Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 266. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Is it just me or does the block explorer not work? I've mined a couple of blocks but putting address in the block explorer shows nothing
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
there is a good amount of cheap video cards on ebay right, i might grab a few to setup a rig. how long is the mining period for ?

Until 2mil is reached, than a voting will occur to continue pow or pow/pos hybrid or total pos.

Thanks for the info, whats the current supply if im not wrong there is 18k in new coins everyday.

As of this typing, we are at 24,408. So, 24,408 x 3 = 73,224 approximately, that's not including uncles...
Activity: 583
there is a good amount of cheap video cards on ebay right, i might grab a few to setup a rig. how long is the mining period for ?

Until 2mil is reached, than a voting will occur to continue pow or pow/pos hybrid or total pos.

Thanks for the info, whats the current supply if im not wrong there is 18k in new coins everyday.

More shit-look, less questions Grin

And here i am, removing the dust from my rigs on a daily base with a little brush between every fanblade and cooling fin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Badass setup mate  Wink

Looks like a good old LGA 775 board...lol

But pci-e risers would be good to keep temps low, which in turn decrease power leakage. Risers are cheap on ebay and amazon.

Activity: 658

And here i am, removing the dust from my rigs on a daily base with a little brush between every fanblade and cooling fin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Badass setup mate  Wink
Yes, but 165/6=27.5 per gpu and i have about 65-70% of hash power for less than 50% price.

Impossible. I have 1 rig with 1 motherboard, 1 cpu, 1 sdd & 2 psu.
You have 50% of my price for your rig, only having a 65% hashrate, you need to continue that line until you meet my hashrate and get the total costs of THAT setup.

You'll see that in the longer end, it's more expensive. I've started out like that and had 5 rigs running for the same hashrate that i've got 2 rigs running now.
You will need 3x more PSU, SDD, motherboard, CPU's, .....

Fine for me, as i said earlier  Smiley I just can't setup a giant monster with 2 psu's and GPU'S on risers at work. I am prefer 6 ''usual'' computers in usual cases.

True, your job might start questioning you why you have a open system with risers...lmfao

I'm trying to reduce my 2x 850 watt corsair psus to one 1300 watt evga supernova that I got for $50 US, but still need to buy the cables for it...lol That will probably increase my efficiency to around 750 watts, I know there some power leakage running two psus oppose to a single one.

Maybe down clock the memory on the gpus, seem like the Eth hash algo is more responsive to core OC'ing than memory....
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Yes, but 165/6=27.5 per gpu and i have about 65-70% of hash power for less than 50% price.

You have 50% of my price for your rig, only having a 65% hashrate, you need to continue that line until you meet my hashrate and get the total costs of THAT setup.

You'll see that in the longer end, it's more expensive. I've started out like that and had 5 rigs running for the same hashrate that i've got 2 rigs running now.

Fine for me, as i said earlier  Smiley
But for me electricity is free, and even more, old 775 dual pci-e mobos, shitty cases, cpu's and more or less ''standart'' psu's are free too Wink
I just can't setup a giant monster with 2 psu's and GPU'S on risers at work. I am prefer 6 ''usual'' (and free) computers in usual cases.

6 Sapphire R9 290x Trixx at ~165Mh  Wink
After mining with various algos i am more and more sure what 7850/7870/270 have the best speed/price ratio.

You always have to factor in scalability too. More hash power per rig. Because if you have to build two or more rigs with the same hash power of 6x 290x, you might end up using more power. Because you still have to power another mobo and cpu per rig, just my advice and opinion on it.

People in the crypto realm will always argue power efficiency and others will argue scalability. Like in servers or computing in the IT world, people will balance power efficiency, but put a premium on scalability. I side towards scalability personally.

To power each additional rig will be an extra 75 watts to 120 watts for the mobo, cpu and other components plus the cost of the base setup, even if those components are mostly at idle. Then you have to factor space issues also. Power cost kind of goes out the door once you have enough hash power to compensate, exception if your in an area where electricity is too expensive. My rate are 16.8 cents baseline and 33 cents peak/over base line per kwh in California.

I'm doing about 790 watts shown on a kill-a-watt meter for my current setup.

Can you post your exact setup. Im interested.

(Sorry if you already posted it somewhere)

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
Standart .bat file. 1150MHz gpu. Or you mean rig hardware?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

6 Sapphire R9 290x Trixx at ~165Mh  Wink
After mining with various algos i am more and more sure what 7850/7870/270 have the best speed/price ratio.

You always have to factor in scalability too. More hash power per rig. Because if you have to build two or more rigs with the same hash power of 6x 290x, you might end up using more power. Because you still have to power another mobo and cpu per rig, just my advice and opinion on it.

Can you post your exact setup. Im interested.

(Sorry if you already posted it somewhere)

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

But for me electricity is free, and even more, old 775 dual pci-e mobos, shitty cases, cpu's and more or less ''standart'' psu's are free too Wink

Damn if shift gets more support from the community watch people building rigs back again.

Lucky I kept one rig for gpu mining. I was slowly selling all my AMD rigs. lol

This seems like the second coming/renascence of gpu mining. Gpu mining hasn't been profitable since the early stages of X11 mining on Darkcoin.

Damn if shift gets more support from the community watch people building rigs back again.

After mining with various algos i am more and more sure, what 7850/7870/270 have the best speed/price ratio.

Price is relative. I've got a great deal on the Trixx cards, bought them for around 220€/pcs.
Electricity is free. So i go for the highest power for my bucks and space on my rigs  Wink

I could buy some R9 270x for ~85€ cheaper, but it only gives me half the hashrate, so there is no profit made at all since i need another rig, another motherboard, another cpu, another psu, to get the same results

After mining with various algos i am more and more sure, what 7850/7870/270 have the best speed/price ratio.
Grin  P-R-O-M-O-T-E-D!  Grin

Does this look about right?

Yup, looks like your happily hashing away....lol
Jump to: