Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 234. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Advise how to overcome the security of the computer and the router and get synchronization network?

What problem are you having?

You mean mining in a LAN with multiple computers? It's pretty simple. Just launch Shift with the options:

Code:
--rpc --rpcaddr [computer's local IP] --shiftbase [your shift account]

For example mine looks like:

Code:
shift-windows-amd64.exe --rpc --rpcaddr 192.168.0.5 --shiftbase 0x8ab5e9b6fbfe45c8403ea6b17c3cb95d661c8226 console

Then point your miners to that computer, e.g.

Code:
ethminer -G -F 192.168.0.5:53901 --farm-recheck 100

If Shift isn't syncing at all then a little firewall management and port forwarding might be in order depending on how tight your security is. Also make sure you're using the latest version and that your system time is accurate. I had an issue a while ago where my system clock got ahead and the client wouldn't sync.
Activity: 11

THanks for all of the cheap coins! This is a great coin. I look forward to it switching to PoS. I will be making DApps for this platform at that time.

Awesome, I look forwards to the switch to PoS myself. 

Hopefully sooner than later.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
IMO there are way too many people pool mining considering how low the difficulty is. Not trying to discredit suprnova, because the operator is trustworthy and I understand the necessity of pools, but I'd feel much better knowing that they don't control ~80% of the network. At 315MH/s I'm finding a block every 5 minutes mining solo, and the SHF goes straight to my account. No middleman, no waiting for confirmations, and no lost profit due to fees and latency.

Even with just one 280x you'll find a block approximately every hour at the current difficulty. So if you're currently mining in the pool consider switching to solo for a while until the network grows. If you need help setting it up I can give some advice.
Advise how to overcome the security of the computer and the router and get synchronization network?
Activity: 5
IMO there are way too many people pool mining considering how low the difficulty is. Not trying to discredit suprnova, because the operator is trustworthy and I understand the necessity of pools, but I'd feel much better knowing that they don't control ~80% of the network. At 315MH/s I'm finding a block every 5 minutes mining solo, and the SHF goes straight to my account. No middleman, no waiting for confirmations, and no lost profit due to fees and latency.

Even with just one 280x you'll find a block approximately every hour at the current difficulty. So if you're currently mining in the pool consider switching to solo for a while until the network grows. If you need help setting it up I can give some advice.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

THanks for all of the cheap coins! This is a great coin. I look forward to it switching to PoS. I will be making DApps for this platform at that time.

Yes, it is a great coin, skilled devs and we all going to be rich. Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Following on Twitter too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Activity: 364
How many total coins?

Here's something that might be worth knowing too.

Let's compare:

Expanse, 11,000,000 premine with 1,100,000 available immediately. Block target 1 minute and 8 EXP block reward. 4,207,680 EXP mined per year. Time to match premine = 2 years, 7 1/2 months

Ethereum, 72,000,000 premine to prerelease investors, devs, contributors, and their foundation. Block target 15 seconds and 5 Ether block reward. 10,519,200 Ether mined (and staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 6 years 10 months

Shift, 250,000 premine. Block target 12 seconds (in theory, its first post says average blocktime is higher) and 3 SHF block reward. 7,889,400 (theoretical) mined (or staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 12 days.

Edit: Shift target is 11 seconds, so math is slightly off, but you get the picture.

Nice comparison!

Note: We have recently changed our target block time.

Activity: 458
How many total coins?

Here's something that might be worth knowing too.

Let's compare:

Expanse, 11,000,000 premine with 1,100,000 available immediately. Block target 1 minute and 8 EXP block reward. 4,207,680 EXP mined per year. Time to match premine = 2 years, 7 1/2 months

Ethereum, 72,000,000 premine to prerelease investors, devs, contributors, and their foundation. Block target 15 seconds and 5 Ether block reward. 10,519,200 Ether mined (and staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 6 years 10 months

Shift, 250,000 premine. Block target 12 seconds (in theory, its first post says average blocktime is higher) and 3 SHF block reward. 7,889,400 (theoretical) mined (or staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 12 days.

Edit: Shift target is 11 seconds, so math is slightly off, but you get the picture.
legendary
Peaky Blinder

So, you confirm my thoughts.
Look like devs from eth and shf cooperate each other.

Well I can neither confirm nor deny that our lead dev is indeed a certain V. Buterin Roll Eyes

sorry, I meant EXP

Well I can neither confirm nor deny that our lead dev is indeed a certain V. Buterin Roll Eyes

How many total coins?

It's a bit below 600k at the moment.

You can check the up to date current supply any time here:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shift/

As currently planned, there will be 2 Mill coins mined before a switch to Pos/ Pow-Pos will be considered.

However, this might change as things progress Wink

legendary
Peaky Blinder
It would be nice if you showed us your real nicknames (who is behind shiftteam). If you were developing other coins in past tell us about it, so miners/investors could know if you are skilled and is it worth to wait.

I'm not trying to FUD or HYPE. I know it's not a bitcoin clone, but I'm tired of newbie dev accoounts.

Regards  

We have already proven our selfs. Its up to you, do what you think is best Smiley

Kind regards

Not everyone has to go public to prove they are worth our support, people in this forum view going public has a sign of are your a scammer of altcoins or not, then if they coin goes wrong they want to know who to blame and who to make memes of.

if they could get close to an ETH level of development they have proven them self's, then again if a public dev wants to take on the task of making shift better without all the crazy funding hype of what ETH has Shift is the right place.

snip

snip

snip

Im not sure what you're trying to get at here. If you are saying that the core team behind shift is also the core team behind exp then you are totally wrong.

Thank you for POLITE answer (not like rude shiftteam ).
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
How many total coins?
Activity: 840
It would be nice if you showed us your real nicknames (who is behind shiftteam). If you were developing other coins in past tell us about it, so miners/investors could know if you are skilled and is it worth to wait.

I'm not trying to FUD or HYPE. I know it's not a bitcoin clone, but I'm tired of newbie dev accoounts.

Regards  

We have already proven our selfs. Its up to you, do what you think is best Smiley

Kind regards

Not everyone has to go public to prove they are worth our support, people in this forum view going public has a sign of are your a scammer of altcoins or not, then if they coin goes wrong they want to know who to blame and who to make memes of.

if they could get close to an ETH level of development they have proven them self's, then again if a public dev wants to take on the task of making shift better without all the crazy funding hype of what ETH has Shift is the right place.

snip

snip

snip

Im not sure what you're trying to get at here. If you are saying that the core team behind shift is also the core team behind exp then you are totally wrong.
legendary
Peaky Blinder

Regards 

Kind regards

Yes they have proven them self, but (it's only my opinion) for me it looks like shift has been made only as a test coin with no further purpose.
The main coin is EXP. SHF is only for testing: wallets, block time/size and technical stuff.

As I wrote it's only my opinion

most alt coins are testcoins, anything that begins on this forum is a testing concept no matter if is a technical, social or idealist.

legendary
Activity: 1008

Regards 

Kind regards

Yes they have proven them self, but (it's only my opinion) for me it looks like shift has been made only as a test coin with no further purpose.
The main coin is EXP. SHF is only for testing: wallets, block time/size and technical stuff.

most alt coins are testcoins, anything that begins on this forum is a testing concept no matter if is a technical, social or idealist.
legendary
Peaky Blinder

Regards 

Kind regards

Regards 

It doesn't matter who is behind the coin in terms of identities.

Satoshi Nakamoto was anonymous, it didn't hurt the coin in any way. VNL's John Connor is a pseudonym too, still strong development.

On the contrary, LTC, VRC, TRON and many more had publicly known devs.. Didn't help them in any way..

Regards 

Well you have mine Cheesy but I'm not really a core team member.

Yes you are.. Why shouldn't you be? Smiley

Jump to: