Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 271. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Activity: 196
exactly what is making the btc price drop so much anyway haven't really been paying attention until kdc plummeted

MtGox have stopped all BTC withdrawals. They are blaming Bitcoin devs for coin weakness that allows double transactions on withdrawals, bitcoin devs are blaming them for bad coding.

There are a lot of rumours that this is just MTGox trying to hide the fact that they are about to go down. If that happens there will be a pretty major drop in BTC price I would imagine, but it's all rumours as always.

Why would MtGox go down with all their assets?

MtGox is a Ponzi scheme.  They don't have funds to pay out their current customers.

Seriously, WHY would any exchange be able to support a commodity price 10% higher than the rest of the world?  For example, when MtGox was trading BTC at $1000 USD+, the rest of the world was in the $900's.  If you were buying BTC, why would you even consider buying at MtGox?  You wouldn't.  Therefore there would be no buy support and the value of BTC would never be able to break parity from other exchanges at best, let alone exceed 10-15% higher than them.

The only explanation is that MtGox was artificially manipulating the numbers somehow, and more than likely running a Ponzi scheme borrowing money from new customers to pay the old ones.

It finally came crashing down around them and now they are looking for yet another excuse to dig themselves out from under their steaming pile.  Hopefully this time they won't and they'll die off for the better of the community.

Hard stuff... you think they used customer money for their own profit, and now because BTC is not moving higher they have problems to payback customers?  Those exchange all ask commissions, and a lot of it!!! For example when you check how much cryptsy earn everyday on commisions then i don't think MtGox can have run out of money, unless that guy spend everything on drugs and girls.

I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Is the owner of MtGox still missing by the way?  Last I knew he disappeared several days ago, along with something like $38 million.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
exactly what is making the btc price drop so much anyway haven't really been paying attention until kdc plummeted

MtGox have stopped all BTC withdrawals. They are blaming Bitcoin devs for coin weakness that allows double transactions on withdrawals, bitcoin devs are blaming them for bad coding.

There are a lot of rumours that this is just MTGox trying to hide the fact that they are about to go down. If that happens there will be a pretty major drop in BTC price I would imagine, but it's all rumours as always.

MtGox is a Ponzi scheme.  They don't have funds to pay out their current customers.

Seriously, WHY would any exchange be able to support a commodity price 10% higher than the rest of the world?  For example, when MtGox was trading BTC at $1000 USD+, the rest of the world was in the $900's.  If you were buying BTC, why would you even consider buying at MtGox?  You wouldn't.  Therefore there would be no buy support and the value of BTC would never be able to break parity from other exchanges at best, let alone exceed 10-15% higher than them.

The only explanation is that MtGox was artificially manipulating the numbers somehow, and more than likely running a Ponzi scheme borrowing money from new customers to pay the old ones.

It finally came crashing down around them and now they are looking for yet another excuse to dig themselves out from under their steaming pile.  Hopefully this time they won't and they'll die off for the better of the community.

Hard stuff... you think they used customer money for their own profit, and now because BTC is not moving higher they have problems to payback customers?  Those exchange all ask commissions, and a lot of it!!! For example when you check how much cryptsy earn everyday on commisions then i don't think MtGox can have run out of money, unless that guy spend everything on drugs and girls.

Activity: 112
Had a brief email exchange with BitJohn on Cryptsy, asked him about Klondike, his response was:

"I would say it has a decent shot seems like a good coin."

We'll see I s'pose, but at least he's aware of us and has a favorable impression. I don't think Cryptsy would magically raise the price, but it would definitely be good exposure.

I use skype, much faster Cheesy, he was planning to bring it up for the next batch, but the number of new coins is big, so they decide in a group which coin will make most sense to be added. Will cryptsy improve KDC coinprice, no, as the coin will already be a lot higher before it hits cryptsy. It happened with TIPS/MOON both were trading every low, rumors about cryptsy hit the market and TIPS/MOON went to the MOON, then they hit cryptsy, move a little higher and then dropped, but still both are 10 times higher then when they were trading at coinedup. I still believe that KDC can hit $1, as i said before. Look at CAT, they also hit $1 a few weeks ago. Now the number of coins has been increasing a little, hitting $1 would mean that we have a market cap of more the $3M, impossible? No, look at MEOW, they hit $2.8M when hitting cryptsy. I don't know who sold at 4000, but either he really had to pay electricity bills or really needed some money, or he don't understand altcoins at all. This coin is not dying or so. Look at the hashrate...

This is some good information! I  hope the rest of the group also want this coin on with the next batch Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Had a brief email exchange with BitJohn on Cryptsy, asked him about Klondike, his response was:

We'll see I s'pose, but at least he's aware of us and has a favorable impression. I don't think Cryptsy would magically raise the price, but it would definitely be good exposure.

I use skype, much faster Cheesy, he was planning to bring it up for the next batch, but the number of new coins is big, so they decide in a group which coin will make most sense to be added. Will cryptsy improve KDC coinprice, no, as the coin will already be a lot higher before it hits cryptsy. It happened with TIPS/MOON both were trading every low, rumors about cryptsy hit the market and TIPS/MOON went to the MOON, then they hit cryptsy, move a little higher and then dropped, but still both are 10 times higher then when they were trading at coinedup. I still believe that KDC can hit $1, as i said before. Look at CAT, they also hit $1 a few weeks ago. Now the number of coins has been increasing a little, hitting $1 would mean that we have a market cap of more the $3M, impossible? No, look at MEOW, they hit $2.8M when hitting cryptsy. I don't know who sold at 4000, but either he really had to pay electricity bills or really needed some money, or he don't understand altcoins at all. This coin is not dying or so. Look at the hashrate...
Activity: 112
CoinArmy now hashing at 125mhs at a net rate of 200mhs. Time to switch to another pool to even things out!!

yes :/ looks like small time miner dropping off scewed things a little.

You as PR of KDC, can you not try to get more pools on this coin? We really need to split out miners! It is not possible that we only have 2 major pools, when one is going down then you have huge problems.

Activity: 84
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold Rush Now!

I'm no expert, just passing on the rumours I've heard.

It's been said that they are very insolvent, which is why they are holding all BTC and using the withdrawal bug as an excuse. Again, all rumours.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Interesting read on bitcoins and their adoption by big box retailers:
http://www.wired.com/business/2014/02/rise-fall-rise-patrick-byrne/?mbid=synd_digg
Zedcoin got a comment in, maybe we should also comment on how a gold rush is coming  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 67
thanks for the info jes appreciated  Grin

Just a quick update for those interested in the game key store:

We'll be doing a lot of work to it over the course of the day, it SHOULD launch into beta with live conversion rates tomorrow morning. Obviously that's if it all goes smoothly.

With regards to promotion, when we're in a better position to offer keys (IE more stock), things like coin giveaways, faucet etc should have a much bigger impact. Not much point advertising the store at the moment, as we'll just put people off and they won't come back. First impression is incredibly important.

Obviously please continue to spread the word about KDC though!
Activity: 67

THey got their new suervers up and running right? Any reason to why they dont add new coins? Coinex posted in this thread that we were going to be added after they got new servers..
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

5.1 BTC Buy at 6k Satoshi
4.5 BTC Buy at 4.5k Satoshi

Both at Coinedup.
Missed the sell wall ;(, It got gobbled up so fast Cheesy
Guys, I know it is quite a decent volume. But it's not enough. I didn't mean to mocker you guys. I am simply stating that we will need to spread the word to make this coin more succesful..

then instead of sitting here and watching this forum go do something to promote it
Activity: 224
My BTC just arrived, bought the big sell wall Cheesy

Nice! I hope KDC will rise soon

It's only a matter of time. Once the market settles after the latest news about bitcoin we'll see good times again Smiley
Jump to: