Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 19. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

What do you mean there is a large community on this project? All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside and a bunch of butthurt people on the forums making maple syrup jokes. There are about 20 people in the community and it will be eroded by the fact that there is a new X11 coin coming out every single day.

There is a slow burn-in plan for this currency which was freely shared at the beginning of the project. This slow plan is EXACTLY right for the rate of technology adoption we have in our little North American cultural bubble. There is nothing going on to indicate missaproriation of IPO funds or flooding of the market with huge amounts of mystery coins. There is no effort to manipulate the currency for pump and dump purposes. We have access to this information and can monitor it 24/7. Whatever the fuck do you want more?!

I study 650 currencies actively and most are scams from the start or doomed to fail because of qualitative and technological reasons. I am just as interested in why they fail as why some seem to be succeeding right now. QBC has one developer. That is the biggest danger for the currency in the medium term. The medium term is right now until this Fall. Right now, the biggest organic success I see is Darkcoin (DRK) and X11 coins may just be the only coins one can mine this summer. Remember, this summer is the first summer of massive home coin mining ever. This will change the landscape yet again.

I do not have a cynical one liner to convey the complexity of the alt coin mining and speculative market but maybe...

The business as usual activities of all the fraudulent currencies coming out everyday are skewing the perceptions of people who do not have access to more than 48 hours of memory.

Marie-Lynn
http://circonfrence.ca

Totally agree, it's what I said in my post, one dev is not enough !!!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Just as the above poster has said about the community , it will be quite hard to find out somebody who is willing to take over a project that is not in the best shape rather than starting it as he please from strat.

But again , i'm no holder and i'm not a fan of "nation" coin so my view should be seen just as one of a casual visitor to the forum.

Agreed. Maybe one or more of the big ipo people have some dev skills,or can find a dev. No idea.

I hold a measly 175 or so coins, so no big deal to me either way. I already cashed out my original tiny ipo amount a while ago for a tiny profit -- I can't lose anything, nor really gain much either. I'm mostly just posting here still out of curiosity, and the fact that I did trust the dev originally.

What do you mean there is a large community on this project? All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside and a bunch of butthurt people on the forums making maple syrup jokes. There are about 20 people in the community and it will be eroded by the fact that there is a new X11 coin coming out every single day.

There is a slow burn-in plan for this currency which was freely shared at the beginning of the project. This slow plan is EXACTLY right for the rate of technology adoption we have in our little North American cultural bubble. There is nothing going on to indicate missaproriation of IPO funds or flooding of the market with huge amounts of mystery coins. There is no effort to manipulate the currency for pump and dump purposes. We have access to this information and can monitor it 24/7. Whatever the fuck do you want more?!

Actually the fact that we can't see the dev doing anything at all is the problem. The syrup is sort of meaningless (unless people here really love syrup), but if a dev won't do that one little thing, it erodes confidence. If a dev is super active before an ipo, then vanishes... again, confidence in the coin erodes.

Slow burn-in is one thing. A dev vanishing or just being scarce is another. The dev can do whatever he wants with his ipo funds, so he can't misappropriate it -- if he put it into darkcoin, he'll be set for a while...
The premine is also currently safe, to the best of my knowledge. People are simply thinking aloud as to backup plans, if the dev never returns.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

Why no recreating the coin from scratch with new features the community wants (if any)? , different time block distribution of block rewards mining scrypt etc..
From my point of view it would be way better.

Are that many coins already mined?

If a new dev team wanted to fork and add more features, they certainly could.  But again, whatever is done, the premine would need to be killed.

The dev is sitting on half of the coins, 50% premine.

Just as the above poster has said about the community , it will be quite hard to find out somebody who is willing to take over a project that is not in the best shape rather than starting it as he please from strat.

But again , i'm no holder and i'm not a fan of "nation" coin so my view should be seen just as one of a casual visitor to the forum.
Activity: 87
Circonference.ca
If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

I study 650 currencies actively and most are scams from the start or doomed to fail because of qualitative and technological reasons. I am just as interested in why they fail as why some seem to be succeeding right now. QBC has one developer. That is the biggest danger for the currency in the medium term. The medium term is right now until this Fall. Right now, the biggest organic success I see is Darkcoin (DRK) and X11 coins may just be the only coins one can mine this summer. Remember, this summer is the first summer of massive home coin mining ever. This will change the landscape yet again.

I do not have a cynical one liner to convey the complexity of the alt coin mining and speculative market but maybe...

The business as usual activities of all the fraudulent currencies coming out everyday are skewing the perceptions of people who do not have access to more than 48 hours of memory.

Marie-Lynn
http://circonfrence.ca
Currently, the first priority is JP come back Smiley. I still believe in him.

If we decide to fork the currency, I think we need to have more organization and a clear view of what we will do:
- large team with more than one people to dev the coin, maybe the public name of one or two people is a good idea to avoid another scam
- exchange aggreement
- roadmap

I think we can wait two weeks and see if JP will be back.

An other important thing is that JP could not stay alone with this coin. He should accept help from others like you and me to build the futur of quebecoin.

Why no recreating the coin from scratch with new features the community wants (if any)? , different time block distribution of block rewards mining scrypt etc..

If a new dev team wanted to fork and add more features, they certainly could.  But again, whatever is done, the premine would need to be killed.

The dev is sitting on half of the coins, 50% premine.
in defi we trust

It's because once the community will act like a central bank (invalidating coins , decline transactions or anything close to that) there is always the problem it might do the same again but this time affecting all the users.
An example... increasing 10 times the total number of coins , or halving the coins currently held in the wallets.

The same discussion happened about the btc sized by the fbi , just check the reactions :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fork-the-blockchain-and-block-the-seized-fbi-coins-412041

And even if you claim the community wants it , it is best for the coin this way... do you really think the community (in this case the bagholders) will always make the best choices?

The community of any coin typically will vote on whatever best suits them short-term, and longterm be dammed --just human nature.

I should have clarified, when I agree the coin should be forked if the dev has truly vanished, I mean a new dev team would need to take over. The community can agree or not agree on destroying the premine (which would have to happen for the coin to continue). But longterm, a new dev team would have to take over. You can't just have a coin with nobody at all in charge.

And you can't have a former dev sitting on over half the coins in a premine, if a new team takes over. He can kill the coin whenever he so pleases if he ever cashes out.

It's because once the community will act like a central bank (invalidating coins , decline transactions or anything close to that) there is always the problem it might do the same again but this time affecting all the users.
An example... increasing 10 times the total number of coins , or halving the coins currently held in the wallets.

The same discussion happened about the btc sized by the fbi , just check the reactions :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fork-the-blockchain-and-block-the-seized-fbi-coins-412041

And even if you claim the community wants it , it is best for the coin this way... do you really think the community (in this case the bagholders) will always make the best choices?

The community of any coin typically will vote on whatever best suits them short-term, and longterm be dammed --just human nature.

I should have clarified, when I agree the coin should be forked if the dev has truly vanished, I mean a new dev team would need to take over. The community can agree or not agree on destroying the premine (which would have to happen for the coin to continue). But longterm, a new dev team would have to take over. You can't just have a coin with nobody at all in charge.

And you can't have a former dev sitting on over half the coins in a premine, if a new team takes over. He can kill the coin whenever he so pleases if he ever cashes out.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Premine : 21 Million - 50% for the population of Québec

Concrete, population of Québec=Dev? No?  Huh
in defi we trust

I've been saying that for a while now.... forking it + invalidating the 21 mill coins JP is holding. It doesn't matter if this is a scam or not. An inactive dev is reason enough.

Do you know that with this you're opening a Pandora box?

Also curious why you say this. It's only a pandora's box if the dev is active, or semi-active. If he truly vanishes, it's the only way to proceed.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
well , JP is dissapeared.
what's about the maple syrup?

"As for the maple syrup, I will guarantee that it will be shipped before May 11th (Sunday). I'll post a pic before having them sent out too. "

I've been saying that for a while now.... forking it + invalidating the 21 mill coins JP is holding. It doesn't matter if this is a scam or not. An inactive dev is reason enough.

Also curious why you say this. It's only a pandora's box if the dev is active, or semi-active. If he truly vanishes, it's the only way to proceed.

Why ? I don't understand the problem with that....
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
How much is premined?
Québecoin Stats

2.5 minute block time

26 coins per block

Subsidy halving at 420480 blocks (~2 years)

Total coins : 42 Million

Premine : 21 Million - 50% for the population of Québec

IPO : 1% of the 50% Premine (210k QBC) (0.5% of the total)

Bounties : 0.1% of the 50% Premine (21k QBC) (0.05% of the total)
Activity: 70
in defi we trust

copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Did anyone try to contact JP? To let him know about the activity on this thread? We need some news from him, we need him to post here what`s his activity and what direction we should follow.

I tried to get his opinion for the tool/location to gather the enthusiast. I asked him twice via twitter, and twice via e-mails. I wanted to know if he would rather create a sub-domain on QBC.io for the forum, or let the community handle that on their own. But I might of annoyed him - I had never used twitter before QBC and I didn't know what I was doing lol. I think I might of @'d him too much and he got tired of my shit.

Anyhow, he did not reply. But both Quebecoin.info and Quebecoin.org - the two domain I suggested to buy and get hosting for - are now gone. I managed to grab something else, but now I'm worried who ever got those 2 might be working on something which would spread and dilute the effort.

A fellow Quebecer who has experience offered to spend some of his time setting up a Forum/WordPress. So I went ahead and bought a domain name and host for it. But I'd feel bad wasting his precious time, only to find out someone else is working on something similar.

This is why it would have been nice to have JP’s thought.
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

If it's like this a month from now... yeah... I'd say that would be long enough.

He last wrote there would be a hardfork within 2 weeks, still a week to go. If there is no communication
about that, well, that's bad.

Running a crypto is a huge project, and after the first excitement there comes a tired feeling. It may be
that JP has succumbed to that, or else he is unable to channel his energies and is absorbed in some sideproject
like the android wallet. I know from first-hand experience how tempting it is to put behind all the unfinished
business and the din of human communication and just escape into coding.

Yes this could be a scam but I haven't been picking up that vibe. What I'm saying is that there are other possibilities.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Did anyone try to contact JP? To let him know about the activity on this thread? We need some news from him, we need him to post here what`s his activity and what direction we should follow. I`m starting to think that i trust too much this coin, but i`m not going to leave the boat yet.
Pages:
Jump to: