Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 11. (Read 464087 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I have to admit this coin has one of the classiest developers and communities around. Rare thing in crypto nowadays Smiley

Even though this project doesn't get much appreciation yet, it definitely deserves it, and it should get it in time. I smell some British nobility here, even if there is no (or little) pure Englishmen involved currently.

Many thanks for the kind words!

Have a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year, Sterlingcoiners!

To 2018 and all of you, cheers!
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
I have to admit this coin has one of the classiest developers and communities around. Rare thing in crypto nowadays Smiley

Even though this project doesn't get much appreciation yet, it definitely deserves it, and it should get it in time. I smell some British nobility here, even if there is no (or little) pure Englishmen involved currently.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
To everyone in Sterlingcoinland; 

A very Merry Christmas to you all, most especially to our esteemed Head of Development, Mr Steven Saxton.   Cheesy

Let's resolve to make 2018 the year that Sterlingcoin joins the big leagues!!  Wink

Sterling Sentinel

I like the sound of that resolution!   Cool

Merry Christmas everyone!  Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)
To everyone in Sterlingcoinland; 

A very Merry Christmas to you all, most especially to our esteemed Head of Development, Mr Steven Saxton.   Cheesy

Let's resolve to make 2018 the year that Sterlingcoin joins the big leagues!!  Wink

Sterling Sentinel
legendary

Merry Christmas, Sterlingcoiners!
legendary
Good day, Sterlingcoiners!

Bleutrade finally responded to my ticket:

Dear Steven, thank you for the information. We will be starting work on the 14th to bring Sterling back to normal. We are having a high demand for work in the last few days, for this reason we ask for understanding because of the delay in some problems.
Best regards,
Bleutrade Team.

With any luck, https://bleutrade.com/exchange/SLG/BTC will be out of maintenance today or tommorrow. I will of course respond to the ticket; thanking them, pointing them to a recent snapshot, and offering any of my assistance should they need it.

Have a great day!

EDIT: Bleutrade has been verified to be working with a test deposit.

legendary
Activity: 1260
All good man, no worries....thanks for getting back!

Happy holidays to everyone at Sterling:-)
legendary
Ya me too lol, the response times on these exchanges sometimes is baffling!

In Bluetrade's defense, the recent network hiccup might have forked them and only weeks after a previous fork. I have now copied Bluetrade the support ticket from Vultr which explains. Here is a quote from that:

Quote from: Vultr support

In this case, there appears to have been an error with regards to the reporting of the reboot, and you may not have received this email as would be expected. We reiterate our regrets and thank you for your understanding as our efforts to maintain 100% uptime continue.

Regards,
Eric (last name removed)
System Administrator

Perhaps I should have included the Vultr support ticket with my original Bluetrade ticket to backup the claim. Hopefully Bluetrade will now be understanding of this demanding their resources again and not fault Sterlingcoin. I do think this will be the case, but can understand the delay since it might have appeared as a recurring issue.

Thanks for understanding. It should be sorted very soon.

EDIT (3 days later) : Still no response from Bleutrade. I politely bumped the ticket with additional and relavent information.

EDIT (a week): No response as of yet.
legendary
Ya me too lol, the response times on these exchanges sometimes is baffling!
legendary
Anybody know what's going on with Bleutrade's wallet?  Been waiting to withdraw my coins there for a while.

Thanks!

I have a 6 day old unanswered support ticket inquiring. Hopefully they will address it soon.
legendary
Anybody know what's going on with Bleutrade's wallet?  Been waiting to withdraw my coins there for a while.

Thanks!
legendary
I have done a fresh sync but I seem to be stuck on block and I have 85872 blocks remaining!

Also why can't you download/see the wallet on the site!?

Do you have any peers (connections)? Fully syncing can take a considerable amount of time, please be patient. If you have only 85k blocks to go, you have already synced 90%. I suggest leaving it open and allow it to run its course if it has any peers.

You can download the wallet from the website by clicking on your Operating System's logo on the home page. Sorry if this is not obvious. A revamp of the website is scheduled, but yet to be started. I will note this for that revamp and make some navigational download links for the interim.

Thanks for the prompt response and I will follow your guidance!

One last question, I downloaded the blockchain above but when I started the wallet my balance was empty and I had a panic!

Is this normal or will the balance appear once I am fully synced ?

Correct. Your wallet needs to catch up to the point in time when it gained a balance before it will reflect it. This is normal and no cause for alarm.

I must have done something wrong the first time as balance is from a long time ago.  Thanks for your support.  Can I recommend that you make a weekly snapshot available online, with a link under each os.  I know this would be a pain but while you only have offline wallets this will help new people.  Just a thought and thanks again.

Periodic snapshots will be made easier to access.

Glad to be of assistance and you're very welcome.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
I have done a fresh sync but I seem to be stuck on block and I have 85872 blocks remaining!

Do you have any peers (connections)? Fully syncing can take a considerable amount of time, please be patient. If you have only 85k blocks to go, you have already synced 90%. I suggest leaving it open and allow it to run its course if it has any peers.

You can download the wallet from the website by clicking on your Operating System's logo on the home page. Sorry if this is not obvious. A revamp of the website is scheduled, but yet to be started. I will note this for that revamp and make some navigational download links for the interim.

One last question, I downloaded the blockchain above but when I started the wallet my balance was empty and I had a panic!

Correct. Your wallet needs to catch up to the point in time when it gained a balance before it will reflect it. This is normal and no cause for alarm.

I must have done something wrong the first time as balance is from a long time ago.  Thanks for your support.  Can I recommend that you make a weekly snapshot available online, with a link under each os.  I know this would be a pain but while you only have offline wallets this will help new people.  Just a thought and thanks again.
legendary

legendary

At this precise moment I have 31 connections to the Sterlingcoin network.

A new personal best!!   Grin

Sterling Sentinel

Hi Steven

No need for apologies; you can't be at your desk 24/7!

I've just checked block height and block hash again; my wallet and both explorers all agree, so the problem does seem to be resolved.

Glad to have been of some small assistance in this great project!

Sterling Sentinel

legendary
@Steven Saxton

Hi Steven

I just checked the block height (as I now routinely do!) and I noticed that there is a different figure on each of the two block explorers.

SLG in-house explorer gives block height of 869750, which agrees with my wallet.

chainz.info give a figure of  869666.

Can you explain the discrepancy?

Sterling Sentinel

Hi Sterling Sentinel,

Thank you very much for bringing this to attention promptly. Sorry for the slow response, I was away from my desk.

I have already found the culprit. It seems a service provider (Vultr) needed to reboot a VPS, which did not boot cleanly. The VPS in question is the checkpoint server, pivotal in keeping nodes on the same path. This would explain the discrepancy. Nodes could not verify checkpoints. It has been corrected now.

I would be very surprised if I did miss notification of this maintenance being preformed. But, I must assume, that must have been the case. But I will investigate that after bringing nodes onto the same chain. It does seem yours, as is the in-house explorer, are correct. Chainz.info will be contacted if their wallet does not reorganize on its own. It may reorganize, now that it will fail a checkpoint with the checkpoint server running.

Again, thank you for bringing this to attention. My apologizes if I did miss the notification from vultr of their (usually network related) maintenance.

EDIT: Crisis subverted. Chainz.info is correct. Cryptoia is correct. Bluetrade is in maintenence. I will contact them, explain the network hiccup, and offer assistance. Also, I see no missed maintenance notification from Vultr and will, of course, ask them why I do not.
Pages:
Jump to: