Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 145. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I have been mining this coin...looks good...but your explanation and introduction of a non GUI wallet to this 'shifthub' thing is completely confusing...now qt wallet (1.5.1) is not supported?? Ah, your team does realize that if you want folks to use your coin/platform..it must be something easy to install, understand, and use...THIS IS NOT IT!  It is a confusing mess of computerese lingo so hard to follow, only an IT major from MIT can make sense out of it. For the sake of 'us' basic miners...could you offer a very clear and simple step by step instruction on how to set the new wallet up?? Call me stupid...fine...but humor me with simplicity. I don't need 'lingo' to see how brilliant your guys are...just simple to understand basic setup instructions without reference to 'code', port forwarding...and all that stuff that 99% of people who will ever use a virtual currency or platform will understand, or they'll drop it like a rock.
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Hey I was wondering how you guys were able to port forward port 15441 for phantom. When i execute ./StartPhantom.sh i am able to initialize the Phantom database, but when i go to 127.0.0.1:53903 in my browser i get a 'Not Found' page. Going into my debug.log it is asking me to port forward 15441 but i am unable to do so with iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 15441 -j REDIRECT --to-port 80. Any help would be appreciated Smiley

Hello. You do not need to forward any ports just for browsing. If you should run a full node, e.g. people can sync and download the websites that you in turn have synced you need to open the ports. But for now you do not have to care about that.

We will fix a default redirection from "/" to http://localhost:53903/1CQTfYmebR1bP75PCUata417NffWyL6AXf/ which is the ShiftHub address.

Kind regards
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hey I was wondering how you guys were able to port forward port 15441 for phantom. When i execute ./StartPhantom.sh i am able to initialize the Phantom database, but when i go to 127.0.0.1:53903 in my browser i get a 'Not Found' page. Going into my debug.log it is asking me to port forward 15441 but i am unable to do so with iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 15441 -j REDIRECT --to-port 80. Any help would be appreciated Smiley
Activity: 14
hi, each block rewards 2 shf? we are at about block 500k? how come coinmarketcap shows 7m available supply?
sorry for the questions but i want to buy some of the coins

Hi, the coin has been relaunched a few months ago, and so it's a new chain which has included previous accounts. Good choice anyway^^

so the team has 3m coins, everything else was thru mining? am i right?

yes, you are.

good luck to the team and more power. i will be buying everyday small amounts.

Thank you! It's just the beginning, really, so you can consider yourself an early adopter. Now that we have the infrastructure to build 100% decentralized apps, that's where the serious things begin.

i'll be watching this thread. for now, i'll just buy every now and then.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
hi, each block rewards 2 shf? we are at about block 500k? how come coinmarketcap shows 7m available supply?

Hi, the coin has been relaunched a few months ago, and so it's a new chain which has included previous accounts. Good choice anyway^^

yes, you are.

Thank you! It's just the beginning, really, so you can consider yourself an early adopter. Now that we have the infrastructure to build 100% decentralized apps, that's where the serious things begin.

yes, you are.

yes, you are.

Activity: 364
is there a chance this will become tradable in polo?
are the ethereum dapps fully compatible in shift?

Ethereum Dapps are fully compatible with Shift. The decision to keep compatibility was made early on.

We have not received any response from Poloniex so far. As we said after the relaunch, we want to keep working on a few more releases before we start another attempt at getting listed on Poloniex. For our size Bittrex has sufficient volume and we currently can't afford to spread that across many exchanges.

We will be doing everything in our power to get listed on Poloniex eventually, but there is a lot the community can do to support us. Let them know we are an active and innovative coin with a unique concept in crypto, it might influence their decision.

is there a chance this will become tradable in polo?
are the ethereum dapps fully compatible in shift?
The new ShiftHub front end is very nice, good job.

Just a few little things:

The Transaction Overview graph is showing that I have 33 transactions and 0 received, it should be roughly 31 received and 1 or 2 sent.  I think the received values are just getting combined with the sent values.

When I hover my mouse over my address so I can copy/paste, my cursor disappears and it looks like the boundaries for the address and everything else are very close making it difficult to highlight the  address.  Can you make a left click on the address go right to the clipboard, or click with a pop-up for "To Clipboard", etc.

If two transactions are very close on the graph, the mouse hover has a hard time displaying the pop-up indicator.  I have two transactions show within a few blocks, one contains roughly 10x the value as the lower transactions, the mouse over will not recognize the higher transactions value and will now show me the pop-up.

Anyways, Good Job and Good-Luck

Hi Merick,

we already fixed the incoming / outgoing transaction counters for you. Please check your wallet Wink

Phantom gives us the ability to push fixes and new features (to a big extent) without anyone having to download or replace any files!

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Great work ShiftTeam, i'm impressed. it must be hard working without Market appreciation.. Shift image was damaged and it takes time and real effort (that we slowly see here) to regain market trust, but guys just keep what you doing and things will follow.   
Thanks for the feedback everyone, very much appreciated!

We give priority to OS compatibility issues but will be working through the UI/UX feedback soon after.

Activity: 241
hi guys, has launched an application on windows, all run from the base of the purse is great, it asks only open port 15441 for full participation in the phantom network.

On MacOS application does not run ((
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
The new ShiftHub front end is very nice, good job.

Just a few little things:

The Transaction Overview graph is showing that I have 33 transactions and 0 received, it should be roughly 31 received and 1 or 2 sent.  I think the received values are just getting combined with the sent values.

When I hover my mouse over my address so I can copy/paste, my cursor disappears and it looks like the boundaries for the address and everything else are very close making it difficult to highlight the  address.  Can you make a left click on the address go right to the clipboard, or click with a pop-up for "To Clipboard", etc.

If two transactions are very close on the graph, the mouse hover has a hard time displaying the pop-up indicator.  I have two transactions show within a few blocks, one contains roughly 10x the value as the lower transactions, the mouse over will not recognize the higher transactions value and will now show me the pop-up.

Anyways, Good Job and Good-Luck

so is this new web wallet?

Hi velf,

no. It is not a web wallet running on a centralized server, your browser is just the frontend
to communicate with Phantom, the backend

What you see right now is ShiftHub. It is just using your browser as the interface to access
GShift with our custom developed IPC calls. Everything you do is local, i.e. coins are in your
wallet, the tx database is stored locally too.

As development continues there will be many more features you can access on ShiftHub,
e.g. creating a website, a blockexplorer, a dapp store, messaging functions
and much more.
All on that same interface you are using right now to access our first ShiftHub application, the
wallet.

This release is much more than a regular new wallet, even more than a webwallet. It contains
the full functionality to interact with Phantom, we just need to make the features available to
users.

It takes a while to fully understand the concept behind Phantom so we are currently preparing
infographics but if you have any questions, please ask.

Looks really great, congrats!  The wallet does seem to be several hours behind.  It's showing a deposit from 5 hours ago, but is not showing a completed deposit from 40 minutes ago.  (Neither does the 1.5.1 desktop wallet)

EDIT: nix that, gshift wasn't caught up for some reason.  How is Phantom dependent on gshift?  I didn't see any reference noting that gshift needed to be running.  Was this just coincidental?

GShift is running in the background when you start Phantom.

Jump to: