Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 238. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 500
damn i missed all the dump, damn people should keep on dumping!!
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Those Orphans aren't a  problem of the network, I have them on the pool too, its pretty normal with those quick block times...

Exp has 60 seconds. Same there. This is a new issue. Not seen it before. But if people dont care about the stale blocks all of you can continue as normal on ocminers pool. We rather see that you solo mine to help secure the network.

They try to have 60 but it is rather 20 or 30 mostly.  

You will never have any stales or orphans -  with or without pool

maaaan I wish it was 30 again, its mostly 3-4 mins now. In the last 1000 blocks we have had 2 stales though. so :/

Which has alot to do with how the difficulty retargets in eth.

Nice to see you here. Yeah.. the difficulty adjustment takes time Sad ok good to hear that you have fewer stale blocks. Thinking about raising the blocktime. I get a feeling that the blockdata does not have the time to propagate fully between mined blocks.

Regards
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Those Orphans aren't a  problem of the network, I have them on the pool too, its pretty normal with those quick block times...

Exp has 60 seconds. Same there. This is a new issue. Not seen it before. But if people dont care about the stale blocks all of you can continue as normal on ocminers pool. We rather see that you solo mine to help secure the network.

You will never have any stales or orphans -  with or without pool

maaaan I wish it was 30 again, its mostly 3-4 mins now. In the last 1000 blocks we have had 2 stales though. so :/

Which has alot to do with how the difficulty retargets in eth.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

For the sake of the network and decentralisation, I would be more than happy to help with graphic design and html/css of any new pool created specifically for Shift (Free of charge)
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000
Peaky Blinder
edit: Why you doesn't make one more pool to split the hashrate?

He's right there should be at least one more pool.

EDIT: Next time inform community first, when you ask pool operator to shut down pool of any reason.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

You will never have any stales or orphans -  with or without pool
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Now it is clear
 Could you add  explanation to official page? All users should be able to find information quickly without mess and untrusted atmosphere. That the way how panic behave.

Best wishes,

We won't be putting up a permanent statement until we know exactly what's causing the issue.

We will however monitor the network and the thread closely for the time being.

The Shift Team

legendary
Those Orphans aren't a  problem of the network, I have them on the pool too, its pretty normal with those quick block times...
Activity: 414
Now it is clear
 Could you add  explanation to official page? All users should be able to find information quickly without mess and untrusted atmosphere. That the way how panic behave.

Best wishes,
The Shift Team
Thanks for letting us know, but can't you work on more general fix than asking the only pool to close?

That is how mining works. The miners secure the network. There is no general fix. Also this is up to ocminer and the community to decide. We wont force anyone.. we cant really.
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
Thanks for letting us know, but can't you work on more general fix than asking the only pool to close?
edit: Why you doesn't make one more pool to split the hashrate?
The Shift Team
I'm closing the SHIFT Pool due to Dev's request in about an hour or two.

Please switch your miners either to solo mining or to the other ETH pools (Expanse or Ethereum).

Thanks

oc

Sounds suspicious.

In the past few hours bears are beating bulls here.

What is suspicious? Strange choice of words.

Could you please explain why you asked the pool to close?

We are experience networking issues with a lot of queud blocks. You see this in the output in shift as (imported 0 blocks (1 queud)). Alot of users have contacted us per PM that they mine on stale blocks. Blocks gets invalidated. Right now there is a huge centralization in ocminers pool since he owns the network pretty much. Our theory is that ocminers pool are causing this right now. If there were more solo miners it should work ok, but now its very few. This is for everyones best and in their own interest. Do you think that we like to hurt our own currency?

These things are very hard to error search. If this does not help. Mine on ocminers pool again. Also.. people are telling me that they experince the same thing on expanse
Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Please switch your miners either to solo mining or to the other ETH pools (Expanse or Ethereum).

Thanks

oc

Sounds suspicious.

Coin is dead?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Thanks

oc

Sounds suspicious.

The Shift Team

Thanks

oc

Sounds suspicious.

legendary
what? why?

The Dev contacted me a requested a shutdown of the pool, I hope he'll explain, as far as I was informed it has something todo with blocks mined in the future ?!

I'm not sure what the Pool has to do with that as the pools address is public and you can check the mined blocks from the block explorer.

EDIT: FYI I'll let the pool run if you (the miners) decide to continue mining - don't worry I won't close it under load Smiley
Activity: 414

Thanks

oc

Sounds suspicious.

Activity: 311
Jump to: