Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 180. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
So we've also got someone on their own wallet version/protocol No.:
/66:0.7.0/   node list   70007   1   1.7 %   94.9 %
node list:
addnode=109.124.222.36
IP Address   Country   Region   City   ISP
109.124.222.36   Russian Federation    Samara   Samara   Llc Sip Nis

What does that mean, do we have a stowaway

Yeah, that's the question. And then - if I decide to hire a coder who re-compiles a version of the wallet with a better interest rate - like 200% cap on interest rate - will the system stop me from getting on board and actually getting those custom-made rewards? Or may be just 2%, but non-variable... thus difficult to notice...Will that work?

The node on protocol 70007 is not a problem.  It's likely a developer simply using the same port as SolarCoin.  If they wanted to "hack" the blockchain they would probably use the same protocol number and sub-version.  Even if they did try to bump the interest, the blocks they submitted would be orphaned by consensus of the 2.0.7 nodes.

-Steve

Once again thanks!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
node list:
addnode=109.124.222.36

Yeah, that's the question. And then - if I decide to hire a coder who re-compiles a version of the wallet with a better interest rate - like 200% cap on interest rate - will the system stop me from getting on board and actually getting those custom-made rewards? Or may be just 2%, but non-variable... thus difficult to notice...Will that work?

The node on protocol 70007 is not a problem.  It's likely a developer simply using the same port as SolarCoin.  If they wanted to "hack" the blockchain they would probably use the same protocol number and sub-version.  Even if they did try to bump the interest, the blocks they submitted would be orphaned by consensus of the 2.0.7 nodes.

-Steve
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
I found another way to workaround the synchronization error. Choose Logoff in the file menu, and log back in. It should synch up and start staking properly.

All,

The synchronization issue is related to the nodes still on 2.0.5.  They are reporting a higher block count.  Your 2.0.7 node says "ok, send me the blocks" and they get orphaned.  It will go away when everyone is on 2.0.7.

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Bittrex site is down.  Up.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

That's a worrying thought if that can be done but surely there are safeguards in place to protect that from happening.

I'm sure that someone will enlighten us if this is possible.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
node list:
addnode=109.124.222.36

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
node list:
addnode=109.124.222.36

/66:0.7.0/   node list   70007   1   1.7 %   94.9 %
node list:
addnode=109.124.222.36
IP Address   Country   Region   City   ISP
109.124.222.36   Russian Federation    Samara   Samara   Llc Sip Nis
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I found another way to workaround the synchronization error. Choose Logoff in the file menu, and log back in. It should synch up and start staking properly.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
what's the interest rate target again? 2%?

The interest rate target is 2% of the current circulating SLR balance.  From a macro perspective the SLR experience nominal inflation from rewards and grants with deflation due to lost wallets and now transaction fees which are burned.

An important point to note is that currency function with network economics. The more people accepting the protocol the more value it has.  BTC with estimated 1.5m users is worth say $3billion so the users network of combined transactional and speculative utility equates to about $2k/user.

If you know of anyone with a solarfarm or panels have them register and you get 10% of their first year claim. Growing the network SLR participants grows network value.

The foundations focus is on growing the size of the solar incentive by increasing the networks transactional value, ie. more nodes (users). Speculative value which is volatile and thus antithetical to sound monetary policy isn't useful to the 40 yr solar energy mission.
Ah, that's makes sense, thanks Corather... but it begs the question, why aren't staking transactions treated like normal transactions in that overview? Wouldn't it make sense to show them there as well?

These are Immature, different from Unconfirmed. Steve mentioned he may add them on a separate row on the Stats. You can check out the previous discussion here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12462589

Edit: also "Staking" is better to be labeled "Staked". I will now add here the link to another discussion on a remake of the Stats panel:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12559814
legendary
Solarcoin.org
I think I may have stumbled on a workaround for the synchronizing issue some of you may still be experiencing. Once you've rescanned your wallet and everything appears functional, if this issue pops up again simply exit the wallet and rerun the application. So far both my wallets appear stable after doing this. Still a bug, but maybe this will help diagnose the problem.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Ah, that's makes sense, thanks Corather... but it begs the question, why aren't staking transactions treated like normal transactions in that overview? Wouldn't it make sense to show them there as well?

I think because they become confirmed through a different mechanism. The result is the same.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Just checking: is everyone else's 'Unconfirmed' total showing zero on the overview page? I've got plenty of unconfirmed payments so it looks like this may not be populating correctly?

The Unconfirmed column refers to coins received by the wallet through a send action from another wallet before any blocks are generated to confirm the transaction. It doesn't refer to staking payments.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Just checking: is everyone else's 'Unconfirmed' total showing zero on the overview page? I've got plenty of unconfirmed payments so it looks like this may not be populating correctly?

I have this as well on the overview page. Unconfirmed is "0.000000 SLR"

On the History page all my historical interest payments that were generated but conflicted have a "?" next to them, these are meant to be this way as I understand.
Interest payments that are still waiting block confirmations (i.e. <500 confirms) are displaying a "loading symbol" next to them, this looks normal.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
I must be one of the fortunate ones, I've had no orphaned/conflicted interest payments...yet...probably just jinxed myself.  Grin

Did find a strange problem last night though, when staking my wallet causes conflict with my VoIP service. I can still make calls but the quality of the call makes it unusable. Closing the wallet solves the problem. Has anyone else had issues using VoIP while their wallet is staking? Is there a way to pause staking without disabling it totally or closing your wallet?

If you have one router connecting you to your ISP, and you have access to the router administration, you can look around to set up QoS (quality of service), if available. Just give VoIP higher priority, or unlimited bandwidth (meanwhile limiting the rest or the wallet's ports in particular), or whatever other settings there might be to prioritize traffic.

A lot of the time my block count lags the chainz block count by up to 10-15 blocks. Do other people get this? It might be normal behaviour on the network.
Depends on the time and it varies. Running v2.07.

-lfloorwalker

Edit: It seems that it falls behind and lags, and then after say 30 minutes it realizes this and catches up to the right blockcount so that my wallet and chainz equalize. Very cool.
Also well done to Steve and everyone, this is an amazing blockchain now.
I must be one of the fortunate ones, I've had no orphaned/conflicted interest payments...yet...probably just jinxed myself.  Grin

Did find a strange problem last night though, when staking my wallet causes conflict with my VoIP service. I can still make calls but the quality of the call makes it unusable. Closing the wallet solves the problem. Has anyone else had issues using VoIP while their wallet is staking? Is there a way to pause staking without disabling it totally or closing your wallet?

If you have one router connecting you to your ISP, and you have access to the router administration, you can look around to set up QoS (quality of service), if available. Just give VoIP higher priority, or unlimited bandwidth (meanwhile limiting the rest or the wallet's ports in particular), or whatever other settings there might be to prioritize traffic.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
I must be one of the fortunate ones, I've had no orphaned/conflicted interest payments...yet...probably just jinxed myself.  Grin

Jump to: