Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 44. (Read 157733 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 02, 2014, 06:51:21 AM
I have a question

Technically 20% of the total supply is yours, which is actually quite alarming. This will be the biggest held position in a crypto currency as far as i know.

Please justify
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
June 02, 2014, 04:05:58 AM
This only make sense after the IPO closes and prior to the SIM software ready with main-net SIMCoins.  And if there is considerable time in between these two events.

Yes, there will be a "considerable time" between the end of the IPO and production wallets, because we will be using Test Net with monopoly money first.

But there will be a real exchange in just a few weeks after the IPO, where you can deposit/withdraw BTC and trade with comfort of a centralized solution.

So NXT AE seems like a lot of work for not much return...
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 02, 2014, 02:55:15 AM

I don't understand your suggestion.
There is no point to go to Nxt AE while the IPO is still open here (price on AE will be the price here)
And when the IPO closes here there will be an exchange from sim.
so the only advantage is that it will let people that already invested in Sim and want to sell their stake @ market price / small loss.

This only make sense after the IPO closes and prior to the SIM software ready with main-net SIMCoins.  And if there is considerable time in between these two events.
legendary
Activity: 882
June 02, 2014, 02:27:43 AM
This is not another IPO. It is unborn-coin inside another coin with trading possibility.
What, like a derivative? Smiley
There will be a real exchange in a few weeks after the IPO is closed.
It might be interesting. Let's say 200 BTC were invested. You release Sim asset on Nxt AE. 1 token for every 0.1 BTC invested, it means that 1 token represents 200'000 SIM (if I did the math right). So you release 2000 tokens and distribute them among investors. For instance, I invested 3.5 BTC, so I'm getting 35 tokens which represent 7'000'000 SIM. After you send tokens we're able to buy/sell them on AE. After you launch the coin asset owners send you tokens and get real coins for them.
Why would you do that?
1. Get some publicity before the launch. Lots new people will know about Sim after it goes to AE.
2. Trading would start long before the launch and the price would be growing with time. As closer the launch as higher the price.
3. Some people not just would know about Sim but into it before it even launched.
4. Just for lulz
bad idea

I don't understand your suggestion.
There is no point to go to Nxt AE while the IPO is still open here (price on AE will be the price here)
And when the IPO closes here there will be an exchange from sim.
so the only advantage is that it will let people that already invested in Sim and want to sell their stake @ market price / small loss.
pt7
Activity: 98
June 01, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
This is not another IPO. It is unborn-coin inside another coin with trading possibility.

It might be interesting. Let's say 200 BTC were invested. You release Sim asset on Nxt AE. 1 token for every 0.1 BTC invested, it means that 1 token represents 200'000 SIM (if I did the math right). So you release 2000 tokens and distribute them among investors. For instance, I invested 3.5 BTC, so I'm getting 35 tokens which represent 7'000'000 SIM. After you send tokens we're able to buy/sell them on AE. After you launch the coin asset owners send you tokens and get real coins for them.

Why would you do that?
1. Get some publicity before the launch. Lots new people will know about Sim after it goes to AE.
2. Trading would start long before the launch and the price would be growing with time. As closer the launch as higher the price.
3. Some people not just would know about Sim but into it before it even launched.
4. Just for lulz

Also increases the distribution.  

EDIT: Link to how NEM did it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nem-nemstake-tokens-are-listed-on-nxt-asset-exchange-616467
It will add excitement but will take up some time administering this.  If it cannot be delegated it might not be a worth the distraction from development.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
June 01, 2014, 07:05:40 PM

Why would you do that?
4. Just for lulz
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
June 01, 2014, 06:45:29 PM
Please continue deleting

Dude, what are you complaining about? That was a rhetorical question, right? I.e. noise.

Do you see any big red letters that say the IPO is over? No?

Then why ask and take time from everybody who now have to read your post?

Argh... Angry

This is one of my favourite threads, if not the most. It's freaking me out when nobody reads OP or comments and post stupid questions again and again. Often it's just sockpuppets gaining Activity by posting bullshit. Kill'em all!
Simcoin Developer
June 01, 2014, 05:14:28 PM

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
June 01, 2014, 05:07:09 PM
This is not another IPO. It is unborn-coin inside another coin with trading possibility. Price in asset exchange could reflect your inovations and progress.

However if you launch working wallet and exchange in reasonable time then we will not need it.
Simcoin Developer
June 01, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
It would be great to add simcoin to Nxt AE after the IPO closes.

You mean start another round of IPO, this time via Nxt AE?

I don't think it's a good idea...
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
June 01, 2014, 04:19:10 PM
Do you plan to add SimCoin to the Nxt Asset Exchange? It would be good promotion and fast NXT <-> SIM exchange.

People could see price rise based on your new features.

It would be great to add simcoin to Nxt AE after the IPO closes.
Simcoin Developer
June 01, 2014, 10:55:56 AM
Please continue deleting

Dude, what are you complaining about? That was a rhetorical question, right? I.e. noise.

Do you see any big red letters that say the IPO is over? No?

Then why ask and take time from everybody who now have to read your post?

Argh... Angry
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 01, 2014, 10:48:35 AM
again, you deleted my post.
It's your choice that delete any post. I can still say sth in here.
Please continue deleting
Simcoin Developer
June 01, 2014, 10:44:09 AM
Do you plan to add SimCoin to the Nxt Asset Exchange? It would be good promotion and fast NXT <-> SIM exchange.

Uhm, what do you need me for? Smiley

As I understand, any investor can sell his simcoins there...
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
June 01, 2014, 10:34:32 AM

Simcoin Developer
June 01, 2014, 10:10:20 AM
Tick tock...  Tick tock...  Tick tock...    Cheesy

Darn, is it Sunday already?!

Distribution update

206 investors with 140.927 BTC.

Top 10 accounts own 20.98%, compared to 22.91% on May 25.

Deposits

Activity: 107
May 30, 2014, 10:01:39 PM
Hi,
I wonder what your plans for this coin.
The Ripple SCAM left a lesson for investors, of not trusting on centralization.
but i hope you do not make the same.
Thanks!
Simcoin Developer
May 30, 2014, 03:37:13 PM
Finally! You've got me worried there for a moment...

I even made a working prototype:

Technically, it's flying.

Now give me more money!
Simcoin Developer
May 30, 2014, 11:54:00 AM

Thank you, Internet, you big garbage dump!
Simcoin Developer
May 30, 2014, 10:45:11 AM
same thought  Grin

You all have dirty minds, chaps. It's a perfectly good name for a horse.
Pages:
Jump to: