Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 50. (Read 466803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Isn't that what Trump is about though? Letting the private sector work its magic?
I dont really understand most of what he does, but we dont have to worry anymore, we can do it for ourselves.

Paris agreement doesn't really mean much. Countries like China can game it. China will increase their emissions and still be a part of the Paris agreement. Trump just wants to create jobs and not use a spurious agreement that no one really is beholden to or does much good since even before the Paris agreement China reduced emissions. etc etc. Just political rhetoric and spin.

Very True CryptoNick
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Isn't that what Trump is about though? Letting the private sector work its magic?
I dont really understand most of what he does, but we dont have to worry anymore, we can do it for ourselves.

Paris agreement doesn't really mean much. Countries like China can game it. China will increase their emissions and still be a part of the Paris agreement. Trump just wants to create jobs and not use a spurious agreement that no one really is beholden to or does much good since even before the Paris agreement China reduced emissions. etc etc. Just political rhetoric and spin.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Nick could you explain what these wallet improvements would mean for Solarcoin?  tia

At the interface level of the QT wallet not much.  Structurally under the hood we get chain pruning (significantly reduce) the size of the Chain important for the IOT community etc. 

A list of the improvements is here: Most are stability and security related.  Benefits can be found here: https://bitcoincore.org/en/releases/
legendary
Nick could you explain what these wallet improvements would mean for Solarcoin?  tia
Upgrade the Solarcoin from Bitcoin Core v 0.04 to Bitcoin Core v.0.14.1.

$1900
1STPRIZE

$950
2NDPRIZE

$950
2NDPRIZE

$950
2NDPRIZE

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin

1st prize is being matched with SLR 10,000 from the foundation as well.
legendary
Upgrade the Solarcoin from Bitcoin Core v 0.04 to Bitcoin Core v.0.14.1.

$1900
1STPRIZE

$950
2NDPRIZE

$950
2NDPRIZE

$950
2NDPRIZE

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin

legendary
I added a new version of my datalogger that can post solar PV generation to the SolarCoin blockchain from any energy production meter that has an LED pulse, please see the details at:  https://github.com/Scalextrix/ELCC/tree/master/LED

Nice work!
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I added a new version of my datalogger that can post solar PV generation to the SolarCoin blockchain from any energy production meter that has an LED pulse, please see the details at:  https://github.com/Scalextrix/ELCC/tree/master/LED
legendary

Re: [ANN][ENRG]EnergyCoin v1.5.1 | energycoin.eu | energyexchange.eu | Energyparty
May 27, 2017, 07:03:50 PM
Reply with quote  #1082

Quote from: vipgelsi on May 27, 2017, 05:35:47 PM
I would not mind that but you should have the solarcoins stored away to represent them on the exchange.
1000 solarcoin on your exchange should have 1000 solarcoins backed in cold storage.
If you look at the lykke exchange for ever solarcoin colored coin they have there is 1 solarcoin pledge in storage.

Indeed cold storage if we issue SOLARCOIN asset.
Also for other value we issue as assets/tokens.
No empty tokens and that is thee reason only EnergyCoin Foundation can issue assets/tokens with business plan.

Happy staking,
Brian
legendary
Might be good for Solarcoin?

Re: [ANN][ENRG]EnergyCoin v1.5.1 | energycoin.eu | energyexchange.eu | Energyparty
Today at 12:49:51 PM
Reply with quote  #1077

Quote from: vipgelsi on Today at 12:37:26 PM
You guys remind me of Solarcoin.

SolarCoin was always bigger but now #90 and we on #58 today on http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/

I think we have a better vision with EnergyParty for P2P energytrading and posibility of solar crowdfunding tokens.
We can offer SOLARCOIN token on our blockchain.
plz contact EnergyCoin Foundation for a nice offer.

Happy staking,
Brian
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
Another possibility is, Solarcoin isn't linked to Bitcoin anymore, so its playing by its own rules. Vipgelsi is probably right on also, if someone is selling off, that can cause a dip. Not worried in the least however. There's a bright future for Solarcoin. Anyone who takes a moment to look into it will see the potential. I will admit it's a little rough around the edges, but it's a rough diamond, not a lump of coal.

About SLR "not linked" to BTC anymore - I agree here - if we look at the price in SLR / BTC ratio, since ~may 2016 we are going "down" ~ 400% and I'm not happy about it, but if we look at that price in USD / SLR - we are going up and the growth may be slow but it is steady so I hope it will continue that way and it is for the best. Anyway every time I see some big wallet dump his stash at Bittrex I get mad, but overall we need distribution so in the long run I guess it is good if we get rid of the big whales - and speaking about big wallets I saw this one https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/address.dws?258872.htm and I was confused -
when he popped up there  Huh I didn't saw him last time I checked that rich list, but that amount of coin in the hands of one person is disturbing, especially to the new comers/investors. Anyway I think overall we will see a major increase in the price later this year with all of the stuff that is going on behind the curtains of the project - once we polish that rough diamond it will shine for sure  Smiley
I agree with your thoughts. Remember that any coin that have total supply sizable must take time distribution from one person to another. Besides the delivery period is the time to promote and upgrade the technology and the roadmap of the project. Smiley
legendary
I gotcha i was thinking Bitspill needed this to get copay working. I pm him via slack for an ETA update on copay so far haven't heard anything he must be busy.
Do we need Version 0.12. for Copay wallet?

V0.12 not a requirement to upgrade.  They are independent.

Some have suggested upgrade to v0.14.
legendary
Do we need Version 0.12. for Copay wallet?
I like what I was reading about SolarCoin but some things just put me off.

First of all, SolarCoin's website. The website is essentially the portal to their product and it looks like it was made by a 10 year old Indian kid called Pajeet using wix.com. Secondly, the visuals presented on their website look like they were made by 9 year old aspiring GFX artist who has just discovered MS Paint. Furthermore, spelling errors in the first paragraph in their f'in SolarCoin PDF summary posted on their website, what is up with that!?

Promising high-end technological innovation and their website looks like complete dogpoo, I am confused.

Would you rather a slick website and nothing but an ICO with no real product to offer?

I would rather have both, it is 2017. Something is not right.

There is a  §5,000k SLR bounty fix the site. at $0.23=$1,150  JZA is working on it. Has been for awhile. If you want to help him out.  Go to telegram or slack and sign up.  We want to get better.

there is a  §25,000* bounty to upgrade the bitcoin core in solarcoin wallet to Version 0.12.

* §10,000 from Solarcoin Foundation and  §15,000 from Lykke streams.  Lykke will post soon.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I like what I was reading about SolarCoin but some things just put me off.

First of all, SolarCoin's website. The website is essentially the portal to their product and it looks like it was made by a 10 year old Indian kid called Pajeet using wix.com. Secondly, the visuals presented on their website look like they were made by 9 year old aspiring GFX artist who has just discovered MS Paint. Furthermore, spelling errors in the first paragraph in their f'in SolarCoin PDF summary posted on their website, what is up with that!?

Promising high-end technological innovation and their website looks like complete dogpoo, I am confused.

Would you rather a slick website and nothing but an ICO with no real product to offer?

I would rather have both, it is 2017. Something is not right.
Pages:
Jump to: