Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 14. (Read 466763 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0
Solar has a working product but it doesn't reduce your energy consumption like Mwat or Elec. Instead, it just rewards you for producing solar that you can prove you've created.'I understand how currency is created and value is applied to a currency, so I'm surprised not every producer of solar is jumping on board this. My question is... If you become a big producer of solar (you have many different solar farms in different locations under different names/accounts), couldn't you rekt the value by oversupplying and selling onto exchanges?
like the core team said, it's about the long term..solar/renewable energy IS the future, SolarCoin will be a part of it. Increase of media exposure can boost SLR price at any time.

agree, anytime ^^
but there's one thing that I was so curious, that there were so much county in the wourld are participated in solarcoin map, but ... where all the coin that they had generated goes? cause daily volume of SLR seem not that big, nothing compare to the market of solar energy.

My guess is that most of them are holding onto their coins. While there may be some large facilities that received a bunch of coins, it seems that the average house-sized project would only produce enough solar power to qualify for maybe 1-2 dozen coins a year. So many of these people might only have a hundred or possibly a couple hundred coins (if they had solar since 2010). If you were only receiving 20 or so solarcoins per year, would you sell them all right away or possibly wait a few years and see what happens?
Activity: 190
Merit: 10
Solar has a working product but it doesn't reduce your energy consumption like Mwat or Elec. Instead, it just rewards you for producing solar that you can prove you've created.'I understand how currency is created and value is applied to a currency, so I'm surprised not every producer of solar is jumping on board this. My question is... If you become a big producer of solar (you have many different solar farms in different locations under different names/accounts), couldn't you rekt the value by oversupplying and selling onto exchanges?
like the core team said, it's about the long term..solar/renewable energy IS the future, SolarCoin will be a part of it. Increase of media exposure can boost SLR price at any time.

agree, anytime ^^
but there's one thing that I was so curious, that there were so much county in the wourld are participated in solarcoin map, but ... where all the coin that they had generated goes? cause daily volume of SLR seem not that big, nothing compare to the market of solar energy.
Activity: 224
Activity: 92
 sounds interesting and i think I'll be waiting for more complete information about the project, and hopefully there will be some bounties available.good luck and glad to those thing,hope will be successful one Smiley
Activity: 11
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
How about Wind Power Plant grants?

I think wind power has same characteristic with solar power, so if this coin grow big enough, I think it's the great idea to cover the wind  power
but there's a downside, which is the price, wind power can never get cheap as solar, and can't be as available as solar too. so wind power has no chance to get over solar power.
i wonder if the slr/btc price will increase now that the crypto bullrun seems to be over. Notice how the slr/btc price fell during the entire bullrun with a few price spikes in between. but the general trend has been downwards. (not talking about the usd value of the coin which has gone up considerably)

It will be interesting to see if the slr/btc price will rise again, like it did when during the entire last 2.5 year bear market in btc.

hope so, they don't really do great at marketing, when it be well-known, I think the price would not be like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkTpKa5gbo
by the way, solar electric is cheaper than hydro electric, so I think this would be the future, hope they make it go the right way

prety good video I think
but battery technology need so much improve to catch up.
that's the only gap that holding solar energy back. solar panels are already get so much cheaper over past decay...
i wonder if the slr/btc price will increase now that the crypto bullrun seems to be over. Notice how the slr/btc price fell during the entire bullrun with a few price spikes in between. but the general trend has been downwards. (not talking about the usd value of the coin which has gone up considerably)

It will be interesting to see if the slr/btc price will rise again, like it did when during the entire last 2.5 year bear market in btc.

hope so, they don't really do great at marketing, when it be well-known, I think the price would not be like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkTpKa5gbo
by the way, solar electric is cheaper than hydro electric, so I think this would be the future, hope they make it go the right way
Activity: 13
How about Wind Power Plant grants?
Activity: 12

A lot of weak fingers recently marketing their coins... It's a pity watching the cost of SLR heading down while the massive news

that's always happen, SLR did not spent much money on marketing, pr for the coin, but they got really good community (58 nations to be exact) using their solar panel to generate SLR. so I think this is not the time for coin to pump.
Activity: 98
https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=SolarCoin+%28SLR%29&SortBy=0
Good news for solar. Co-founder Francois Sonnet will be speaking at Smart Energy Summit at 27 March and more good news in a couple of weeks!!!
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
A lot of weak fingers recently marketing their coins... It's a pity watching the cost of SLR heading down while the massive news
by the way guys, how do I steak my SLR, is there any risk or do I have to transfer my coin to someone else's wallet?
if there is any more information, please let me know, just download SLR wallet yesterday and saw it has "steak coin" :")

You can transfer it to my wallet and I will Steak it for you. lol You send to your own wallet and then it takes a while to mature the coins. Then they will stake. Not much profit in it unless you have massive amounts of coin.
LOL, thank you!
I was thinking that must have enough coins to start steaking. (like master node or kind of)
not much is how much? still more than 0 right Cheesy
I had about 2M coins, is that enough  Grin  Grin
just kidding
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
by the way guys, how do I steak my SLR, is there any risk or do I have to transfer my coin to someone else's wallet?
if there is any more information, please let me know, just download SLR wallet yesterday and saw it has "steak coin" :")

You can transfer it to my wallet and I will Steak it for you. lol You send to your own wallet and then it takes a while to mature the coins. Then they will stake. Not much profit in it unless you have massive amounts of coin.
We added SolarCoin to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com)! This will allow new users to learn about SolarCoin and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support SLR so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your SLR addresses on your profile to receive tips/payments/donations in SLR from other users Smiley

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help add supported services? The more active the SolarCoin profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the SolarCoin project!

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cheddur

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cheddur/id1269377156?mt=8

Screenshots:

waiting for this such a long time ^^
hope you guys continue to develop the app in long time. hope newcomers got the same believe as I do.
good project need to be well-known to be applied in real life.

Pages:
Jump to: