Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 46. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
SolarCoin Generator Pool Security
The SolarCoin Foundation has made securing the SolarCoin Generator Pool a top priority for 2017 to help give future and current SLR owners certainty about the source and amount of SolarCoin released into circulation.  After much research and debate, balancing security and simplicity, the SolarCoin Foundation proposes a time lock on the Generator Pool. The details are being finalized, but the approach would be similar to what Ripple has communicated: https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency

Some common wallet security practices for cryptocurrencies that the SolarCoin Foundation considered are:
-Cold Storage of wallets - Currently implemented for the generator pool and would continue to be operational for any wallets not time locked
-Very small amount of coin available for issuance at any one point in time (reduce risk by shrinking the size of the target) - Timelock of generator pool accomplishes this goal.
-Multi-signature authentication (m of n) from separate resources to access wallets - Currently implemented for the generator pool distributed internationally
-Proactive security of posting 100% collateral to access wallets - Decided against because of smart contract implementation complexity

The SolarCoin Foundation welcomes the community to comment on this important security requirement.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
What if Solarcoin creates a market for Used Solar Panels that can be bought with Solarcoin at the PEG? $150 per coin and the people selling the used Solar panels are probably upgrading. They would also get a claim for buying with SLR too.

Create a location that accepts old Solar Panels as a donation and tax write off? Put these up for sale and only accept SLR.

I favor a more organic approach. Let Solarcoin find it's market niche.

Sure, that approach is already enacted. Technically Solarcoin doesn't even need to be a party to the transaction. Anyone could do it.

Now that I think about it... Isn't there a Glut of Panels from China? The panels just sit there and new tech may actually make these panels obsolete or have already made them obsolete.

There could be a way that these panels get installed and then the manufacturing company could recoup their losses through power production. There are many outfits that lease and save you money on your power bill but they own the panels. What if these were granted to the home owners but the claim goes to the Manufacturer? All that would need to be done is have the owner buy their claim each year as SLR. This would be exponential. Then the manufacturer could chose to hold or sell their coin. If they hold their claim coin they stand to make better margins later. Kind of like going all in on something they are losing money on anyways. Of course this also takes out market share but most of these installs would never happen in the first place.

If the manufacturer was paid back retail it works that way too. Just amortized and then the owner keeps the claimed SLR. They could also put the claim on the Blockchain and make a special payback program with the meters that iFloorwalker made. This could be legally enforced too and anywhere in the world. I think people would love to be able to do this and would pay without question. Probably some fraud may occur but these are panels just sitting there and may never be sold.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
What if Solarcoin creates a market for Used Solar Panels that can be bought with Solarcoin at the PEG? $150 per coin and the people selling the used Solar panels are probably upgrading. They would also get a claim for buying with SLR too.

Create a location that accepts old Solar Panels as a donation and tax write off? Put these up for sale and only accept SLR.

I favor a more organic approach. Let Solarcoin find it's market niche.
legendary

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hey is there any bounty left for this thing?
Activity: 98
I know I'm late to all this stuff but is there any type of bounty left for these types of things? Not sure if I completely undertand them tho lol
legendary
Looks like the majority of the altcoin prices are all down now as people are trading their altcoins for more bitcoin in preparation for the upcoming fork so they can maximize the amount of bitcoincash they can get on Aug 1st.

I think recent price drop is due to lack of development.
Look Solarcoin github. There is no activity within last 6 month.

There hasn't been a wallet update in a bit, but that's getting attention. There are plenty of developments for Solarcoin, they just aren't focused on the wallet software, however there was a bounty for updating the wallet.

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin?utm_content=buffercfac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#tab_Comments

I know that, the cash equivalent value of bounties are declined due to price slide.
If the winners sell their SLR, the price will drop once again.

I'm long holder and supporter of Solarcoin. But I'm losing faith.

That's the bear market. I can't tell you what the future holds, but I can say I've seen this before. There are always periods of drought.

Problem is that the Drought is caused by the Sun and even when it Rains SLR through the Leaky ceiling, the ground just dries up too fast. Need to make a buy climate instead of a dry climate. No reason to buy SLR right now.

It's a good time to buy SLR.

Sure definitely a good time to buy. But, the only "reason" to buy right now is if you bought higher and needed to hedge your position.

Just be glad SLR never did an ICO. It is still way better off than any type of ICO ever.

I can think of more "reasons" to buy, for example, if you have more money lying around that you want to invest in the current market regardless of your previously held positions.

I guess if that is a good enough reason then SLR should have made it's motto; the sitting around money coin, and rely on those type of people who would rather spend the money that they have lying around on SLR rather than buy Solar with it. See the disparity now? But way better than corporate ICO of a solar farm.

In an ideal world most of Bitcoin would have already transferred over to SLR and we would just use SLR instead of Bitcoin. But we could still use SLR in a better way. Making the Claim an internal PEG and using it as trade gets the coin out there. Like minded people can trade it at the PEG and gain value. Then instead of taking a loss on something you bought you can PEG it at what you paid retail at the SLR PEG. Example: Old item in your closet (Just money laying around) Retailed for $300 and you could sell it on ebay for $30. 1MWh Retail average PEG of SLR may be $150 per coin so you can take 2 SLR for the $300 item. You now can claim a loss on the item of $29.72 as you are giving to a non profit organization called Solarcoin. Yet you now can use that 2 SLR at $150. You can never get more than $150 for it since it is Pegged to the price of 1MWh.

Never mind that the person who generated the 2 SLR used the Power and saved money. They got a $30 something from your closet now too and it is like you are making the world a better place by giving incentive to buy solar. But the seller holds $300 worth of SLR now to go buy something that they want from someone else at the Pegged price.

Now the more people SLR can get doing this, the people will suddenly realize... Oh I can go BUY some SLR and trade at the PEG for products that people are willing to use to back solar with. Even if some of the people want to place a depreciated value at the PEG for $30 of the $300 retail and only pay .2 SLR for the product you get the economy rolling! The seller will hold that .2 SLR now and hope that SLR reaches $150 on the exchange. They can then cash out or just use it at the internal PEG for something they want etc.

So now what happens to the price of Solarcoin when you have products that are willing to be sold at the PEG? The price goes up, especially when someone can just come in from Bitcoin and have a shopping spree and become a part of SLR and they hold the coin as the price goes up and make money for shopping.

Now the person selling the product can take a write off and we could also write that transaction publicly to the blockchain.

Maybe the devs will take this to heart but I doubt it. It really is backwards since someone has to take a product that they have value in and put that value into Solarcoin. It is a huge leap of faith and most of the products would probably be junk. lol

But making a BUY is what needs to happen. So if you can come up with a better way other than just having money laying around as a reason to buy SLR, lets hear it...

EDIT***
Also realize that the more people you get to BUY from the exchange... You now have distributed the POW coin and those POW coin holders will back the economy at lower prices granted but that Bitcoin will most likely stay in the market! I am pretty sure the majority would buy and sell along with all the other people who came to buy coin to trade at the PEG for shopping. It would be a massive boost at the least.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Looks like the majority of the altcoin prices are all down now as people are trading their altcoins for more bitcoin in preparation for the upcoming fork so they can maximize the amount of bitcoincash they can get on Aug 1st.

There hasn't been a wallet update in a bit, but that's getting attention. There are plenty of developments for Solarcoin, they just aren't focused on the wallet software, however there was a bounty for updating the wallet.

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin?utm_content=buffercfac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#tab_Comments

I know that, the cash equivalent value of bounties are declined due to price slide.

That's the bear market. I can't tell you what the future holds, but I can say I've seen this before. There are always periods of drought.

Problem is that the Drought is caused by the Sun and even when it Rains SLR through the Leaky ceiling, the ground just dries up too fast. Need to make a buy climate instead of a dry climate. No reason to buy SLR right now.

Sure definitely a good time to buy. But, the only "reason" to buy right now is if you bought higher and needed to hedge your position.

Just be glad SLR never did an ICO. It is still way better off than any type of ICO ever.

I can think of more "reasons" to buy, for example, if you have more money lying around that you want to invest in the current market regardless of your previously held positions.
legendary

legendary
Solarcoin.org

legendary

legendary
Solarcoin.org
Someone is trying to ride the ICO hype and to try to grab money taking off the hat the rabbit of solar energy:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2020066
Just wanted you to know Smiley
By the way, how's the project proceeding? I've been missing from solarcoin scene for 3 years and I've realised that with my then 4$ worth of SLR I could now fly from Europe to Zew Zealand and back Smiley...

Check out the Solarcoin news page https://solarcoin.org/en/news/. There's a lot of silent work being done.
Activity: 57
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
Someone is trying to ride the ICO hype and to try to grab money taking off the hat the rabbit of solar energy:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2020066
Just wanted you to know Smiley
By the way, how's the project proceeding? I've been missing from solarcoin scene for 3 years and I've realised that with my then 4$ worth of SLR I could now fly from Europe to Zew Zealand and back Smiley...
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'm guessing price will rise again after August 1st, when bitcoin price rises again.
For now, we are seeing lots of very cheap SLR. Enjoy it while you can  Grin
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
https://preview.ibb.co/mRp6AF/Untitledslr.jpg

Strong support at the 6000 satoshi level for nearly a year now. So the current dip means it is a good time to buy Smiley Smiley Smiley

see it like you, get some SLRs Wink
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

The core wallet works perfectly as it is, what development is needed, none really.  The upgrade is to give some new features like integration with copay and chain pruning for the IoT nodes, its encouraging that SLR doesnt need a lot of development.
legendary
Solarcoin.org

Pages:
Jump to: