Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 410. (Read 554401 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Ok guys, I need a little community help…I want to mine, but I have no idea whether I can or not with the laptop that I have…I have thought about trying to get a specialized miner but I don’t know whether it would work with a coin like this or bitcoin…or…jeez, I am just confused, I keep reading about the mining process but I feel like I am not getting anywhere so…

…here is my laptop specs, could you guys just tell me whether I can mine with it and if so how many coins approx. would I get a day? Or should I get one of those USB ASIC things? Or a rig? Thank you for your time and I am sorry for being such a newb miner Smiley

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  
Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory
Edit: chowmeow bet me to it.

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend mining on a laptop, they are not designed to be run at such high loads for long periods of time. You will only get very small amount of coins anyway. ASICs are only for bitcoin/SHA256 coins, klondikecoin is scrypt. If you want to mine you will need a desktop motherboard and a dedicated high end AMD graphics card.

The scrypt hash rate (kh/s) for common hardware is listed on this page https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison. Your GTX 560M will likely only produce 30kh/s (cpu will also make a similar amount). Put the info in the calc in my sig along with a block reward of 77 coins and the current difficultly which you can find on a pool site.

Thank you for responding! Ok, so I need to build a rig...I can't use a ASIC...I need a desktop pc with a motherboard that can hold a few good graphics cards...I do have a gaming desktop PCs with two graphics cards in it...I will have to get the specs and post them...maybe I can figure this out with you guys help after all! Smiley
I pray that they are ATI cards  Smiley

Amen mate....Amen...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Well, I've been following the thread since the first couple days.  I've been mining and buying what little I could.  I was extremely excited to see the addition of the Kimoto Gravity Well.  I was one of the early adopters of Megacoin (first week or so).  Been heavily involved in the Megacoin community.  I wasn't able to get the necessary graphics cards in the early days, so I'm not a whale.  I do believe in Megacoin and Kimoto's skills, though. 

My buddy tipped me off to Klondike a few days after launch. I waited a day or two to start mining.  Should have went with my gut.  I've seen how active the devs are, and that's very unique.  They are responsive and helpful, even with seemingly silly questions.  The design of the coin is fair and the reward structure makes a lot of sense.  There is plenty of time to get some coins before the subsidy halving, and the number of coins makes it very appealing. 

I look forward to participating in this community and I'm excited to see KDC rise to new heights.

By the way, I've been informed that Klondikecoin will soon be available on miningpool.co!

you are welcome to KDC rush
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Well, I've been following the thread since the first couple days.  I've been mining and buying what little I could.  I was extremely excited to see the addition of the Kimoto Gravity Well.  I was one of the early adopters of Megacoin (first week or so).  Been heavily involved in the Megacoin community.  I wasn't able to get the necessary graphics cards in the early days, so I'm not a whale.  I do believe in Megacoin and Kimoto's skills, though. 

My buddy tipped me off to Klondike a few days after launch. I waited a day or two to start mining.  Should have went with my gut.  I've seen how active the devs are, and that's very unique.  They are responsive and helpful, even with seemingly silly questions.  The design of the coin is fair and the reward structure makes a lot of sense.  There is plenty of time to get some coins before the subsidy halving, and the number of coins makes it very appealing. 

I look forward to participating in this community and I'm excited to see KDC rise to new heights.

By the way, I've been informed that Klondikecoin will soon be available on miningpool.co!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Ok guys, I need a little community help…I want to mine, but I have no idea whether I can or not with the laptop that I have…I have thought about trying to get a specialized miner but I don’t know whether it would work with a coin like this or bitcoin…or…jeez, I am just confused, I keep reading about the mining process but I feel like I am not getting anywhere so…

…here is my laptop specs, could you guys just tell me whether I can mine with it and if so how many coins approx. would I get a day? Or should I get one of those USB ASIC things? Or a rig? Thank you for your time and I am sorry for being such a newb miner Smiley

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend mining on a laptop, they are not designed to be run at such high loads for long periods of time. You will only get very small amount of coins anyway. ASICs are only for bitcoin/SHA256 coins, klondikecoin is scrypt. If you want to mine you will need a desktop motherboard and a dedicated high end AMD graphics card.

The scrypt hash rate (kh/s) for common hardware is listed on this page https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison. Your GTX 560M will likely only produce 30kh/s (cpu will also make a similar amount). Put the info in the calc in my sig along with a block reward of 77 coins and the current difficultly which you can find on a pool site.

Thank you for responding! Ok, so I need to build a rig...I can't use a ASIC...I need a desktop pc with a motherboard that can hold a few good graphics cards...I do have a gaming desktop PCs with two graphics cards in it...I will have to get the specs and post them...maybe I can figure this out with you guys help after all! Smiley
I pray that they are ATI cards  Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Of course you can!

Definitely post up your specs!
Activity: 70

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Activity: 56

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Activity: 98

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Mining with a laptop = bad idea.  Particularly if it's your main "productivity" machine.  You'll just end up drastically decreasing its lifespan.

Look into building a rig.  Even something modest with a coupla 270Xs won't set you back more than $600-700.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Could the pool admin of GoneHashing check the logs... we are over 500% trying to break the first block...something does not seem right.
Activity: 70

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Activity: 126
Check my sign for more MHs
i wish i could buy 50,000KDC for 8BTC  Roll Eyes

Impossible, you could never get that many people to sell to you at the price you are thinking.  You could have probably bought maybe 3 btc tops an hour ago at the price you are thinking about. Any amount of buying pressure will move the price upwards because a lot of the panic sellers are getting eaten slowly.  But, yea even 1 btc investment if Klondike goes over 100K and then on Cryptsy goes to 1 or 2 million, which is not unreasonable.. That's almost money to buy a car.  LOL depending on your level of taste. But 8 btc worth of Klondikes when it gets on Cryptsy can buy you a pretty nice ride.

i think you guys are a bit overzealous ( or fuzzy, dunno Cheesy )..  what price do you expect when it hits cryptsy? nothing will change.. maybe short pump then heavy dump and its less woarth then now on coinmarket where you can easy manipulate the price to the range you want..

it is absolutely wrong. KDC is one of the rarest coins. you get 77 coins/block today but after one year it would be 4.8125 coins only!!! and

still rarer and rarer every 3 months and it is 0 % premined. we have a very dedicated developers and very active community. so only a fool

will dump the coins for short term profits. i hope if we can incorporate big merchants to KDC, the price may reach $100 or above within a

year. we have the history with us. think the price of BTC skyrocketing to thousand dollar mark when BAIDU starts accepting it. and how

many of us know the price of BTC when it started first  -> [approx 1000 BTC for $1 !!!!! ].

if any body wants pizzas for KDCs dump it or wait and buy a car

i couldn't disagree with you well say  it  ...

Impossible, you could never get that many people to sell to you at the price you are thinking.  You could have probably bought maybe 3 btc tops an hour ago at the price you are thinking about. Any amount of buying pressure will move the price upwards because a lot of the panic sellers are getting eaten slowly.  But, yea even 1 btc investment if Klondike goes over 100K and then on Cryptsy goes to 1 or 2 million, which is not unreasonable.. That's almost money to buy a car.  LOL depending on your level of taste. But 8 btc worth of Klondikes when it gets on Cryptsy can buy you a pretty nice ride.

i think you guys are a bit overzealous ( or fuzzy, dunno Cheesy )..  what price do you expect when it hits cryptsy? nothing will change.. maybe short pump then heavy dump and its less woarth then now on coinmarket where you can easy manipulate the price to the range you want..

it is absolutely wrong. KDC is one of the rarest coins. you get 77 coins/block today but after one year it would be 4.8125 coins only!!! and

still rarer and rarer every 3 months and it is 0 % premined. we have a very dedicated developers and very active community. so only a fool

will dump the coins for short term profits. i hope if we can incorporate big merchants to KDC, the price may reach $100 or above within a

year. we have the history with us. think the price of BTC skyrocketing to thousand dollar mark when BAIDU starts accepting it. and how

many of us know the price of BTC when it started first  -> [approx 1000 BTC for $1 !!!!! ].

if any body wants pizzas for KDCs dump it or wait and buy a car
hi pals

i am back to the forum after the sleep. seems coinmarket down
Activity: 574
Was picking up some DimeCoin cheap on OpenEx and now can't withdraw them. Have a support ticket in. Hopefully will be withdrawn soon.

One of my strategies is to buy anything that is listed at 1 satoshi. Where it is traded against BTC, it has nowhere to go but up...
Activity: 168
Activity: 56
thx
problem: when i try to open www.openex.pw bitdefender blocks it because of an malware filter ?! is this normal, i never bought on openex Huh
I have traded several times on OpenEx and all has gone well.
thx
problem: when i try to open www.openex.pw bitdefender blocks it because of an malware filter ?! is this normal, i never bought on openex Huh
04:50 pm here in vienna. i will try to buy some kdc on openex and then go try to sleep ^^ see ya in a some hours  Smiley

g' nite

Every coin that I have been involved with that eventually had huge success had one or two guys like you hanging around making negative comments.  Don't know what the reason for it is, most likely it is jealousy that they didn't buy in at the absolute low, which usually means that it is the surest sign the coin will go up.  When Kitteh was trading at two-three there were a bunch of guys like you trying to get everyone to dump their MEOW's at 1 and telling everybody that it was dead and you know what?  That's when I bought and now that you are here I know I'm doing something right.  You know what?  For anyone to think a coin cannot go up 100x hasn't been investing correctly and hasn't been looking around.  Have you seen some of the other coins explode?  It's when the coin is on the ground floor that you start buying.... and when the negative nancy's start popping up, that is the surest sign to buy.  All a coin needs to explode is good dev support and good buy and hold support from the major investors and this coin has both.  When a coin has those ingredients, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and the coin can rise 100x.  It's the coins where the devs are incompetent or have no clue that die.  This owner did not pre-mine and his investment is in his time and money, so he has a lot riding on this to make it a success.  We need it on Crypsy to bring it to a larger audience and have more btc flow into Klondikes.  Anyone who thinks getting this coin on a major exchange will not do some magic for the coin is just talking sour grapes.

Eloquent!!!
04:50 pm here in vienna. i will try to buy some kdc on openex and then go try to sleep ^^ see ya in a some hours  Smiley
Jump to: