Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 181. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
what's the interest rate target again? 2%?

More of a cap, but yes, 2%.

-Steve

It's only 4.5 hours worth of data but I'm at 1.20% annum right now (non-compounded). Looking pretty good so far!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
Here's a list of nodes that are on the wrong fork:  (based on my debug.log file)

These are also causing the "out of sync" issue for some.

-Steve

One might be my mothers i will have to check it out today. Thanks!

Fixed.

Thanks, vipgelsi

More of a cap, but yes, 2%.

-Steve
The File -> Export Data option does not work for me on 2.0.7

You need to be on the History panel.

-Steve
CoinQuacker
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Here's a list of nodes that are on the wrong fork:  (based on my debug.log file)

-Steve

Fixed.
CoinQuacker
The File -> Export Data option does not work for me on 2.0.7
Activity: 445
Does anybody know what port I need to forward in order to have a full node with more than 8 active connections to the network?
And does this compromise the security of my wallet? Thank you
Hi Steve,

I have asked in the past if opening the same wallet on a different machine at the same time is bad for the network and I was told that it could corrupt your wallet.
If this is the case, is there any way to block one of the wallets from connecting as to avoid any future accidents?... (Remember.... Grandpa Joe!)

In theory, it should be fine to run the same wallet on multiple nodes.  If there is no network lag, the updates on one wallet (e.g. sending coins) will get relayed and the other wallets will update as well.  I've never done this for any length of time.  The real test is with staking.  If two or more nodes running the same wallet are staking, in theory, the first one to stake should get approved and the others will generate orphan blocks.

If you block grandpa's node, he will not be able to keep in sync.

-Steve
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hi Snake,

Got to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to get your IP address, then look at CryptoID on the Network tab: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network

Click the "node list" next to the version of the wallet you are on and you will see your node's IP address listed there.

-Steve

Thanks for that Steve, didn't realize the node was my ip address, but it starting to make sense now
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hi, my wallet has only 6 connections. Before ,on previous version, there was much more seen connections.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 300
Hi Steve,

I have asked in the past if opening the same wallet on a different machine at the same time is bad for the network and I was told that it could corrupt your wallet.
If this is the case, is there any way to block one of the wallets from connecting as to avoid any future accidents?... (Remember.... Grandpa Joe!)
whats the correct block number is it 837950

Mine synced ok this morning and then now showing 857 blocks remaining

Quote from: Snake Pliskin on Today at 09:04:08 AM
There is still a node on the wrong fork.  Whoever is 150.101.243.74 is sending orphan blocks to you, and reporting a different block height.

-Steve

Is there any way I can see which node I'm on

Hi Snake,

Got to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to get your IP address, then look at CryptoID on the Network tab: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network

Click the "node list" next to the version of the wallet you are on and you will see your node's IP address listed there.

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

-Steve

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Quote from: Snake Pliskin on Today at 09:04:08 AM
There is still a node on the wrong fork.  Whoever is 150.101.243.74 is sending orphan blocks to you, and reporting a different block height.

-Steve

Is there any way I can see which node I'm on
Here's a list of nodes that are on the wrong fork:  (based on my debug.log file)

-Steve

I think steve is going to have to release another update... This also happened to me when i deleted peers.dat.
I have since recovered the new peers.dat file and replaced it with the old one and it works again. So I guess it's still trying to connect you to ''bad peers''

It seems to happen when there's the slightest disruption in your local network also.

Alright I hadn't noticed! it hasn't tried to load the other chain since several days now Smiley I had this issue back on 2.02 I think, but I guess I just got lucky that i stayed on the main chain and my peers.dat didn't get any bad peers.
Does staking still work for you guys or is it constantly trying to sync?

It's still having a bit of trouble. If I can keep a stable connection it works well, otherwise it can get stuck in an endless syncing cycle. Reloading the wallet seems to fix the trouble until my connection gets the hiccups. My network isn't 100% stable, cheap cables, heh.

It's more likely related to this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12598176

-Steve

Speaking of peers. the wallets still on 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 are on a mini fork.  They need to do the following:

1. Update to 2.0.7
2. Reload the Blockchain
3. Rescan the Wallet
4. Shut the wallet down
5. Remove C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin\peers.dat
6. Restart the Wallet

Thanks,
Steve

After I followed these steps it seem that my interest that was generated on 10/3/2015 is now rejected with question marks next to them.  I was upgrading from 2.0.5.  Guess i was on a mini fork..

Yes, you should regenerate those interest payments again. However, you just lost a little time before the next interest payments.

-Steve

There is still a node on the wrong fork.  Whoever is 150.101.243.74 is sending orphan blocks to you, and reporting a different block height.

-Steve
Jump to: