Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 244. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
cryptonick and barabbas are now on ignore. The level of pompous exceeds sanity tolerance.
legendary
Activity: 1162
So the promotion, distribution... whatever one may decide to call it, of Solarcoin is a total disaster and no one is actually claiming the solarcoins they are entitled for... and this is a problem if not the major/only problem of this project. In fact, no one knows that if they install a solar system, they are entitled to receive solarcoins. I will go even further: Not even the professionals, know about this. Or Solarcoin as a project altogether. Is this, really, the main/only problem of this project? I would think it is...

Well, here is the EASY solution:

The reason no one knows about Solarcoin is, obviously, because no one cares. Who would even hear they are entitled to some WORTHLESS reward? In many cases it would be considered, first, suspicious (someone is trying to sell me something else...0 and second, an insult (if you are going to give me anything, that it would be at the very least, worth enough to buy a sandwich...). Solution: Offer a REAL REWARD. Who was the inventor of the 1§ per 1 KW? And why such absurd thing remains in place? If we REALLY want to be noticed, to be taken seriously, it is beyond evident that the reward has to be changed, from something halfway between suspicious and an insult, to something that can be considered a reward, even if minimal, but at least with some substance.

I propose that exchange will be hiked to 1 KW = 100 §. And lets see what happens. Since the previous rate has proven an absolute failure by any measure, I'm quite sure that new rate will make a significant departure. The hike also applies, obviously, to the commissions by those who sign people to the program, so it will be really worthwhile to get people to do it.

Yes, I know there are other considerations. I have considered them all. The FINAL result, since the current results are so disastrous, are way positive in ANY AND ALL scenarios.

So, foundation members, get the ball rolling. We are already WAY behind...

I don't see it this way at all. For a 40 year project it's just getting off the ground. More than half of the systems aren't in place yet. When you take a real look at where solar is right now, the grant matches quite well. Once things get worked out: new wallet + staking features, automation process, etc. Solarcoin will take on a life of its own. If you're looking for a quick buck, go somewhere else, you won't find it here.

And thereby precisely lies the problem. Which part of "no one knows about solarcoin in the solar industry" you chose to not understand? Furthermore, which part of the "being insulted by the current non-value of the solarcoin promotion" you choose to ignore. The solar industry, has grown 9-fold in the last 2 years in many places of the planet, with governments doing the heavy lifting and carrying the burden of u[p to 30% and more of the total costs, to PROMOTE adoption and installation, buy they are stupid, right? You, on the other hand, are the fucking genius that believes that this is going to even be around at all -under the present idiotic circumstances- even 2 years from now, right?

Like I said: Thereby lies the problem. And why this project -which was originally a great idea- is a joke, actually.

The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims. That's the project. It's based on economic laws/economic history. Current state is just that - current state - it's matching current predominantly PoW mining/adoption. Then why consider an insult letting the solar industry know about the SLR project and that SLR value is bound to naturally grow with increase of claims?

BTW, I already asked you this: did you already contact the Solarfarm guy to let him know to claim the SolarCoins for the solar farms he works with? If not, I'll go ahead and do it.

STOP SAYING
The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims.
YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

If SLR were BACKED by SOMETHING even that SOMETHING would be depleted when people cash out their CLAIMED SLR!!!

If you have MORE PEOPLE CLAIMING than there are PEOPLE BUYING the price goes down and it is a BUYERS MARKET not a SELLERS!!!

Sure if everyone just keeps buying SLR like it is GASOLINE then the price goes up and up and up. But why do people need to BUY SLR??? To Get RICH? No they only need to SELL SLR since once they CLAIM it they have nothing else to do with it than SELL it!!!

Even if you have a product you could BUY from a merchant with SLR.... GUESS WHAT??? The Merchant has to SELL the SLR they accepted in the transaction!!! So they need to SELL!!!

So you tell me even in 40 years from now who will be BUYING SLR?

I guess you have 40 years to figure this out like I told you many times there is nothing creating a BUY. And even if people do buy they BUY low so the price will plummet and profit takers will be your only buyers. Since the relation of SLR equates to BITCOIN vs FIAT the only thing to happen for merchants makes them relate to BitCoin when they sell products. So when your coin hits the bottom the inflation will be huge, and that merchant will be forced to sell a T-Shirt for 10,000,000 SLR. So your Claimers get a Free T-Shirt and then the Merchant is stuck trying to sell his SLR to no buyers.

Please tell me you understand this now?

You cannot be possibly more right... or explain the current and future situation any clearer. But, of course, we have here a more basic problem to solve, before we even attempt to make any sense of this absurd joke. It's called -and evidenced above-, plain STUPIDITY. And, sadly, it abounds here. These holders of that particular banner, somehow have convinced themselves that this thing is going to distribute itself... even after the PROVEN FACT, after more than a year of going in the wrong direction, with results to back it up, that it will not only NOT happen, now or ever, but that the whole shitty project -they make it so- will be obsolete and will more than provable not reach a second anniversary. In other words, they have "a plan" for 40 years when in all likelyhood, the idea itself will not survive year 2. Go figure.

This project needs, FIRST AND FOREMOST, distribution. And yes, that will probably create a "buyer's market" as you put it. But it is unavoidable. And, as it will turn out, beneficial in the end with the MARKET doing the actual distribution: At some price level, speculators, investors, traders, will come in and set the PROPER VALUE at the time of the coin. If you cannot buy anything with it, obviously, value will be ZERO. But that cannot actually be the case for now you can translate ANY digital currency into fiat via gift cards so it will have SOME value all along and the only TRUE judge of value, the market, will set it.

Now, if by some miracle, the holders of the banners -and other banners too-, are somehow able to give this coin some usage at some point along the way, then what we have is a promising project that NOT ONLY, adequately and EFFICIENTLY, promotes solar power creation but IS ALSO a digital currency that serves a purpose as such.

Quite frankly, with the current captains manning the ship, the chances of this being achieved are slim to none... lets just look, for perspective, to the "achievements" of these 15 months. But they do not need to be manning anything, really, when plenty of way more capable hands are ready and available. Solar energy is 1% now in the world. Without Solarcoin, it will be the MAIN source of energy by 2050. Solarcoin can and should grab a piece of that immense pie... by way of becoming and engine in tha spectacular growth just ahead and already heavily in progress.

This will NOT be achieved, clearly, with the holders of the STUPIDITY banner manning the ship.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
So the promotion, distribution... whatever one may decide to call it, of Solarcoin is a total disaster and no one is actually claiming the solarcoins they are entitled for... and this is a problem if not the major/only problem of this project. In fact, no one knows that if they install a solar system, they are entitled to receive solarcoins. I will go even further: Not even the professionals, know about this. Or Solarcoin as a project altogether. Is this, really, the main/only problem of this project? I would think it is...

The reason no one knows about Solarcoin is, obviously, because no one cares. Who would even hear they are entitled to some WORTHLESS reward? In many cases it would be considered, first, suspicious (someone is trying to sell me something else...0 and second, an insult (if you are going to give me anything, that it would be at the very least, worth enough to buy a sandwich...). Solution: Offer a REAL REWARD. Who was the inventor of the 1§ per 1 KW? And why such absurd thing remains in place? If we REALLY want to be noticed, to be taken seriously, it is beyond evident that the reward has to be changed, from something halfway between suspicious and an insult, to something that can be considered a reward, even if minimal, but at least with some substance.

I propose that exchange will be hiked to 1 KW = 100 §. And lets see what happens. Since the previous rate has proven an absolute failure by any measure, I'm quite sure that new rate will make a significant departure. The hike also applies, obviously, to the commissions by those who sign people to the program, so it will be really worthwhile to get people to do it.

Yes, I know there are other considerations. I have considered them all. The FINAL result, since the current results are so disastrous, are way positive in ANY AND ALL scenarios.

I don't see it this way at all. For a 40 year project it's just getting off the ground. More than half of the systems aren't in place yet. When you take a real look at where solar is right now, the grant matches quite well. Once things get worked out: new wallet + staking features, automation process, etc. Solarcoin will take on a life of its own. If you're looking for a quick buck, go somewhere else, you won't find it here.

And thereby precisely lies the problem. Which part of "no one knows about solarcoin in the solar industry" you chose to not understand? Furthermore, which part of the "being insulted by the current non-value of the solarcoin promotion" you choose to ignore. The solar industry, has grown 9-fold in the last 2 years in many places of the planet, with governments doing the heavy lifting and carrying the burden of u[p to 30% and more of the total costs, to PROMOTE adoption and installation, buy they are stupid, right? You, on the other hand, are the fucking genius that believes that this is going to even be around at all -under the present idiotic circumstances- even 2 years from now, right?

Like I said: Thereby lies the problem. And why this project -which was originally a great idea- is a joke, actually.

The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims. That's the project. It's based on economic laws/economic history. Current state is just that - current state - it's matching current predominantly PoW mining/adoption. Then why consider an insult letting the solar industry know about the SLR project and that SLR value is bound to naturally grow with increase of claims?

BTW, I already asked you this: did you already contact the Solarfarm guy to let him know to claim the SolarCoins for the solar farms he works with? If not, I'll go ahead and do it.

STOP SAYING
The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims.
YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

If SLR were BACKED by SOMETHING even that SOMETHING would be depleted when people cash out their CLAIMED SLR!!!

If you have MORE PEOPLE CLAIMING than there are PEOPLE BUYING the price goes down (Less Value along with More Coin in Circulation to top it off) and it is a BUYERS MARKET not a SELLERS!!!

Sure if everyone just keeps buying SLR like it is GASOLINE then the price goes up and up and up. But why do people need to BUY SLR??? To Get RICH? No they only need to SELL SLR since once they CLAIM it they have nothing else to do with it than SELL it!!!

Even if you have a product you could BUY from a merchant with SLR.... GUESS WHAT??? The Merchant has to SELL the SLR they accepted in the transaction!!! So they need to SELL!!!

So you tell me even in 40 years from now who will be BUYING SLR?

I guess you have 40 years to figure this out like I told you many times there is nothing creating a BUY. And even if people do buy they BUY low so the price will plummet and profit takers will be your only buyers. Since the relation of SLR equates to BITCOIN vs FIAT the only thing to happen for merchants makes them relate to BitCoin when they sell products. So when your coin hits the bottom the inflation will be huge, and that merchant will be forced to sell a T-Shirt for 10,000,000 SLR. So your Claimers get a Free T-Shirt and then the Merchant is stuck trying to sell his SLR to no buyers.

Please tell me you understand this now?
legendary
Solarcoin.org

I disagreed with you before, and I disagree with you now. Go off on a tirade somewhere else.

Why don't YOU go somewhere else disagreeing with reason and OBVIOUS, PROVEN FACTS, ah? Who the fuck do you think you are? There's NO adoption going on. None. It is an insult, to anyone, to even offer them something that not only is currently worthless but is being more WORTHLESS every day. Meaning price is lover every year, every month, every week and every day. These are PROVEN FUCKING FACTS! The opposite of your usual ineffective BS, to be precise.

All I see is blah blah blah, yakkity shmackity.

And all I see from you is plain, blunt, raw stupidity. So?

Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should drink some nice soothing chamomile tea. Smiley
legendary

I disagreed with you before, and I disagree with you now. Go off on a tirade somewhere else.

Why don't YOU go somewhere else disagreeing with reason and OBVIOUS, PROVEN FACTS, ah? Who the fuck do you think you are? There's NO adoption going on. None. It is an insult, to anyone, to even offer them something that not only is currently worthless but is being more WORTHLESS every day. Meaning price is lover every year, every month, every week and every day. These are PROVEN FUCKING FACTS! The opposite of your usual ineffective BS, to be precise.

And all I see from you is plain, blunt, raw stupidity. So?
legendary
Solarcoin.org

legendary

legendary
Solarcoin.org

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

legendary

legendary
Solarcoin.org

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
that makes sense because even though I wouldn't do it the money would still be unsound because there would always be doubt that somebody would have acess to the private key.

Very good point.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
I would be able to make solarcoin paper wallets with 1 coin in each one i could use holograms to seal the wallets.

And then ship them over there once everything was in order. Is that possible?

Of course i cant make them all but i would love to do my part.

physical production sounds good, but the issuer will likely require a known secure note production method, unless you want to offer cheap verifiable secure production. Notes may be bigger denominations as well.  a §100 note would be about $0.40 as of today, hopefully that changes significantly.

The first goal will be to get Tokelau adminstrators on board (likely whoever is overseeing the stamp production program).  The physical production is TBD (to be determined).
legendary
56,000 Solarcoins sent to cold storage

Thanks who sold!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
By Soler system very successfully experiment finished recently... Soon becoming  new technologies by Solar power... Kiss Kiss Kiss
legendary
I would be able to make solarcoin paper wallets with 1 coin in each one i could use holograms to seal the wallets.

And then ship them over there once everything was in order. Is that possible?

Of course i cant make them all but i would love to do my part.

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Any updates on sending solarcoin banknotes to the island that uses only solarpower?

The project is a lower priority relative to others right now, but still very much desired to move forward as a really interesting thing to do.  The island is tokelau. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelau   the idea for the project is to contact the tokelau administrators and have them print physical solarcoin notes. These would be backed by a solarcoin grant from the genesis pool.  the notes could then be circulated on tokelau or sold online as "commemorative" collectibles.  https://stamps.nzpost.co.nz/shop/international-stamps/tokelau

Tokelau like many island nations makes money by selling "rare" stamps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelau#Economy  
Tokelau has the world's smallest economy according to the https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tl.html with $1.4m GDP and 1,500 residents. It takes 2 weeks to reach by boat from New Zealand.

This could do a few interesting things:

1. act as a donation to Tokelau (an island nation at risk from climate change. It is basically a ring in the pacific from an old volcano with a peak elevation of 5 meters (17 feet) so at risk.
2. allow physical circulation of "officially" issued and backed physical solarcoin bank notes. Each banknote serial number could be linked to a cold address. It would be the first officially energy backed solar currency issued by a country reliant 100% on solar energy and issued by what would be effectively the world's smallest central bank.
3. generate PR for solarcoin and Tokelau which might increase awareness.

The project is now on hold due to my bandwidth and need to prioritize gets POSv, affiliate websites and other stuff (See latest facebook post). it will likely take time to convince the NZ authorities to take an interest in the Tokelau SolarCoin note project, but it just seems really interesting. If someone wishes to lead this now, please let contact me.  Could be a good side project for someone with biz dev skills or an economics student....nice line on the resume Smiley or for those adventurous a great field trip adventure of a lifetime. Would definitely be good line on the bio and great conversation starter in bars..."ah yes I remember my days in the South pacific launching a crypto currency to help save the world...."

so if there any part time adventurer solarcoin want to be central bankers out there who want to take up the project, don't ask for permission, just get on with it.
legendary
Any updates on sending solarcoin banknotes to the island that uses only solarpower?
legendary
A whale is moving some coins around today.
Jump to: