Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 183. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
We're starting to get a nice spread in the blocks now.   There may be slow periods of block creation to come, but it will smooth out.

-Steve
I saw Bittrex online and my wallet was synced at 2.0.7.

I didn't think to check the forum and looks like my coins went into a black hole when I sent to Bittrex. Usually where I end up in Crypto anyways. So how do I get my coins back?

You'll have to do what I did: re-download the block chain, start up fresh again, let it sync and re-scan your wallet. The small amount I had sent to Bittrex that got lost in the ether magically reappeared after I did all that. Smiley

That worked and I Staked a block immediately after download and rescan. Thanks for your help! Also noticed Bittrex closed their wallet now too.

Great, and you should not lose any interest, as you noticed a stake right away.

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

I didn't think to check the forum and looks like my coins went into a black hole when I sent to Bittrex. Usually where I end up in Crypto anyways. So how do I get my coins back?

You'll have to do what I did: re-download the block chain, start up fresh again, let it sync and re-scan your wallet. The small amount I had sent to Bittrex that got lost in the ether magically reappeared after I did all that. Smiley

That worked and I Staked a block immediately after download and rescan. Thanks for your help! Also noticed Bittrex closed their wallet now too.
All,

We are running the latest version (2.07) and we are in sync with the explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/.  As far as I'm aware, that is the correct chain.  I've disabled until I get confirmation from the dev team.

For those that have sent coins here that didn't get here, just reload your blockchain and rescan.  That should get your coins here, or put them back into your wallet.

Lastly, there is no way we could have forked the network... we have been constantly running the entire time during all the updates, and we don't stake/mint so we're not helping generate blocks that would cause weighting issues.  I'm going to chalk it up to coincidence Wink

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Hi Richie,

If you are in sync with the block explorer, you are good.

Thanks for your support!

-Steve
running:

Code:
"version" : "v2.0.7.0",
"protocolversion" : 70004,
"walletversion" : 60001,

already did the peer.dat stuff

Issues:
  • Coin total not accurate: 55.7k reported total versus 54.5k correct amt. If I download the transactions as a CSV and pull out 2M in non-confirmed mined coins (from error code before), the CSV total is correct.
  • I'm on block 837,998 and the B.E. linked from solarcoin.org is on 837,145

??  Huh

You are on the wrong chain.  Please see instructions above.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12592113

-Steve
I saw Bittrex online and my wallet was synced at 2.0.7. I sent to the same Bittrex address I sent into my wallet too.

CryptoNick,

I'm not sure what you have tried so far, but on 2.0.7 I would:

1. Reload the blockchain
2. Repair wallet (use console command 'repairwallet')
2. Rescan the wallet  (hopefully, after the rescan those transactions should have an "!" icon instead of a "?")
3. Wait for those transactions to be resent (there's also a console command "resendtx" you might try, but it does not always initiate a resend for security reasons)

Note: I don't know the status of the Bittrex upgrade yet.  Things should sort out soon.

-Steve
OK, I'm all set again. It looks like every now and then the wallet tries to sync up with that other chain though. Why is that? Just out of curiosity.

It's because you deleted your peers.dat file!

I deleted it and now it's also trying to sync to the other chain.
I now restored the old peer.dat file and everything is working again, sorry guys but removing the peers.dat file was the wrong move for me Wink

edit: However I was on the correct chain the whole time , so maybe there is another issue.

That's correct, it's more important that you remove peers.dat after you get back on the main chain.  That will improve your connections.  But, as solarcoiner points out, you open yourself up to getting blocks from everyone on the bad fork.  At some point, when everyone is on 2.0.7 and in sync, it would be good to reset the peers.dat file so no one is getting blocked.

PS: You are witnessing the security of PoS/T as pertaining to network consensus.  Pretty entertaining. Smiley

-Steve
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
All,

We are running the latest version (2.07) and we are in sync with the explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/.  As far as I'm aware, that is the correct chain.  I've disabled until I get confirmation from the dev team.

For those that have sent coins here that didn't get here, just reload your blockchain and rescan.  That should get your coins here, or put them back into your wallet.

Lastly, there is no way we could have forked the network... we have been constantly running the entire time during all the updates, and we don't stake/mint so we're not helping generate blocks that would cause weighting issues.  I'm going to chalk it up to coincidence Wink

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Great info from Bittrex!
Thank you Richie!
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
running:

Code:

Issues:
  • Coin total not accurate: 55.7k reported total versus 54.5k correct amt. If I download the transactions as a CSV and pull out 2M in non-confirmed mined coins (from error code before), the CSV total is correct.

??  Huh

You always need to re-scan the wallet after upgrade and/or blockchain reload. This has been working for me so far to bring back the balances in sync. Check this out:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12591524
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
All,

thanks,
richie@bittrex
Activity: 406

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
I saw Bittrex online and my wallet was synced at 2.0.7. I sent to the same Bittrex address I sent into my wallet too.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
On current block 837,178  after  re download blockchain and delete peers file
Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
running:

Code:

Issues:

??  Huh
Activity: 445
OK, I'm all set again. It looks like every now and then the wallet tries to sync up with that other chain though. Why is that? Just out of curiosity.

It's because you deleted your peers.dat file!

I deleted it and now it's also trying to sync to the other chain.
I now restored the old peer.dat file and everything is working again, sorry guys but removing the peers.dat file was the wrong move for me Wink

edit: However I was on the correct chain the whole time , so maybe there is another issue.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
If i'm on the correct fork, and on version 2.07, and have 8 connections to the network should I also quit my wallet and delete the peers.dat file? is is this unnecessary? thank you

I did just to be safe and looks like we're all up and running again
Activity: 406
Activity: 445
If i'm on the correct fork, and on version 2.07, and have 8 connections to the network should I also quit my wallet and delete the peers.dat file? is is this unnecessary? thank you
Speaking of peers. the wallets still on 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 are on a mini fork.  They need to do the following:

1. Update to 2.0.7
2. Reload the Blockchain
3. Rescan the Wallet
4. Shut the wallet down
5. Remove C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin\peers.dat
6. Restart the Wallet

Thanks,
Steve
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
To those running windows xp. One of my machines has win xp pro running the wallet. I couldn't get more than 1 connection at any given time to peers. I had to go into windows firewall and add the port exceptions for both UDP/TCP. I was then able to connect to more peers.
Jump to: