Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 20. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Here's the deal, if a dev is alone the responsibility of promotion/activity/question answering falls solely on him/her.  Only when you have a team to cover your down time is it acceptable to take more than 3 days off a relatively newish coin. JP you were more than happy to be active before you got all the IPO and launch. I feel like a fool for advertising on the side for you. I even lost some credibility with an exchange owner for advocating qbc's adoption. Since you know I make a living off crypto this was a slap in the face. Given our PM's pre launch you had me completely fooled.

Enjoy my bitcoin, karma is a bitch though.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

The two posts a month does not count as an active dev. Why is it so hard for people to grasp that he's runaway with the money? Its like everyone here is desperately trying to find other interpretations and conspiracy theories and other things and not looking at the simplicity of the matter. Even the Emirates coin guy came back to his thread to post some pics. It means nothing if his last activity was a meaningless post a week back. Why is everyone being all Hitchcock about some fundamental things like dev took money and left. And if he does come back, and goes on a condemning trip to the nay sayers monologue, what good of a dev is he?

The last I remember he was quite comfortable working on the wallet AND communication in the forum. So we know he's not the type who locks himself in a room Howard Huges style and come out when the work is done. We can never have a fork unless the community and everyone accepts it... and we can't do that with a majority sitting on the fence and crossing their fingers. I've sold my stash and have no involvement in this coin. My interest is purely on an curiosity and social experiment kinda level here Smiley

Well, to me, we still need to be fair. Two weeks of relative inactivity isn't enough time, in my opinion. As for looking for other interpretations, I already stated the only things that made sense to me earlier in this thread... and there aren't a whole lot that make sense anymore besides: Dev ran off with money, or Dev is inept and has a different concept of time in the cryptoworld than just about everyone else.

I sold a couple hundred of my spare quebecoins that I got from my crumb ipo profits (put them into dreamcoin to turn them into a  bigger crumb). I think I have around 170 quebecoins leftover, which is more than the tiny ipo amount I started with, but it's not like they are worth anything  now... so it's not like I would try to find some rationale to support the dev or find reasons why he isn't posting here. I just think we need to be fair though.

For those who spent 1btc+ on the ipo, we owe it to them to give them more time before people talk about forking the coin and such. Although in reality, longterm, that probably would result in a better price for them, if the premine is destroyed.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

I've been saying that for a while now.... forking it + invalidating the 21 mill coins JP is holding. It doesn't matter if this is a scam or not. An inactive dev is reason enough.

What counts an an inactive dev though? It's been around a week since he last posted here, that's not long enough.  And I have no idea how people would even go about doing the fork.

If it's like this a month from now... yeah... I'd say that would be long enough.

The two posts a month does not count as an active dev. Why is it so hard for people to grasp that he's runaway with the money? Its like everyone here is desperately trying to find other interpretations and conspiracy theories and other things and not looking at the simplicity of the matter. Even the Emirates coin guy came back to his thread to post some pics. It means nothing if his last activity was a meaningless post a week back. Why is everyone being all Hitchcock about some fundamental things like dev took money and left. And if he does come back, and goes on a condemning trip to the nay sayers monologue, what good of a dev is he?

The last I remember he was quite comfortable working on the wallet AND communication in the forum. So we know he's not the type who locks himself in a room Howard Huges style and come out when the work is done. We can never have a fork unless the community and everyone accepts it... and we can't do that with a majority sitting on the fence and crossing their fingers. I've sold my stash and have no involvement in this coin. My interest is purely on an curiosity and social experiment kinda level here Smiley

I've been saying that for a while now.... forking it + invalidating the 21 mill coins JP is holding. It doesn't matter if this is a scam or not. An inactive dev is reason enough.

What counts an an inactive dev though? It's been around a week since he last posted here, that's not long enough.  And I have no idea how people would even go about doing the fork.

If it's like this a month from now... yeah... I'd say that would be long enough.
Out of curiosity I checked the dev posting history just now. He has posted here twice in the entire month of may. I don't even have that many Quebecoins, don't have a real vested interest in how the coin even does at this point, and I have posted here more than that.

Unless the dev has succumbed to a terrible maple syrup accident, I don't really see any excuse anymore. To say he's busy working on android wallets, or whatever, is still not an excuse.

Working on his next project? Look for a new IPO opening soon. If it offers a Celine Dion cd for the first ipo buyers run like hell ... LOL.

Yes Jp, we are waiting for news Smiley....

If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

This may have been the best idea yet.

Activity: 140
Out of curiosity I checked the dev posting history just now. He has posted here twice in the entire month of may. I don't even have that many Quebecoins, don't have a real vested interest in how the coin even does at this point, and I have posted here more than that.

Unless the dev has succumbed to a terrible maple syrup accident, I don't really see any excuse anymore. To say he's busy working on android wallets, or whatever, is still not an excuse.

Working on his next project? Look for a new IPO opening soon. If it offers a Celine Dion cd for the first ipo buyers run like hell ... LOL.

If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

We are all waiting for some good news from the developer. This is a big community here, i agree, and we have to give great value to this coin.
Activity: 196

This may have been the best idea yet.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Circonference.ca

The words Lent and Slow may be bilingual synonyms but they don't depict the right amount of slowness. We need a word that mean SLOW + 50% to really depict the slowness of technology adoption here.

This is the most painful aspect of living in Montreal. The big companies here are 5 years behind. I am always obsessed with what will be taken for granted in 3 years. This create a space of ZERO opportunity for me to work in my own city, unless it is helping my former colleagues and bosses when they fuck things up and need a jack-of-all-trades to unfuck it up. Apparently the only space that has a need for my services in New York City and it is the place with the most amount of competition professionally!!

Marie-Lynn

Before voting to put the coin on sharex, I expect it may be better to wait and see if the dev will even allow the coin be listed there.

Coined up, Austin exchange, ShareX, etc. could be a combo of small exchanges the coin probably could get listed on, if the dev was active with the coin. Again, no idea if he wants the coin even listed there though. Little point to voting if the dev may just veto it.

And yes, the coin won't jump up a ton even if the coin gets on other exchanges, due to the premine. People would rightfully be afraid if the price got too high, with semi-decent volume, as the dev (or any dev) could just dump the premine and kill the prices then.

I really doubt the dev will destroy any of the premine, but he could start a partial airdrop early (unsure how much that could lower the price, as it's already pretty low). And do that vault/lockup thingy with another member here, whomever that was. But at this point, that all sounds doubtful.
Lets get something extremely clear for those who are waiting for the prices to rise. Those prices will never ever going to rise as long as 21 mil coins are in the hands of the dev. No whale will ever risk going anywhere near that coin and even attempt to get some buy pressure going by putting in some volume. So those of you who are expecting the price to rise magically when the dev returns with with his commandments, know that nothing significant will come out of that. A minor bump at most, that's all. Changing the plan and deciding to distribute it immediately will only dilute the value further. The volume will come only if the premine is destroyed... and good luck convincing anyone sensible that a shitcoin giveaway is happening after two and a half years.
I will make an effort to keep this thread "FUD" free, so here are some facts. Any speculation on my part is clearly noted.

Dev posting multiple times a day prior to IPO.

IPO ends. Speculation: This is when the dev truly stops giving a shit.

Highly anticipated launch is postponed 24 hours. People that rented rigs are pissed off. Dev claims 2 days wasn't enough between IPO and launch. Of course, i'm sure dev was working and coding 48 hours straight and still missed the launch /sarcasm  Roll Eyes

Dev makes last minute changes to the wallet changing to the reward structure resulting in the windows wallet not being ready for launch. More people pissed off.

Some exchange adds QBC, dev decides Bittrex is good enough and exchanges shouldn't add QBC without "permission". I haven't seen another example of this in the crypto world. Obviously 2 exchanges is better than 1.

Countless legitimate, honest questions ignored by dev. Offers to help the coin also ignored by dev.

I'm furious at myself. Can't believe I "invested" (more like donated) 1.5 btc into this shitcoin

I try to be objective about any coin, even coins I own. I don't like insane hype, nor insane trolling.

I do agree with you on every point. I'll also throw in the syrup, which makes absolutely no sense from a dev standpoint. It doesn't exactly take tons of time or effort to mail out 8 cans of syrup, or however many it should be.

If the dev is being honest, certain things don't make sense. Why would the dev, who was super active before the ipo, drop out like he has? Where is the premine lockup? Where is the local promo giveaway? Why no effort to get on at least some of the smaller exchanges? I don't mean absolutely dinky ones, but there are several small in-between ones he can try.

The only reasons I can come up with are: Dev has walked away/given up, dev is super busy in RL (not sure how realistic that is), dev is gobbling up cheap coins on the exchange, plans to return, boost profits, or he truly thinks posting in the forum + mailing syrups + exchanges don't matter ... in which case I strongly disagree with him.
Activity: 269
I agree the DEV is seriously lacking on the boards and as the main contact of this coin...
besides that, the exchange limitation struck me as odd.

If one thing could possibly make me feel better about all this, it would be,
that the premine destined to quebecers, would be put in escrow or somewhere safe out of his control.

Activity: 605
Merit: 500
I will make an effort to keep this thread "FUD" free, so here are some facts. Any speculation on my part is clearly noted.

Dev posting multiple times a day prior to IPO.

IPO ends. Speculation: This is when the dev truly stops giving a shit.

Highly anticipated launch is postponed 24 hours. People that rented rigs are pissed off. Dev claims 2 days wasn't enough between IPO and launch. Of course, i'm sure dev was working and coding 48 hours straight and still missed the launch /sarcasm  Roll Eyes

Dev makes last minute changes to the wallet changing to the reward structure resulting in the windows wallet not being ready for launch. More people pissed off.

Some exchange adds QBC, dev decides Bittrex is good enough and exchanges shouldn't add QBC without "permission". I haven't seen another example of this in the crypto world. Obviously 2 exchanges is better than 1.

Countless legitimate, honest questions ignored by dev. Offers to help the coin also ignored by dev.

I'm furious at myself. Can't believe I "invested" (more like donated) 1.5 btc into this shitcoin

Activity: 140

As for the maple syrup, I will guarantee that it will be shipped before May 11th (Sunday). I'll post a pic before having them sent out too.

... snif

LOL.... another pancake bites the dust Smiley

We had the first beautiful week-end in Quebec. JP probably got wasted like everyone else and forgot about it.

Remember we just got out of a rough winter, and St-Jean Baptist is right around the corner - we're all preparing for it.  Grin

Hahahhaa!:) that`s possible, everybody loves weekends, but we need some good news from the developer. for the price to explode!!
Pages:
Jump to: