Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 47. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Looks like the majority of the altcoin prices are all down now as people are trading their altcoins for more bitcoin in preparation for the upcoming fork so they can maximize the amount of bitcoincash they can get on Aug 1st.

I think recent price drop is due to lack of development.
Look Solarcoin github. There is no activity within last 6 month.

There hasn't been a wallet update in a bit, but that's getting attention. There are plenty of developments for Solarcoin, they just aren't focused on the wallet software, however there was a bounty for updating the wallet.

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin?utm_content=buffercfac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#tab_Comments

I know that, the cash equivalent value of bounties are declined due to price slide.
If the winners sell their SLR, the price will drop once again.

I'm long holder and supporter of Solarcoin. But I'm losing faith.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Looks like the majority of the altcoin prices are all down now as people are trading their altcoins for more bitcoin in preparation for the upcoming fork so they can maximize the amount of bitcoincash they can get on Aug 1st.

There hasn't been a wallet update in a bit, but that's getting attention. There are plenty of developments for Solarcoin, they just aren't focused on the wallet software, however there was a bounty for updating the wallet.

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin?utm_content=buffercfac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#tab_Comments

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 126
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/15/trump-paris-climate-deal-richard-branson

"Donald Trump regrets the “bizarre mistake” of withdrawing the US from the Paris climate agreement"
“'(Trump) told me that he would try to find a solution in the coming months',”
... The solution is to incentivize renewable energy production. (hint hint Solarcoin?!?!)

Strong support at the 6000 satoshi level for nearly a year now. So the current dip means it is a good time to buy Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
SolarCoin and ElectriCChain are participating to the Bangkok Hackathon organized by the German Development Agency GIZ: smartenergyhackathon.com
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.

Please note the solarcoin foundation makes no claim to future trading price or fungability of the solarcoin reward or size of the group of future participants in the Solarcoin reward program.  

The journalist was taking the math out of context. The solarcoin foundation strives to incent solar energy for the next 40 years increase the size of the participating claimants and believes this could increase the potential value of the reward due to emerging network effects but makes no guarantee implicit or explicit in regards to future price of the reward.  Value may be a function of participants while price is a combination of factors including speculative dynamics which are beyond the control or ability to predict of any group or entity.  The Solarcoin foundation does not endorse or encourage the speculative purchase of Solarcoin reward tokens.

Solarcoin is not a securities offering under the 1933 securities act and should not be considered as such. Solarcoin is a granted as a reward given away freely to verified producers of solar energy at the rate of 1 MWh per 1 SLR. The award of solarcoin is at the discretion of the Solarcoin foundation.

No future award, price, redemption for solarcoin, traded value, tradeability, fungability or other value is implied or guaranteed by the Solarcoin foundation. Solarcoin software is an open source, open protocol provided on an at will and at risk basis with no implied or expected levels of quality or service. Users should consider use of any such software, tokens or related services etc. as emerging technology which may contain bugs or be at risk.  This is true of most all blockchain protocols, products and services.
Solarcoin and United Nations climate change

The current price is like the calm before the storm.
I'm happy to be getting some more buy orders in at such a good price before we rally toward $1+

Very interesting, I am quite excited to see what becomes of this coin in the near future, especially since the UN has their eye on Solarcoin. If, for example, the UN decided to invest $1 million toward the price of this coin, then we would suddenly be in the 200-400k satoshi range, or around $5-10 per coin.

The current price is like the calm before the storm.
I'm happy to be getting some more buy orders in at such a good price before we rally toward $1+
legendary

Doing some rough arithmetic about Solarcoins value, even at 10x growth, it would only hit a 70 million market cap. That wouldn't even put it in the top 50 which still seems undervalued.

Also consider if the foundation wants to grant 98 billion coins in a 40 year period, which we're already about 2-3 years in, that's roughly 2.5 billion coins a year. Is that possible? Probably not in the short term. I see a gradual curve of growth until the last few years where we may see exponential growth of claims, however I still think we'll fall short of the grant goal, just by looking at those figures. It's hard to give stuff away, and 98 billion "stuffs" is quite a challenge. If within the next 5 years or so the Solarcoin foundation can grant 7 million coins a year, that will double the coin supply in circulation and get the coins in the right hands. That's a more reasonable challenge that I think will have a huge impact on Solarcoin's value, not to mention subsidizing an additional 35 million MW/h of clean sustainable electricity! Until then, even with some crude mathematics it's easy to conclude the undervalued nature of Solarcoin right now.

We've already witnessed 100x growth from Solarcoins very bottom, conservatively if you look at the numbers on average from where the price generally stabilized a couple of years ago (at around 1200 satoshis) it's still 33x growth from a small number of grants and awareness.

Good analysis, thanks for this Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Livestream is in 1.5 hours from now. Solarly has confirmed. ElectriCChain (@francois Francois) also might join us. The meme contest got a lot of meme's this month.

Livestream Solcrypto SolarCoin Hangout #3 July 7th, 4pm JST (7-8am GMT), Pacific GMT-7.

Livestream for the Hangout #3.
Remember this is a public forum for this livestream and only open public projects should be discussed.

Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgRDmOWL-pwrv2UEYVDlXOg/live

Hangouts here: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/smugg2huure5vl2eequyqewa5ie

Topic list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VAAkDWp3mgiS3LdCKjYyHxvOVpc1y2ULQeJcuWmcA60/edit?usp=sharing

Suggested Topic list:

00:00- 01:30 Introductions and topic overview to be discussed
01:30-03:23 Meme contest and numbers 1-5 (winner gets 50 SLR). UPVOTE in comments.
03:23-09:23 Discussion of overall project. Some comments on other ICO’s in the space.
09:23-13:32 Raspberry Pi3 updates and plan for the next month.
13:32-22:00 HTML interface to setup the platform for RPI3b.
22:00-24:50 Upcoming hackathon in Thailand
24:50-27:20 IOTA to SLR mirror at 1MWh = 1SLR input gateway.
27:20-29:00 SolarCoin Community Ambassador- any updates?
29:00-30:50 Off-grid Solar Projects
30:50-34:12 Solarly project update?
34:12-35:57  SolarCoin should concentrate on first world (good bandwidth) first to iron out bugs, as a strong suggestion.
35:57-39:19  Open-ElectriCChain update- Francois?
39:19 -41:10 Open- Global SolarChange?
41:10-43:00 Open Other projects?
43:00-49:10 Feedback on SolarCoin.org website. Difficult to find the media kit, structure needs to be improved.
49:10-50:00 Windup and goodbyes.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Thanks to user_fred for finding this.

https://cryptrader.com/charts/bittrex/slr/btc

Yeah cryptrader is great. I've been using that for over a year for SLR/BTC
Pages:
Jump to: