Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 146. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Looks really great, congrats!  The wallet does seem to be several hours behind.  It's showing a deposit from 5 hours ago, but is not showing a completed deposit from 40 minutes ago.  (Neither does the 1.5.1 desktop wallet)

EDIT: nix that, gshift wasn't caught up for some reason.  How is Phantom dependent on gshift?  I didn't see any reference noting that gshift needed to be running.  Was this just coincidental?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

UPDATE JUN 18: PHANTOM ALPHA RELEASED

We are incredibly pleased to announce PHANTOM 1.1a & SHIFTHUB 0.1a.

This release covers our long awaited Phantom & Shifthub Alpha versions, along with our first
flagship application, a new wallet interface accessed via ShiftHub.

To start using Phantom, simply download the bundle, extract and run Phantom.cmd. This will
launch the Phantom engine, which you can access via ShiftHub  in your local browser by clicking
the newly created icon in your system tray.

Should you have any problems starting or accessing your funds please let us know either here or
in our slack.

We hope this release furthers understanding of our vision among the community, as this is only
the beginning. Future releases expand on this technology, where you locally access Phantom in
a secure manner and employ ShiftHub for all the things outlined in previous posts.

Since both Phantom and Shifthub are in alpha stage, we appreciate if users report possible bugs
or user experience issues.

Nice! Just downloaded it. Haven't unzipped yet...
Activity: 364

UPDATE JUL 01: PHANTOM ALPHA RELEASED

We are incredibly pleased to announce PHANTOM 1.1a & SHIFTHUB 0.1a.

This release covers our long awaited Phantom & Shifthub Alpha versions, along with our first
flagship application, a new wallet interface accessed via ShiftHub.

To start using Phantom, simply download the bundle, extract and run Phantom.cmd. This will
launch the Phantom engine, which you can access via ShiftHub  in your local browser by clicking
the newly created icon in your system tray.

Should you have any problems starting or accessing your funds please let us know either here or
in our slack.

We hope this release furthers understanding of our vision among the community, as this is only
the beginning. Future releases expand on this technology, where you locally access Phantom in
a secure manner and employ ShiftHub for all the things outlined in previous posts.

Since both Phantom and Shifthub are in alpha stage, we appreciate if users report possible bugs
or user experience issues.

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
When it comes to Solidity, why don't you change the name? s/\b(Shi)f(\w)\b/$1$2/

I do not agree. There are several languages that are open for exploits, it depends on the coder (http://insecure.org/stf/smashstack.html). What i do agree about, and there are several protections against this in compilers (gcc for instance with stack protection) is that solidity should throw a warning when unsafe code compiles. That is up to ethereum to fix, especially since smart contracts may deal with alot of money.
Activity: 671
Merit: 505
When it comes to Solidity, why don't you change the name? s/\b(Shi)f(\w)\b/$1$2/
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
The vulnerability was in the DAO and not the native eth code.
Activity: 10

Hi everyone who loves SHIFT. I tweeted out an interesting thought today. Retweet and comment on this post to get the message out and bring in new users to SHIFT.

If the $ETH blockchain forks, it would make $SHF the oldest running unmodified ethereum project based blockchain.
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/748060113391460352

If $ETH forks, it's because of  a vulnerability in the code. Why would 'unmodified' be a good thing?
Activity: 14
hello, i'm dropping by and always interested in smart contracts. Smiley
i'm watching this thread
Activity: 804
Merit: 500
DAO ↔ DApp

Hi everyone who loves SHIFT. I tweeted out an interesting thought today. Retweet and comment on this post to get the message out and bring in new users to SHIFT.

If the $ETH blockchain forks, it would make $SHF the oldest running unmodified ethereum project based blockchain.
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/748060113391460352
Activity: 21
Hey all, new here but have been watching this coin for a while and have been mining for a month or so.

I have opened a new pool at http://www.shift-pool.com if anyone would like to add some hashing power.  Payouts are currently hourly with a minimum of 2 shift.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you! You have been added on first page Wink

Thanks for that!
Hey all, new here but have been watching this coin for a while and have been mining for a month or so.

I have opened a new pool at http://www.shift-pool.com if anyone would like to add some hashing power.  Payouts are currently hourly with a minimum of 2 shift.

Thanks

Thank you! You have been added on first page Wink
Activity: 21

Thanks
Activity: 11
anyone has a solo mining guide for this coin?

thanks for help , i have it , now mining solo
Activity: 476
SHIFT is looking good. Nice job not releasing a DAO too early.
Will the shifthub wallet be a necessary update from the qt wallet?

It will not be mandatory but support for the old GUI wallet will be dropped as soon as there is a stable beta.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Will the shifthub wallet be a necessary update from the qt wallet?

Hi everyone,

we have to delay the release for a very short bit as we add a few last minute features
and optimize minor issues discovered in beta testing.

We want to release our fully decentralized web wallet on ShiftHub as soon as possible,
but we want it to supercede all expectations as this is no ordinary QT wallet. While the
software will be alpha, we feel it should be usable by everyone with ease and not just
by a minority of expert users. For anyone interested, please see our recent commits
on GitHub.

If you are capable, you can compile and run the pre-alpha state already with no
major limitations.

We apologize for the delay, but we are certain it won't be long, likely only 48 hrs up to
a few days maximum. Once you see what we have been working on you'll know it has
been worth the wait.

Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Wow, someone at Bittrex is holding roughly 15% of all SHF (1,156,102.71 atm).

I hope that won't bite Shift in the ass at some point.
Jump to: