Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 12. (Read 464052 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)
@Steven Saxton

Hi Steven

I just checked the block height (as I now routinely do!) and I noticed that there is a different figure on each of the two block explorers.

SLG in-house explorer gives block height of 869750, which agrees with my wallet.

chainz.info give a figure of  869666.

Can you explain the discrepancy?

Sterling Sentinel
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Interesting, keep my eye on
I just checked out chainz.info and, sure enough, SLG is live!   Grin

Check it out:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slg/

Sterling Sentinel
I am pleased to announce, Sterlingcoin will be added to cryptoid.info in the near future. Whilst the holidays may cause a delay, we are on the waiting list for implementation on cryptoid.info's blockchain explorer services. A full year of the service was paid for.

The explorer at transactions.sterlingcoin.org will continue, also. This is not done to replace that explorer, but is a cost effective way to bolster our network a little, while giving Sterlingcoiners the added insight and features cryptoid.info's services will provide.

ETA: 1 month or shortly after the new year. Though, the prompt payment in-full may help.

Thanks for doing this, Steven.  I'm a fan of cryptoid.info, it's  easily the best multi-coin block explorer out there.

And it's always a good idea to have two explorers anyway, in case either one has an issue and has to go offline for a while.

This will be a very welcome Christmas present for the entire Sterlingcoin community when it goes live.

Thanks again, and well done.

Sterling Sentinel
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I am pleased to announce, Sterlingcoin will be added to cryptoid.info in the near future. Whilst the holidays may cause a delay, we are on the waiting list for implementation on cryptoid.info's blockchain explorer services. A full year of the service was paid for.

The explorer at transactions.sterlingcoin.org will continue, also. This is not done to replace that explorer, but is a cost effective way to bolster our network a little, while giving Sterlingcoiners the added insight and features cryptoid.info's services will provide.

ETA: 1 month or shortly after the new year. Though, the prompt payment in-full may help.
legendary
Good afternoon. Tell me what to do if the wallet is not synchronized? Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Good afternoon, Alex.

Wait for it to syncronize. It can take some time. Leave it running and allow it to run its course.

Watch the block height to be sure it is increasing and watch the number of connections to be sure it remains with peers.

Alternatively, you could snapshot the blockchain. For more info on that, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24277920 but if you have already started to sync, that might not be the best. More times than not, applying more time is the solution.

I hope this helps.

Activity: 406
Merit: 108
Good afternoon. Tell me what to do if the wallet is not synchronized? Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
legendary
Hello

1. How do you know if you are on a fork.

2. What is the Telegram address?

Hello oneoff,

Entering the faucet, faucet.sterlingcoin.org, often is an easy way to routinely check, now that it has been sorted. But sometimes waiting until payout might not be an option.

The fastest way is to compare your block height to that of the explorer's, transactions.sterlingcoin.org and the difficulty. If you are at the same height with the same difficulty, you most likely are on the correct blockchain. Although, to be sure, check that the block hash is the same for that highest block. To check the block hash in the explorer, click on the block number. After clicking the block number, you will see "SLG block:" followed by the hash. Use your in-wallet explorer to verify you have the same hash.

It is a bit misleading on the initial page of the explorer because it presents what is actually a tx hash as the block hash. Don't let that mislead you as the block hash of that block number. We apologize for this confusion and are working on a resolution.

The telegram group is t.me/Sterlingcoin.

If you find you have forked, recent snapshots have been posted on the previous page to get you up-to-sync and back to staking quickly.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Activity: 148
Merit: 101
Hello

1. How do you know if you are on a fork.

2. What is the Telegram address?
legendary
I'm delighted with this British coin! This is the best coin I found for such a low price! As far as possible, I buy a Sterlingcoin. Wink Cool

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for investing in Sterlingcoin.

when will the faucet reactive again?  Roll Eyes

Soon. Sorry the time has yet to be found. It will be addressed ASAP. Apologies for the outage.

The faucet is now reopened, faucet.sterlingcoin.org

To fend off system abuse, you must now "prove you're a Sterlingcoiner".

Enjoy.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
@ Steven Saxton

Yesterday I noticed that the SLG network seemed a bit odd.  My usual number of connections is 17-20, but I was only getting 4-5, and my computer seemed to be labouring a bit.  Also, my stake weight was incredibly high compared to the network stake weight.

I checked the block explorer and, sure enough, the block height was different from that which was displayed on my wallet.

I assumed that I had forked and was now on another chain, so I attempted to re-sync using the zip file supplied by your good self a few days ago.

I synced fully in no time at all, without problems.  I then checked the block height, which matched.   Grin

Currently staking normally.   Cheesy

My only concern is that, whilst on the other chain, I still managed to get 5 or so connections.  Does this mean that other people are also forked?  Huh

Sterling Sentinel

I noticed that yesterday also and I did find one wallet that was following it, unfortunately.

I have spoke to one other person earlier today on telegram that was in the fork. They corrected promptly also, which is greatly appreciated of you both.

It does seem others could still be in the fork but they are, and are being helped to, get on the proper chain. I will continue to investigate to find the 1 or 2 that still may be.
@ Steven Saxton

Yesterday I noticed that the SLG network seemed a bit odd.  My usual number of connections is 17-20, but I was only getting 4-5, and my computer seemed to be labouring a bit.  Also, my stake weight was incredibly high compared to the network stake weight.

I checked the block explorer and, sure enough, the block height was different from that which was displayed on my wallet.

I assumed that I had forked and was now on another chain, so I attempted to re-sync using the zip file supplied by your good self a few days ago.

I synced fully in no time at all, without problems.  I then checked the block height, which matched.   Grin

Currently staking normally.   Cheesy

My only concern is that, whilst on the other chain, I still managed to get 5 or so connections.  Does this mean that other people are also forked?  Huh

Sterling Sentinel
legendary
I'm delighted with this British coin! This is the best coin I found for such a low price! As far as possible, I buy a Sterlingcoin. Wink Cool

when will the faucet reactive again?  Roll Eyes

Soon. Sorry the time has yet to be found. It will be addressed ASAP. Apologies for the outage.

Activity: 628
Merit: 251

when will the faucet reactive again?  Roll Eyes
legendary

Merit: 106
legendary
Friend, Sterlingcoin is a very interesting coin. This is my favorite among the low cost of coins!

Sterlingcoin is a super coin and it has a huge perspective. Highly recommend to buy Sterlingcoin

Thank you both for sharing your enthusiasm!
Merit: 108
Sterlingcoin is a super coin and it has a huge perspective. Highly recommend to buy Sterlingcoin
Merit: 100
Friend, Sterlingcoin is a very interesting coin. This is my favorite among the low cost of coins!
Activity: 641
Merit: 500
Hey all, i now have a Ubuntu 17 server running 24/7. I am following these instructions but I get an error installing the dependencies.

http://sterlingcoin.org/support/linux/install-sterlingcoin-wallet-linux/
https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt

error:

sterlingcoin@unknown:/home/unknown$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools qt-sdk make qrencode libqrencode-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libdb5.1++-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package libdb5.1-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libdb5.1-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libdb5.1++-dev' has no installation candidate

Sorry, that documentation is in need of revision. We will do so asap. I can not speak for Ubuntu 17 specifically, but any version of libdb dev will get you running. Something like 'sudo apt-get libdb5.3-dev' and the corresponding c++ library, lindb5.3++-dev in this example. Sorry you have encountered error messages.

I hope this helps and the documentation will be addressed.

thats worked! Sterlingcoin has another 24/7 node Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: