coins. They are in it for maximum short term gain and it's really disgusting to see. Apparently the maza pumpers were congratulating themselves after dumping on hopeful buyers at 15 000 satoshi after having bought at 500 or lower.

I do expect big red SCAM accusations and they'll always be there but hopefully in the longer term and once people start mining and investors receiving their QBC, that attitude will calm down a bit. I'll let people judge for themselves and the only thing I can hope for is that they see the potential.

I really appreciate the comments poornamelessme, responding to feedback and adapting is the way to go.

10 years?? Bitcoin itself hasn't been around for 10 years and you think this coin will?

MOVING ON.

It's not 10 years anymore. I went for the second solution, a distribution every halving (2 years x 5 halvings) and giveaways as promotional tools during the first and second year, If you're not in Québec, the long term is of no interest to you anyway and in the short term QBC will be very profitable for miners and investors. Spaincoin for example has a way faster mining rate than we do at 100 coins per block every 2 minutes and a max of 50 million blocks. We're at 26 coins per block every 2.5 minutes and a max of 42 million. Even after they're massive pump and subsequent dump they're trading at 11 000 satoshi at their lowest point. That's their low point with a bigger production rate and more coins. Right now QBC has a single IPO invester which puts it at only 5 satoshi. It's not going to stay there of course but with the mining rate set up the way it is, I think miners and investors from outside Québec are in for a great ride.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Hmm.. Quebec nationalism I suppose could be considered a somewhat valid reason for the coin, when I think more about it. I expect many may disagree (and many Canadians), but it does make some sense to a certain degree. I don't mean to say I think it's a great reason, just that it could be perceived as a reason.

The greece coin thing is a bit weird, as based on forum posts here, one team (Hellas coin) claims the Greece coin devs stole the idea. And they stated the Greek coin devs are AP/Boxxa, the ones who made maza and maple coin. So they do seem to be simply milking the idea of nation coins for all they are worth. Strangely Maza may have the best reason for having their own crypto, but Payu seems to be in over his head, and the devs he signed up are hardly professional.

Anyway, expect a lot of scam accusations due to the IPO thing. Even if on the level, it may hurt the coin in the longrun. It's hard enough for devs to even get the crowd to accept the 50% premine  without yelling scam.

Activity: 966
Merit: 546
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
Sure, let me send all my hardearned BTC your way...

Ah you ninja-edited your comment. When I saw that the first comment said "great" - I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic! I guess even a preemptive 69.5BTC strike doesn't work.

10 years before distribution is way, way too long, although your maple syrup prices are somewhat reasonable.

Well it's basically free maple syrup, you get the QBC too. Can't argue with free.

Overlooking the IPO, which in my opinion is a pretty horrible idea, something else I found peculiar --

We will wait until the end of the mining period in approximately 10 years to give each Québecer his share of QBC.

Umm... 10 years? Is that a typo? Did you mean 1 year?

Slow distribution does make some sense, but 10 years is insane.

I did mean 10 years, the end of the mining period is a major event. Although nothing is set in stone, especially that part. If Québecers adopt and love the concept like I expect them to do, we can easily change the distribution period. My second idea was doing the distribution in 5 parts - Once every 2 years coinciding with the block reward halving.

10 years?? Bitcoin itself hasn't been around for 10 years and you think this coin will?

MOVING ON.
I hope you take this as constructive criticism --

First off, why does Quebec need its own crypto?

One can argue that the majority of nation coins don't need their own crypto, but at least they can come up with some semi-valid reasons. Maza ... govt. interference with bitcoin ... Aurora... the same ... that Dutch coin can play the sentimentality card. Even Greece coin can pretend they are helping those in poverty (which they really aren't, but it's an angle to play). I don't get why Quebec needs or would benefit from its own crypto, to be honest.

Now, if you said you had a dozen merchants willing to accept the coin, and more lined up. And some sort govt. approval, or some official body supporting the coin, then I'd say the coin at least could serve a purpose. Not that it's really needed still, but there would be a point to the coin.

X11 + Dark gravity wave are nice additions, but why wouldn't people just invest with the dev who created them to begin with (Dark Coin)? I'm a supporter of that coin, and most of my miniscule coin portfolio is in Dark Coin, but I am not sure what benefit your coin would have over it. I mean, if you promote those features, wouldn't people just be better off buying the coin from the dev who created those features?

A lot of new coins don't serve much of a purpose, nor have merchants lined up, or have benefits right away over any other coin -- so it's not like it's mandatory to announce those things right away. But most new coins don't do the IPO thing either, and besides nation coins, don't have a 50% premine.

You need to give people a valid reason for the coin existing, info on how it will be used, and then get the coin into the hands of those who will use it locally. I think your timetable is off (as mentioned earlier) and really don't think the IPO idea will be worth it, but that is of course up to you.

I will definitely take it as constructive criticism, you've been quite respectful since your first post.

I think apart from Auroracoin, our claim is more legit than all the other nation coins. Like you said, coins like Greececoin really aren't helping anyone, they saw the success of Auroracoin and are pretending and playing the angle like you said.

When it comes to Québec, could we have went along just fine not being officialy recognized as a nation by Canada? Sure, day to day life could be pretty much the same but in reality we took a step forward instead. We're united as a people by a lot of things and I think having our own currency is the next step in reaffirming the fact that we're our own nation. I don't have a dozen of merchants lined up, we're on day 1 and you can't expect that. What you can expect and even if you don't care the slightest about Québec, is that QBC will still be a great coin to mine come April 15th. I'll be developing and marketing it full time and merchants will definitely add it.

Take a look at this for an example of the kind of reactions you can expect with Québecoin from Québecers.

This is an online mining store from Québec (We're not affiliated with them in any way right now). The first tweet is in english so you can read that this store thinks that's it's going to be a huge deal , then I tweeted at telling them I hope to see QBC on there and their response was 'Of course we will accept QBC'.

That's just the way it is in Québec, people get excited and they join in! This is day 1, we already have a merchant saying they'll take QBC. Imagine what can be done within a month or a year. Especially with someone working full time on it.

As far as Darkcoin goes, it's one of the best coins out there, no doubt about it. They have a formula with diminishing block reward as mining power increases which will help keep DRK valuable but it is very hard to mine indeed and currently undervalued in my opinion. In the meantime you can mine the next best thing, QBC and then sell it if you want and buy some more DRK.

The last thing you mentioned is the timeframe and the same way Darkcoin has been flexible, Québecoin will be flexible as well. Nothing is set in stone and when opportunities arise, we'll make sure to take advantage of them.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
I hope you take this as constructive criticism --

First off, why does Quebec need its own crypto?

One can argue that the majority of nation coins don't need their own crypto, but at least they can come up with some semi-valid reasons. Maza ... govt. interference with bitcoin ... Aurora... the same ... that Dutch coin can play the sentimentality card. Even Greece coin can pretend they are helping those in poverty (which they really aren't, but it's an angle to play). I don't get why Quebec needs or would benefit from its own crypto, to be honest.

Now, if you said you had a dozen merchants willing to accept the coin, and more lined up. And some sort govt. approval, or some official body supporting the coin, then I'd say the coin at least could serve a purpose. Not that it's really needed still, but there would be a point to the coin.

X11 + Dark gravity wave are nice additions, but why wouldn't people just invest with the dev who created them to begin with (Dark Coin)? I'm a supporter of that coin, and most of my miniscule coin portfolio is in Dark Coin, but I am not sure what benefit your coin would have over it. I mean, if you promote those features, wouldn't people just be better off buying the coin from the dev who created those features?

A lot of new coins don't serve much of a purpose, nor have merchants lined up, or have benefits right away over any other coin -- so it's not like it's mandatory to announce those things right away. But most new coins don't do the IPO thing either, and besides nation coins, don't have a 50% premine.

You need to give people a valid reason for the coin existing, info on how it will be used, and then get the coin into the hands of those who will use it locally. I think your timetable is off (as mentioned earlier) and really don't think the IPO idea will be worth it, but that is of course up to you.

I also think you should drop the IPO. It probably will cause more problems than it's worth. IPO pretty much spells scam to most people here, and then you include nation coin + premine... let's just say you'd do better without the IPO. Or at most, sell that maple syrup at close to cost, along with coins.

I concur

The IPO is here to stay, I wouldn't have wanted to start QBC without it because if I create it and then just let it rot or do it part time, I can't expect great results. No one if forcing you to to invest any money that's for sure. If you want a quality coin with great specs and a dedicated developer, you can invest in the IPO, get some QBC and start trading it on April 15th. Once it gets on Bittrex/Mintpal etc. I'll be really happy for everyone who has their share. Right now there's 1 investment of 0.1198 BTC and he owns all 210 000 QBC for the IPO. That's around 5 satoshi. at 1 BTC we'll be at 476 Satoshi/QBC , at 10 BTC we'll be at 4760 satoshi/QBC , from there on out there's a potential for massive growth. Miners will definitely come to Québecoin for the X11 and DarkGravityWave will make sure it's not easy to dump the coins either because everyone will get a fair share. I think it's gonna get interesting on the markets.
aws
Activity: 219
Merit: 100

I also think you should drop the IPO. It probably will cause more problems than it's worth. IPO pretty much spells scam to most people here, and then you include nation coin + premine... let's just say you'd do better without the IPO. Or at most, sell that maple syrup at close to cost, along with coins.

I concur
Activity: 210
Souns like yet another IPO Scam

At least I posted the 69.5 BTC GIF myself - take that! Took the bullet right out of your gun.

Stackcoin scammers also posted the GIF by himself.
The difference is you posted it before you get the coins.
That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.

Of course he posted it himself, that's where it comes from! He was the first guy to post it ever. I'm just trying to say I know how an IPO looks at first glance, but then you take a look at the good ones like Heavycoin. They got a ton of support and are now able to work on HVC as their main project, I think that's amazing.

Yup you also got an amazing scam going on Cheesy

At least I posted the 69.5 BTC GIF myself - take that! Took the bullet right out of your gun.

That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.

Of course he posted it himself, that's where it comes from! He was the first guy to post it ever. I'm just trying to say I know how an IPO looks at first glance, but then you take a look at the good ones like Heavycoin. They got a ton of support and are now able to work on HVC as their main project, I think that's amazing.
Activity: 69

That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.
I'm in. This is not an endorsement  Roll Eyes

It is  Grin The admission of being in is.  Cheesy

I didn't know how to take it, confusing post ! But I guess MsCollec will be mining X11 QBC on release.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

It is  Grin The admission of being in is.  Cheesy

Activity: 210
I'm very happy to announce the first investor in Québecoin for a total 0.1198 BTC - This was received by e-mail so I won't post any username or e-mail adress.

It has been posted on the Québecoin IPO page

https://blockchain.info/tx/e25e17d02621b7ab0e6844f9c5d17497cf8cc673f2e58bb23e96f3be6b0df2c9

There is a now single owner of 210 000 QBC , wow! Smiley

Plus since he is one of the first 5 people to invest over 0.1 BTC he'll be receiving a can of Québec maple syrup shipped to him anywhere in the world if he wants it! Very exciting!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
It's really easy to spread hate and FUD like you're doing.
Yup It really is.... just need to point out how the scam is going to unfold in a logical and probable way.

"Québec does not have (but should have) a currency" could sound like hogwash to you but it's really what I think and it actually makes a ton of sense from our perspective, even if you can't see it.
You care to elaborate on your perspective a bit there? Im all for universal principles as long as they consistent. You still haven't explained what the difference is between Quebecoin and the other country coins you mentioned, other than superficial things like algo, block time/rewards. Or let me put it this way.... If Greececoin hardforks next week and changes algo to x11 and implements DGW, would it be any different from quebecoin? Your justification that this shit is different is that you do not promise changing the nations and freedom etc but they do? So what? You would make less money if you claimed that, that's all. Doesnt chane the agenda. And who cares what your intentions are? Its your actions that matter... and your actions speak in that you have created another country coin with 50% premine, an IPO for a percentage of that and a promise to spread it to the people of Quebec in a fashion that you deem fit. Its not different. So stop pretending it is.

I will actively promote it and get people excited about it here, it's for them.
Really now? And if they ever go down the way of crypto, they would choose this and not Bitcoin because it has the word "Quebec" in it? Its going to be driven by blind patriotism? What is the incentive to adopt?

They all seem like no one in the country actually even knows they exist.
Does it make a difference if they did? Putting the word "China" in front of a product name does not make it a representation of the Chinese. Same goes with Spain and other countries I think.

I simply want there to be a Québec currency that we can use daily as another part of what makes us proud to live here.
What are you.... indoctrinated as a kid or something? How can you be proud of something you did not achieve? You cannot be "proud" of living in a geographic location any more that you can be proud of an iphone.

I mean what exactly do coins like dopecoin offer?
  • Some gambling venues with dopecoin as the currency.
  • An API for seed/accessories sellers online to enable accepting dope as currency, with a few of them already accepting them.
  • Android wallet to buy dopecoins using credit cards.
  • Promoted themselves well enough to gain media attention from Fox News, Huffington Post, and the likes
  • A long term goal of making dope the currency of exchange for the drug market.
  • To make that practical, a completely innovative coin mixing method to make a transaction almost untraceable.
  • And the best part - they have fun contests for miners where winners are offered free weed (or amazon gift cards to non smokers).

So ya.... for a coin that's like 40 days old, I think its ROCKING and what it is now is just the tip of the iceberg of its potential!!!
Jump to: