Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 109. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
don't like the IPO and the 50% premine

Quebec is a wealthy region, you can just give a few percent for people in québec to test but ... i don't see a real use

The aim of that kind of coin is to be used by people that want to show they are "Québecquois", so they will use this currency even without premine.

That's not the same as Auroracoin which is aimed at a small population with a money worth nothing.

Auroracoin is still the only "country coin" with a financial meaning.

Just release it without premine  Smiley

Release it without premine may be impossible for the dev.
The dev's purpose of coz is not to help the rich Quebecer, but help himself get rich.
How can he realise his purpose if without the heavy premine?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
don't like the IPO and the 50% premine

Quebec is a wealthy region, you can just give a few percent for people in québec to test but ... i don't see a real use

The aim of that kind of coin is to be used by people that want to show they are "Québecquois", so they will use this currency even without premine.

That's not the same as Auroracoin which is aimed at a small population with a money worth nothing.

Auroracoin is still the only "country coin" with a financial meaning.

Just release it without premine  Smiley

Activity: 64
How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.
Like other country/state coins, ONLY 50% premined.
Thanks god. We can have the other half.

That seems high does it not?

Exactly no high for country/state coins.
You don't know their purpose.
All their purposes are holy great, but more or less the same: "To help **** people!"
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 112
How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.

It's on par with other nation coins, the intended idea being that most of the coin stays inside the specific region. In actuality, only 0.55% of the total number of coins is going to be released from the premine.

One last thing - Québecoin is the best nation coin in existence on a technical level. The features are cutting edge and it will be a great coin to mine at release.

The maple syrup is really just an extra, I'm not in the maple business!

Keep in mind that the nation thing probably will work against you at this point. The market has become over-saturated and people are tired of seeing country coins.

Again, IPO + Nation coin = bad idea. At least in my opinion, anyway. As for the maple syrup, just suggested it, as... well, even if a scam, maybe people would like the maple syrup at cost.  Cheesy

Haha , I'll gladly ship some maple syrup (at cost) to a few people if they just want that, but I can't get into the international maple syrup delivery business. Other than that, it will still be the first 5 0.1BTC or more investors and every 1BTC or more investor.

Edit: I'm going to sleep a bit, I posted this thread a bit after midnight here and it's almost 4 AM now. I'll be back in the morning to open the IPO. Thanks to everyone who commented even if it was negative. Criticism is important, even if it's the cruel stab-you-in-your-heart-bitcointalk-hater kind.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.

most of which are indeed pure garbage. Québecoin isn't.

Come now.... you expect to fool anyone here saying that its not a shitcoin because its got darkwave and x11? So what? What are you bringing new to the table? You think people call a shitcoin a shitcoin because it uses scrypt and KGW? Its called a shitcoin because its diluting the market without any additional improvements to the existing infrastructure.

You would essentially have people mine for you to raise the coin's value, so you could slowly sell it off. You will have a little less than 21 million at hand, and even if you sell it at a puny 20 sats each, you get about 4.2 BTC. This is in addition to what you make with the IPO. Yes, making a shitcoin is quite a profitable venture, as long as there are fools to mine them and even greater fools cheering in the forums.

We have something great going here at the crypto world. Please (im actually requesting), please don't fuck it up by adding to the clusterfuck of coins already and pretend to do good for a nations. If you are intelligent enough to write code, then you definitely are informed enough to know that nonsense like "Quebec does not have a currency" is actually hogwash and means nothing and is the same as saying US does not have mangoes with a sad face.

It's really easy to spread hate and FUD like you're doing. I'll be the first to call a shitcoin a shitcoin if it is one. I have no intention of selling anything but the IPO part of the premine. The other part stays put for a while before being distributed. "Québec does not have (but should have) a currency" could sound like hogwash to you but it's really what I think and it actually makes a ton of sense from our perspective, even if you can't see it. I will actively promote it and get people excited about it here, it's for them. Mazacoin - Greececoin - Aphroditecoin - Spaincoin. They all seem like no one in the country actually even knows they exist. And they all have the same purpose, financial freedom for the entire country which is ridiculous on such a large scale and with only one tool. I don't even come close to promising that! I simply want there to be a Québec currency that we can use daily as another part of what makes us proud to live here.

I'm not promising eternal salvation or incredible riches for the population of Québec, just something more to call their own and facilitate transactions. Now in addition to that I'm offering X11 and DGW because I also thought about the miners of the coin. I love everything crypto and I'm clearly obsessed with it and I wanted my to creation offer the best things currently available. I mean what exactly do coins like dopecoin offer? You can call QBC a shit coin but

How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.
Sure, let me send all my hardearned BTC your way...

69.5BTC is not enough for the whole whatever-where-it-is people. The dev need more.
At least like the volume of AUR, right?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

One last thing - Québecoin is the best nation coin in existence on a technical level. The features are cutting edge and it will be a great coin to mine at release.

Keep in mind that the nation thing probably will work against you at this point. The market has become over-saturated and people are tired of seeing country coins.

Again, IPO + Nation coin = bad idea. At least in my opinion, anyway. As for the maple syrup, just suggested it, as... well, even if a scam, maybe people would like the maple syrup at cost.  Cheesy

Why do you frenchies feel the need to be separate and unique? Why can't you just assimilate into the rest of canada like everyone else?
Does every State, Province and Town really need their own coin? How is that an evolution? How is that progress? Bitcoin took two steps forward and now you are taking one step back.
Bitcoin, used in all counties, nations and towns on the planet.
Quebeccoin.... used in quebec. Must be exchanged to bitcoin if you want to spend it anywhere else.  Roll Eyes

PROGRESS!

Hey X, as we say in Québec "On est pas sorteux" which is basically "We don't go out much". So we'll spend our Québecoin here and use regular dollars or bitcoin elsewhere! I don't think that any other province needs their own coin to be honest. There's a reason we were declared a nation and it's because we're different! People in Canada like to hate on Québec but really we're mostly trying to keep our identity. QBC is a part of that. Thanks for that picture though, we have running water by the way.
Activity: 280
most of which are indeed pure garbage. Québecoin isn't.

Come now.... you expect to fool anyone here saying that its not a shitcoin because its got darkwave and x11? So what? What are you bringing new to the table? You think people call a shitcoin a shitcoin because it uses scrypt and KGW? Its called a shitcoin because its diluting the market without any additional improvements to the existing infrastructure.

You would essentially have people mine for you to raise the coin's value, so you could slowly sell it off. You will have a little less than 21 million at hand, and even if you sell it at a puny 20 sats each, you get about 4.2 BTC. This is in addition to what you make with the IPO. Yes, making a shitcoin is quite a profitable venture, as long as there are fools to mine them and even greater fools cheering in the forums.

We have something great going here at the crypto world. Please (im actually requesting), please don't fuck it up by adding to the clusterfuck of coins already and pretend to do good for a nations. If you are intelligent enough to write code, then you definitely are informed enough to know that nonsense like "Quebec does not have a currency" is actually hogwash and means nothing and is the same as saying US does not have mangoes with a sad face.
If you are serious about the coin, which I assume you are, I offer a couple of suggestions:

Space out the airdrop, but provide some coins to Quebecers relatively soon. I'd say provide some coins within a month or two, then space it out every 6 months or so (until premine is gone). Arrange for some coins to go to local merchants, so long as they agree to take the coins back as payment for merchandise (or at least some merchandise).

Personally I think you may be  bit a optimistic as far as public attention goes. Two years from now, I expect many existing cyrptos to be dead. By the time the first airdrop is supposed to occur, the coin may not even be around anymore.

I also think you should drop the IPO. It probably will cause more problems than it's worth. IPO pretty much spells scam to most people here, and then you include nation coin + premine... let's just say you'd do better without the IPO. Or at most, sell that maple syrup at close to cost, along with coins.

As you can see I'm open to suggestions and always ready to be my own critic. I'll be distributing coins in giveaways to radio-hosts, journalists and bloggers in Montréal to start. Québec is one big village, word spreads fast and everyone knows everyone. That's why I'm not afraid as far as public attention goes, people are genuinely interested in new things and ready to talk about it. You know someone on twitter who knows some blogger who knows a journalist who knows a radio announcer who knows a tv reporter. With the upcoming provincial election, there's a lot of room in Québec for talking... about Québec.

As far as the distribution of the premine goes, I'll definitely stick to the idea of delayed distribution. The delay time isn't as important as the fact that you have to put in a certain delay to gather interest and hype and avoid destroying the currencies value. Nation coins are very popular these days, that's for sure. The IPO is not out of greed and desire for profit. I already have a job and I'll be taking some time off without pay to dedicate myself to Québecoin, similar to Evan Duffield, although I don't know his financial situation. People can call it a scam if they want, it doesn't change that It's a mutually beneficial agreement. I get the resources necessary to develop and promote QBC for as much time as it can buy me, they get a nice return on their investment. Additionally, nation coins with their premine usually attract fair amounts of attention due to their large market caps.

Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
Why do you frenchies feel the need to be separate and unique? Why can't you just assimilate into the rest of canada like everyone else?
Does every State, Province and Town really need their own coin? How is that an evolution? How is that progress? Bitcoin took two steps forward and now you are taking one step back.
Bitcoin, used in all counties, nations and towns on the planet.
Quebeccoin.... used in quebec. Must be exchanged to bitcoin if you want to spend it anywhere else.  Roll Eyes

PROGRESS!
Activity: 97
Overlooking the IPO, which in my opinion is a pretty horrible idea, something else I found peculiar --

We will wait until the end of the mining period in approximately 10 years to give each Québecer his share of QBC.

Umm... 10 years? Is that a typo? Did you mean 1 year?

Slow distribution does make some sense, but 10 years is insane.

A sick dev posted a suck thread begging for money.
For Quebecer?  Only for the dev himself.
Anyway, Why will I give my money to "Quebecer" ?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
If you are serious about the coin, which I assume you are, I offer a couple of suggestions:

Space out the airdrop, but provide some coins to Quebecers relatively soon. I'd say provide some coins within a month or two, then space it out every 6 months or so (until premine is gone). Arrange for some coins to go to local merchants, so long as they agree to take the coins back as payment for merchandise (or at least some merchandise).

Personally I think you may be a bit optimistic as far as public attention goes. Two years from now, I expect many existing cyrptos to be dead. By the time the first airdrop is supposed to occur, the coin may not even be around anymore.

I also think you should drop the IPO. It probably will cause more problems than it's worth. IPO pretty much spells scam to most people here, and then you include nation coin + premine... let's just say you'd do better without the IPO. Or at most, sell that maple syrup at close to cost, along with coins.
good idea : vive le québec !

bad idea : posting it the first of April ^^

So, that's a joke or a real post ?  Smiley

Hey , I've got to thank you - after all the work that's been put into Québecoin, seeing a positive comment is really uplifting.

As for April 1st, it's just a coincidence! It would have to be a very funny joke to make a website/twitter/facebook/google+/subreddit and bitcointalk thread. (In addition to the coin!)

Québecoin is legit and I hope you mine it when it's released! Vive le Québec!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
good idea : vive le québec !

bad idea : posting it the first of April ^^

So, that's a joke or a real post ?  Smiley
Jump to: