Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 149. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

UPDATE JUN 18: SHIFT UPDATE TO 2.7.0

We have released SHIFT 2.7.0.

This release implements sqlite3 database functionality for transaction history in preparation for the upcoming
Phantom Wallet release.

Please note, this release is currently optional but will be mandatory if you want to run Phantom.

Guys, I like how you act. I hope you have learned the lesson from the failures of ETH. I still think, however, that SHIFT needs a little more advertising.

Hey jiefes,

we are deeply saddened to see Ethereum go through such a hard time but it will only strengthen the technology and everything associated with it!

There will be increased marketing efforts after the upcoming releases to promote the developments we will have released by then. We don't want to promote anything we have not achieved and cause unjustified enthusiasm because that always ends badly Smiley

To backup my wallet do I simply save the file inside the keystore folder to a secure location?  Then if I had to recover would I then just simply copy that file back over and the wallet will begin using that account?

Yes, that's how you do it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Trading volume is starting to go through the roof, I think this coin is really starting to go somewhere.  A week or so ago when I looked at the volume it was only $800 or so, yesterday it said about $25'000 and today it is listed as $35'000 in trading volumes.  Once a stable phantom is released the market will take further notice and really the sky is the limit, im personally excited about decentralized web hosting.  The whole concept of that is a game changer in itself but I know it will be a long path to it becoming a reliable service for people to take advantage of.

Anyway I started solo mining this coin, it is quite fun to do seeing the many blocking being found and helping secure, making the network slightly more decentralized.  Im surprised more people don't solo mine being the difficulty is not that high and its pretty simple to do.  

----

To backup my wallet do I simply save the file inside the keystore folder to a secure location?  Then if I had to recover would I then just simply copy that file back over and the wallet will begin using that account?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Guys, I like how you act. I hope you have learned the lesson from the failures of ETH. I still think, however, that SHIFT needs a little more advertising.
Any news about getting Shift added to Polo?

i think they do not add pure clone that does not add anything, they have ehereum already, shift is just a clone of it

We emphasize again that getting added to Poloniex does not mean an instant price increase, as can be seen by the last additions like Decred or Synereo.

Spreading our volume too thin would also be counterproductive at this early stage. Over the last weeks we were among the top 5 volume coins several times. Once we are certain we can offer good incentives for Poloniex to list us, we will approach them again.

We understand your criticism, orcanice, but if you want to see the progress we are making we urge you to look into our GitHub commit history, as mentioned a few posts above. Of course not every average altcoin enthusiast can fully estimate what is happening, but even a short look should tell that we are actively working on our roadmap Smiley

Im not doing any criticism, i was just asking because im tired of using so many diffrent exchanges. And yes, i know that you and your team is working hard on Phantom.

My bad, I was already writing the post and got the quotes mixed up, the word "criticism" was directed at Vaccinus Smiley .. I want to add that criticism is not a negative thing for us, we do care about our community and welcome every comment and outside view as an opportunity to improve!

We are aware that traders and investors want to see us listed on Poloniex, but even if they are considering we would not get a response from them. Right now our aim is to release the new wallet, after that a sneak peek at Phantom with a small selection of features while simultaneously targetting the nodestaking functionality.

Somewhere between all those developments we will very likely be putting in a few requests to get listed Wink

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

i think they do not add pure clone that does not add anything, they have ehereum already, shift is just a clone of it

We emphasize again that getting added to Poloniex does not mean an instant price increase, as can be seen by the last additions like Decred or Synereo.

Spreading our volume too thin would also be counterproductive at this early stage. Over the last weeks we were among the top 5 volume coins several times. Once we are certain we can offer good incentives for Poloniex to list us, we will approach them again.

We understand your criticism, orcanice, but if you want to see the progress we are making we urge you to look into our GitHub commit history, as mentioned a few posts above. Of course not every average altcoin enthusiast can fully estimate what is happening, but even a short look should tell that we are actively working on our roadmap Smiley

Im not doing any criticism, i was just asking because im tired of using so many diffrent exchanges. And yes, i know that you and your team is working hard on Phantom.

We understand your criticism, Vaccinus, but if you want to see the progress we are making we urge you to look into our GitHub commit history, as mentioned a few posts above. Of course not every average altcoin enthusiast can fully estimate what is happening, but even a short look should tell that we are actively working on our roadmap Smiley

Activity: 406

Activity: 194
Please take a look at the letter posted by the "DAO Attacker". I know that Shift is not vulnerable to this same attack, but the legal precedent he stated. I am glad the Shift had the vision to omit the default DAO code.

The attacker joined the DAO slack and posted btw. http://pastebin.com/CcGUBgDG

https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/744127007122821121

We are very confident to say that Ethereum's core technology is perfectly safe because Vitalik Buterin has a brilliant mind and a great team. But the whole story shows how rushing new implementations simply for the cause of adding a feature to the list can potentially be a bad decision. Ethereum and Shift are at the forefront of innovation and innovation will always take a lot of time and expertise to deploy safely for everyone to use.

Our lead developers have put a lot of time into developing Phantom as a solid base on which we will build our whole ecosystem. Enabling people to easily and most importantly safely create and share content is our highest priority. Smart contracts are among that content too, but only when the time and technology is right.

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Please take a look at the letter posted by the "DAO Attacker". I know that Shift is not vulnerable to this same attack, but the legal precedent he stated. I am glad the Shift had the vision to omit the default DAO code.

The attacker joined the DAO slack and posted btw. http://pastebin.com/CcGUBgDG

https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/744127007122821121
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
hope to see shift in 1 dollar mark.

I am still busy to accumulate shift and hope this will be a successful project.
Good thing $SHF never copied that DAO code! Ethereum went blah.

Ethereum is a new frontier, both in possibilities and in risk, so we are very careful what code we adopt. There were very early signs that the DAO code could be vulnerable, so we chose not to use it.

User safety is one of our highest concerns with the new technology we release.

Activity: 196
hope to see shift in 1 dollar mark.
Activity: 176
does the official "pool.shiftnrg.org" supports claymore's miner? and what conf should i use? Thanks

Open-ethereum pool implementation support claymore dual miner. So shf.miners-zone.net will works. Here is example:

Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -mode 0 -esm 0 -allcoins 1 -epool shf.miners-zone.net:58008/your_wallet/rig1 -ewal your_wallet -eworker rig1 -epsw x -dcri 30 -dpool stratum+tcp://your_decred_pool:pool_port -dwal account.rigname -dpsw x
Activity: 182
Good thing $SHF never copied that DAO code! Ethereum went blah.
Activity: 458
SHIFT‬ has just been added to the vote list on Rawx.io, a future altcoin exchange with social features, VOTE for SHIFT! https://rawx.io/poll.html

Keep voting!
Activity: 241
Shift is scheduled for delisting 22 June on bleutrade.

it is not critical, bleutrade has no effect on the coin, their turnovers for all pairs is very small, even funny and you can tell that this is a dead market.
Shift is scheduled for delisting 22 June on bleutrade.

Hi GKar,

we are aware and are in contact with Bleutrade. Thank you for the notice!

Jump to: