Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 304. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
It will not be another delay. Doing some final adjustments regarding difficulty. Will be half of ethereums initial diff in genesis. We mined with 40MH with ethminer, but the difficulty was too high, so we must lower it. This is turn means a new default_genesis.go and crosscompiling new binarys and moving these out to bootstraping nodes, you get it.. :p

Will use the same ethminer from Ethereum or we will have a new one?

Yes the same one as in ethereum. You will get info soon.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
It will not be another delay. Doing some final adjustments regarding difficulty. Will be half of ethereums initial diff in genesis. We mined with 40MH with ethminer, but the difficulty was too high, so we must lower it. This is turn means a new default_genesis.go and crosscompiling new binarys and moving these out to bootstraping nodes, you get it.. :p

Will use the same ethminer from Ethereum or we will have a new one?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Will this be mineable with ubuntu 14.04?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

You can try CPU  mining. There will be a pool soon too. Then you can also buy coins. This could be a huge coin. I would try to get as many as possible.

Thank you, I wish easy blocks for you Grin
sorry for asking stupid questions: I do not have a powerful GPU should I try CPU mining for Shift coin or just ignore mining and wait for buying time?

You can try CPU  mining. There will be a pool soon too. Then you can also buy coins. This could be a huge coin. I would try to get as many as possible.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
I'm watching this! Hopefully this coin will be good.

Also, hopefully I will catch lower difficult blocks with my miner..  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
i read the whole thread now...
ethminer from ethereum isn't working, right?
so you release your own miner in the next minutes, also right?

and so i think the wallet will also be released in the next minutes?

i am a bit of...adrenalized  Tongue
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
sorry for asking stupid questions: I do not have a powerful GPU should I try CPU mining for Shift coin or just ignore mining and wait for buying time?
The Shift Team

I only have around 25MH so thank you for lowering the difficulty!

The difficulty will be adjusted by the algorithm soon enough anyway. But those who are in it from the start will get blocks easier Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
From Russia with love

I only have around 25MH so thank you for lowering the difficulty!
The Shift Team
Activity: 280
From Russia with love
The dev isn't here talking. He must be busy working. It sounds like another delay.

Let's hope not
The dev isn't here talking. He must be busy working. It sounds like another delay.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500

Lol good one, but seriously how are you guys going to be mining this? Will a mining be built into the wallet?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
That's exactly what I thought, too, when I read this thread the first time. Ethereum did make a bad performance now regarding their launch and user friendliness.

That's what we need right now. Ethereum fork! I hope this becomes better than Ethereum.
Just like Monero did to Bytecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
How will this be mined?
Activity: 308
Guys... Cloning Ethereum is not the same as a regular copy paste coin... It is a rather new code. That takes a lot of time and effort to study all of its functions

You've earned my respect when the launch goes well dev. I wish you the best of luck Smiley

Totally agree. Maybe this is really the beginning of a new era of coins Smiley
The Shift Team
what is the algo for this, i have no knowledge bout ETH, or will it be a simple install n run it application?

We will put up some information on how to get things running. It will be quite a few steps. You run it by regular executables (.exe)..

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Chipcoin Developer
Guys... Cloning Ethereum is not the same as a regular copy paste coin... It is a rather new code. That takes a lot of time and effort to study all of its functions

You've earned my respect when the launch goes well dev. I wish you the best of luck Smiley
Jump to: