Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 151. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 529
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
KDC is on life support here.  Great services, just no one to use them.  Goes to show that hypes/pump and dumps rule the day.

ETA: and I say this as a holder of 55000 KDC..  unfortunate.

Yeah look at Noblecoin and digibytes, 2 world class coins with huge communities/services and prices going lower and lower. Neither is on cryptsy.
Activity: 812
www.gamebet.gg
Dumped the remainder of my btc (.2886) at cryptsy vote.  Should be good for 1443 votes.

Wow very nice!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Dumped the remainder of my btc (.2886) at cryptsy vote.  Should be good for 1443 votes.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
a question that could be very stupid, but im not very tech savvy.
could it be technically possible to change KDC to something like KLK or KLO?
legendary
Activity: 1120

KDC IS LISTED. Good, remember you can use your cryptsy points to. Adding a few votes with my points Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
I think we should list some (if not all) services that accepts kdc in the OP, that will be something to invite new miners. Or do an announcement like "KlondikeCoin services GROWING FAST!!". No new miner will klick on a link to get to a page where he need to first look around and then click again and then for a final click see a service. The OP is our window for new miners, not our homepage or any other kdc-service-list page.

I also think that we should remove the "klondike gold rush story", its a wall of text that a lot of ppl just scroll pass (IMO), and add the best advertising material we have atm there instead.
There's a story on the website, could be like "Click here to read more about the history of Klondike" or something instead!

And we should advertise our klondoms more Wink
legendary
I really like the idea with giving away some REAL GOLD. This can be a huge marketing stunt!!

What if we think of the following structure.

People who mine the coin 24/24 will receive 10 points (no matter what there hashrate is)
People who mine the coin more then 12 hours a day will receive 5 points (no matter what there hashrate is)
People who mine the coin more then 6 hours but less then 12 hours will receive 2 points (no matter what there hashrate is)
People who mine the coin one hour or more will receive 1 point (no matter what there hashrate is)

The person that had the most points per day will be put in a box + one wildcard (random selection). After 1 month you will have 60 possible winners. We add the first 40 people with the most points based on above point system, so that you have 100 votes. It can be that someone has his name several time as possible winner because he mine it 10 days non-stop.

So 100 votes -> 1 winner (after one month) -> Winner will receive real gold.

OPS: What do you think?

Community : What do you think?

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I think we should list some (if not all) services that accepts kdc in the OP, that will be something to invite new miners. Or do an announcement like "KlondikeCoin services GROWING FAST!!". No new miner will klick on a link to get to a page where he need to first look around and then click again and then for a final click see a service. The OP is our window for new miners, not our homepage or any other kdc-service-list page.

I also think that we should remove the "klondike gold rush story", its a wall of text that a lot of ppl just scroll pass (IMO), and add the best advertising material we have atm there instead.

Also too all bag-holders, the kdc services where you pay with kdc means that all kdc you pay will get sold for BTC (think of this when you buy), I think it would be good for us with a lot of KDC to just chill for a while using kdc-services and let outsiders be the ones who uses them at first ( hopefully they will either contribute with hashpower or a sweet lil´pump).
legendary
Before the fork the reward for the proof of work was good, the CoinedUp exchange was liquid with a bit of volatility allowing you to participate on both sides of the market

I agree... I was completely opposed the fork and voiced my opinion several times and here is one of them - http://klondikecoin.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg50#msg50 - did not even garner a reply or acknowledgement.

The fork has opened KDC to several vulnerabilities...

An unsecure blockchain is a very real risk with less than 150Mh/s on the network, even a small mining group could take over the coin, fork, make double transactions, merge and there would be little anyone could do about it.

And with low volumes, the coin is very suspectable to market manipulation. 1BTC would take out all the sell order to 5000 or opposite, so now there is no real sense of value upon which to base trade and merchandising.

But what has been done has been done. We either accept or move on.

From a miners point of view the yield of KDC now is better than what is was before the fork. So if you are willing to dribble the coins out over the day or days, KDC is still as profitable as it was before the fork.

Ok, but who want to take over a dying coin??? Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Cryptsy has a new voting feature!
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

You're kidding me.... even Klondike coin not listed!!!?Huh Maybe Mr. Cryptsy didn't check what is happening here...

a coin which is dying ?
Yeah ofc the coin is dying. New stores pop up every day, new services, developers&community leaders updating everything that is happening and trying to have a good communication with everyone.

You whine when devs doesnt update you, you whine when they do, you whine when they don't act and then you whine when they listened to you guys and acted the way you wanted them to. You whine when we get on exchanges and you whine when we don't.

Why are people like that doing here? Why not move to another coin?
All the stores in the world won't help you when your coin has very low NET HASH (compromising security), and trades with a BID/ASK spread over 50% of the coins value on scarce volume (compromising investment).

'Us people' are still here because we care, and are participating in this experiment the same as you are.  We may have lost our rose colored glasses but we care.  

Some of us understand that until someone with BTC or some form of fiat money is willing to part with it in exchange for KDC the value will not increase.

The ability to buy something with KDC that can already be purchased with fiat or BTC adds no value to KDC.  Its not even a point to argue!
Markets always seek efficiency. exchanging x for y to exchange y for z is just factored to x for z.  You cant wish market efficiency away.

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Before the fork the reward for the proof of work was good, the CoinedUp exchange was liquid with a bit of volatility allowing you to participate on both sides of the market

I agree... I was completely opposed the fork and voiced my opinion several times and here is one of them - http://klondikecoin.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg50#msg50 - did not even garner a reply or acknowledgement.

The fork has opened KDC to several vulnerabilities...

An unsecure blockchain is a very real risk with less than 150Mh/s on the network, even a small mining group could take over the coin, fork, make double transactions, merge and there would be little anyone could do about it.

And with low volumes, the coin is very suspectable to market manipulation. 1BTC would take out all the sell order to 5000 or opposite, so now there is no real sense of value upon which to base trade and merchandising.

But what has been done has been done. We either accept or move on.

From a miners point of view the yield of KDC now is better than what is was before the fork. So if you are willing to dribble the coins out over the day or days, KDC is still as profitable as it was before the fork.

legendary

PLEASE USE TWITTER!!!! Make sure that ALL our followers know it!!! We have a decent amount of people on facebook, twitter. Use them...it doesn't take them anything.

Remember on coinpayments.net we were number 2, so we can certainly do it!!!!

legendary
KDC is on life support here.  Great services, just no one to use them.  Goes to show that hypes/pump and dumps rule the day.

ETA: and I say this as a holder of 55000 KDC..  unfortunate.

So now its the pump and dump coins that have destroyed KDC? (That everyone in this thread is trying to become a part of BTW)  

I thought it was the profit miners flooding the market, or the 77 KDC reward causing inflation?

No the problem is too many of you believe a low reward per block = higher price.  The reward per block serves an entirely different function and that is to support network hash rate, nothing else. You minimize the dillutive impact of the daily reward by striking a balance between reward/hash rate/market liquidity.

Now that there are few rewards per day to sell/hoard/speculate with post fork, the marketplace to exchange the coin for BTC looses efficiency increasing the BID/ASK spread and lowering trade volume detracting new money from investing/speculating in the coin which reduces efficiency further, creating a downward spiral feedback loop.  As I write this the last trade on CoinedUp: 0.00001538

All the while the meager total award value per day generated by the hash detracts miners and they move on to other coins, go play golf, head to the pub...
As the overall hash decreases lower and lower the reward per day is placed in the hands of fewer and fewer miners who slowly realize there are no more buyers of the coin at any price and at some point they capitulate, the coin dies.

So until someone decides to hit the undo button and reprogram the coin to have a sustainable, stable, liquid product you might as well pull up a seat and watch the train wreck.

Thanks for giving your opinion. Please note that this coin is ONLY 2 months old, this is not a coin created to have a huge pump and then everybody dump it in a few days like happens with AuroraCoin, and what will happen soon with Mazacoin.

You can look at it on the other side. YES!!!! KDC just hit 0.00001538, I WILL BUY, what do i have to lose, nothing!!! or you can complain, and complain, and complain. Also, maybe you notice or not, but NOBODY IS SELLING!!!, so the people that are selling, i don't know why they are selling, if you can already use Klondike to buy 3000+ articles then i find that not too bad.

I don't know, did you ever watch the bitcoin graphic from 2009 till 2012, and check it now. Give a coin the time to gain popularity.

Placebo - I am not attempting to offer my opinion.  I am just trying to illustrate free market mechanisms as they relate to KDC.  

Just before the fork I was not present in these forums since there was nothing to speak up about, and I didn't know this was here.  

Before the fork the reward for the proof of work was good, the CoinedUp exchange was liquid with a bit of volatility allowing you to participate on both sides of the market and my nearly 2Mh/s total could earn about .013 mining and .01 BTC trading the currency.  'Back then' I didnt event know this forum or thread existed, my introduction to mining was from a family member around Christmas and my first coin was DOGE.  I mainly used CoinWarz and the exchanges to find coins to mine after that.

I found out about the fork by accident poking around in the forums on the main website late last week,  by the time I got here to offer some market insight the fork was unstoppable.

KDC cannot be compared to any historical path of BTC, only to that of other ALT-coins for various reasons outside the scope of this reply.  

If you or anyone else cares about the future of this coin or your hard work you will address these problems as they exist and not try to dismiss those who are contributing energy to the cause with our less then Utopian view of the market landscape.

Believe it or not I appreciate your hard work, and want the coin to succeed, but in order for that to happen it must be profitable for someone to mine and trade, and be liquid and stable enough for someone else to choose KDC as a store of wealth which is what a coin is, a storage of wealth.

And for what its worth and I understand the challenges, but I really think the condom in a KDC paper 'wallet' would be one of the most innovative marketing items of any coin on the market today!!

You have some good points, but maybe it is not the coin that is the problem, but the exchanges. coinmarket.io is not working for weeks, coinedup is a small exchange, lets face it, not a lot of buying is happening on other coins too, correct?

So where is the action lately? I know there was some nice actions on mintpal, and that is what we try to achieve, to get listed there. If KDC can be part of a pump and dump, then some people will do some resource, and maybe you can a few miners because of the idea behind Klondike coin. I never mine KDC with the idea of , next week i will sell it, no, i mine it with the idea, it is a nice name, a name that can be used everywhere and why not, Dogecoin is a stupid name and everybody is using it, in fact Catcoin the same, as they are promoting Cat as the fighting doge Smiley

I was even thinking this morning, maybe i just rent a rig of 100Mh/s and put it on KDC and do a little pump by myself, because face it, with only 2 BTC we are back at 6000.
Jump to: