Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 267. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
 Grin  P-R-O-M-O-T-E-D!  Grin

Does this look about right?

Activity: 518

Cool, I'm running 3x HD 7970's, virtually an old version of the 280x. I get 71 MHS for the 3 cards on SHIFT and 68 MHS on Ethereum.
71 each or all three? I have around 70 on 4x270, 71 for 3x7970 is pretty slow, i think.

UPD. Maybe not. You are a thousand shaders ahead, but probably lower clocked.

71 for all 3, I have 2x XFX DD core editions and a MSI. The MSI does 25 MHS by itself, the XFX's are slower at 22.5~23 MHS each (Usually that average for HD 7970/280x).

damn you guys are packing heat with all those gpus, i have been mining with one 270 just to get some extra coins.

6 Sapphire R9 290x Trixx at ~165Mh  Wink

Right on.

I feel the HD 7970/280x are better power efficiency/ hash power, but the 290x/390x are the highest single core for the hash power. Sad that the R9 Fury/FuryX/Nano don't do that well.

I'd like to have some HD 7990's or R9 295x2, that would make scalability way better, fitting more cores per rigs...lol
Activity: 658

Cool, I'm running 3x HD 7970's, virtually an old version of the 280x. I get 71 MHS for the 3 cards on SHIFT and 68 MHS on Ethereum.
71 each or all three? I have around 70 on 4x270, 71 for 3x7970 is pretty slow, i think.

71 for all 3, I have 2x XFX DD core editions and a MSI. The MSI does 25 MHS by itself, the XFX's are slower at 22.5~23 MHS each (Usually that average for HD 7970/280x).

damn you guys are packing heat with all those gpus, i have been mining with one 270 just to get some extra coins.

6 Sapphire R9 290x Trixx at ~165Mh  Wink
Activity: 583

Im wondering if some of the ETH fans will be swinging by here.

I mine both this and ETH, I mix up my mining with going back and forth on them, I only have one rig at the moment...lol
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Im wondering if some of the ETH fans will be swinging by here.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250

This isn't the best tutorial, but it might help: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12306597

Earlier post in the thread.

What R9 200 series card are you running?

Thanks....280x

This isn't the best tutorial, but it might help: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12306597

Thanks....280x
Ok trying to solomine this bad boy on my W8.1 rig...

I did the following:

Downloaded installed "shift-windows-386"
Downloaded installed "ShiftWallet_0_9_1"

Wallet up and running and connected to 8 peers

Then followed the instructions here http://cryptomining-blog.com/5344-quick-guide-on-solo-gpu-mining-ethereum-on-windows/

Starting geth for solo mining:
– To listen for connections only on the local system type: geth --rpc --rpcaddr "localhost" --rpcport 8545

and

Starting ethminer for solo mining:
– For local system mining with ethminer on the same PC that geth is running on use: ethminer -G

However it doesn't appear to be mining.

Did i miss a step?

Do NOT use manuals for ethereum. Shift isnt ethereum. Look at ANN, there you will have all the instructions you need, please. This is NOT geth, there exists NO flag called --etherbase.

EDIT: got a bit upset, but please read the ann.

Regards

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hey guys, does anyone happen to know the current mining cost?

Unless you can rent ETH hash somewhere there's no real comparable mining cost?

For comparison: You get ~40 SHF with 35 MH at diff 70.

Looks like difficulty is going back up slightly.
legendary
Activity: 1008

use this http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/ it should be about the same.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
lol sorry  Shocked

People kept referencing the crytomining blog tutorial so....  Undecided

Please hold while I give it a go....  Grin

You're almost done, just add:

geth --etherbase 1

to your geth call
lol sorry  Shocked

People kept referencing the crytomining blog tutorial so....  Undecided

Please hold while I give it a go....  Grin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I haven't looked at solo mining but you should find all the infos you need in the wiki.

https://github.com/shiftcurrency/shift/wiki/Mining
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team

I did the following:

Then followed the instructions here http://cryptomining-blog.com/5344-quick-guide-on-solo-gpu-mining-ethereum-on-windows/

– To listen for connections only on the local system type: geth --rpc --rpcaddr "localhost" --rpcport 8545

and

– For local system mining with ethminer on the same PC that geth is running on use: ethminer -G

Did i miss a step?

Do NOT use manuals for ethereum. Shift isnt ethereum. Look at ANN, there you will have all the instructions you need, please. This is NOT geth, there exists NO flag called --etherbase.

EDIT: got a bit upset, but please read the ann.

Regards
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

I did the following:

and

Did i miss a step?

I believe you have to add geth --etherbase 1  or geth --etherbase 0 when you start geth
Activity: 329
Merit: 250

I did the following:

and

Did i miss a step?

1. start shift-windows-386
2. create an account
3. wait until your client is full syncronized (until it starts importing just one block a time above block #21955)
4. start ethminer
Jump to: