Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 236. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 599
Merit: 500
what was the main reason why we change to 25sec block , it look like that great news for pool miner  but as a solo miner trying to help the network and not just pool mine and dump it suck . the pool is now hitting 70% of the block where before they use to hit 50%

also why does the mining Diff climb up so fast , but take forever to fall
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
my sync just continued from last block a week ago, no problems took 1h from 40k i was to 100k block now

My wallet synced in less than a minute.

I still haven't sold my SHF yet, just wanted to point that out.....Cool

I downloaded today and was synced in just a couple of minutes.  Nothing to be concerned about.
Activity: 601
New ShiftWallet Error:

Command line:
Code:
./ShiftWallet 
"{\"id\":12,\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"result\":null}"

BAIL[ false ]:  "Result object undefined in IPC response for request: personal_listAccountTransactions"

Console:
I0924 23:37:34.347029   22068 downloader.go:278] Block synchronisation started
I0924 23:37:35.403041   22068 chain_manager.go:671] imported 0 block(s) (0 queued 1 ignored) including 0 txs in 847.977076ms. #105941 [a0cc5c88 / a0cc5c88]
Error reading transactions from SQL database is locked
I0924 23:38:53.898034   22068 chain_manager.go:671] imported 256 block(s) (0 queued 0 ignored) including 58 txs in 1m18.494789587s. #106197 [603d7ddb / e75b362f]
Activity: 518
my sync just continued from last block a week ago, no problems took 1h from 40k i was to 100k block now

My wallet synced in less than a minute.

I still haven't sold my SHF yet, just wanted to point that out.....Cool
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
https://shift.etherchain.org/statistics/basic

We need everyone to upgrade to version 0.4.0. Now its 77.6% that is running v0.4.0. Not good enough.

Regards

different with v0.3
this took a long time to sync

i hope i dont missed my old coin on my 0.3 wallet

Syncing took me a long time on 0.4 wallet. It took over 2 hours.

Sync from which state? Block 0? And in that case, why did you sync from block 0? This does not make sense at all. When you upgrade you simply stop the shift client, switch binary and start it again..

Regards
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

We need everyone to upgrade to version 0.4.0. Now its 77.6% that is running v0.4.0. Not good enough.

Regards

different with v0.3

Syncing took me a long time on 0.4 wallet. It took over 2 hours.
Activity: 347

Regards

different with v0.3

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Was out for a while, how's the project going? Smiley

Progress, new gui wallet out soon. Working on another interesting function. Wont say more until we are sure that its working.

Regards

When can expect some more info about "interesting functions" and what about website

When the development stage is in beta. Makes no sense to announce stuff before they are semi-done. We are not here to hype anything if that is what you are hoping for.

Regards

I'm not hoping for hype. You said that we'll have some interesting function. I only asked when?

We all know how this forum is, i respect the dev team trying to release information about what is semi done to give a more solid statement when is announce.

Yes exactly there is no point in committing to a date because thanks to the nature of this forum it will only lead to negative consequences.
legendary
Activity: 1008

Progress, new gui wallet out soon. Working on another interesting function. Wont say more until we are sure that its working.

Regards

When can expect some more info about "interesting functions" and what about website

When the development stage is in beta. Makes no sense to announce stuff before they are semi-done. We are not here to hype anything if that is what you are hoping for.

Regards

I'm not hoping for hype. You said that we'll have some interesting function. I only asked when?

We all know how this forum is, i respect the dev team trying to release information about what is semi done to give a more solid statement when is announce.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Regards

Regards

The Shift Team

Regards

Regards
Activity: 840

Regards

The website is on track and I will not commit  to a date. However, I am looking for members to test the site before its goes live so that I can get some feedback. If anyone is interested in that please pm.
Avg. Block time per last 100 blocks: 17,7s

Regards

Perhaps the nodes should reject connections to old v0.3 nodes?
The Shift Team

Regards
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Regards

Both are being worked on.

There are several features being discussed, the website is steadily progressing too.

Activity: 182
can we please activate hybrid PoW-PoS so it rewards early miner that haven't dump

That's actually a pretty good idea and would likely go a long way to encourage holding rather than selling.

Once Ethereum goes PoS things are gonna get crazy. No more PoW mining. 100% premined coins that are just as secure as bitcoin. Wow.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Regards

Activity: 518
Those Orphans aren't a  problem of the network, I have them on the pool too, its pretty normal with those quick block times...

Exp has 60 seconds. Same there. This is a new issue. Not seen it before. But if people dont care about the stale blocks all of you can continue as normal on ocminers pool. We rather see that you solo mine to help secure the network.

They try to have 60 but it is rather 20 or 30 mostly.  

You will never have any stales or orphans -  with or without pool

maaaan I wish it was 30 again, its mostly 3-4 mins now. In the last 1000 blocks we have had 2 stales though. so :/

Which has alot to do with how the difficulty retargets in eth.

Nice to see you here. Yeah.. the difficulty adjustment takes time Sad ok good to hear that you have fewer stale blocks. Thinking about raising the blocktime. I get a feeling that the blockdata does not have the time to propagate fully between mined blocks.

Regards

That was my concern also, which is the main motivator for me to raise the blocktime. Gustav Simonsson pretty much called me a moron for doing so, and Vitalik said "it doesnt matter if its inefficient", but the fact is, there is a limited amount of stales that can go in the chain as an uncle and higher blocktime target just makes ghost that much more effective. Is 30 seconds good, is 60 seconds good, or is bitcoins 10 mins good? I'm not certain but a good starting point for me was 1 min due to my experience running FRK which is 30 seconds. They however said that my previous experience was invalid because I didnt write a blog post about it giving simulations and lots of fuzzy feelgood fluff. Even though blocktime has been discussed on this forum since this forum was first made.

Great to see both devs from the first two ETH clones collaborating, that's the definition of a good community for all of cryptos.
Jump to: