Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 48. (Read 466803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Do you need help with a Livestream box or technical setup?

Thanks mate, I got hangouts on air going well. Just tested.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Doing some rough arithmetic about Solarcoins value, even at 10x growth, it would only hit a 70 million market cap. That wouldn't even put it in the top 50 which still seems undervalued.

Also consider if the foundation wants to grant 98 billion coins in a 40 year period, which we're already about 2-3 years in, that's roughly 2.5 billion coins a year. Is that possible? Probably not in the short term. I see a gradual curve of growth until the last few years where we may see exponential growth of claims, however I still think we'll fall short of the grant goal, just by looking at those figures. It's hard to give stuff away, and 98 billion "stuffs" is quite a challenge. If within the next 5 years or so the Solarcoin foundation can grant 7 million coins a year, that will double the coin supply in circulation and get the coins in the right hands. That's a more reasonable challenge that I think will have a huge impact on Solarcoin's value, not to mention subsidizing an additional 35 million MW/h of clean sustainable electricity! Until then, even with some crude mathematics it's easy to conclude the undervalued nature of Solarcoin right now.

We've already witnessed 100x growth from Solarcoins very bottom, conservatively if you look at the numbers on average from where the price generally stabilized a couple of years ago (at around 1200 satoshis) it's still 33x growth from a small number of grants and awareness.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Do you need help with a Livestream box or technical setup?
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

Livestream Solcrypto SolarCoin Hangout #3 July 7th, 4pm JST (7-8am GMT), Pacific GMT-7.

Livestream for the Hangout #3.
Remember this is a public forum for this livestream and only open public projects should be discussed.

Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgRDmOWL-pwrv2UEYVDlXOg/live

Hangouts here: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/smugg2huure5vl2eequyqewa5ie

Topic list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VAAkDWp3mgiS3LdCKjYyHxvOVpc1y2ULQeJcuWmcA60/edit?usp=sharing

Suggested Topic list:

00:00- 01:30 Introductions and topic overview to be discussed
01:30-03:23 Meme contest and numbers 1-5 (winner gets 50 SLR). UPVOTE in comments.
03:23-09:23 Discussion of overall project. Some comments on other ICO’s in the space.
09:23-13:32 Raspberry Pi3 updates and plan for the next month.
13:32-22:00 HTML interface to setup the platform for RPI3b.
22:00-24:50 Upcoming hackathon in Thailand
24:50-27:20 IOTA to SLR mirror at 1MWh = 1SLR input gateway.
27:20-29:00 SolarCoin Community Ambassador- any updates?
29:00-30:50 Off-grid Solar Projects
30:50-34:12 Solarly project update?
34:12-35:57  SolarCoin should concentrate on first world (good bandwidth) first to iron out bugs, as a strong suggestion.
35:57-39:19  Open-ElectriCChain update- Francois?
39:19 -41:10 Open- Global SolarChange?
41:10-43:00 Open Other projects?
43:00-49:10 Feedback on SolarCoin.org website. Difficult to find the media kit, structure needs to be improved.
49:10-50:00 Windup and goodbyes.
legendary
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'll buy a few diamond ... and I'll buy some more solarcoin too! Wink
SLR definitely undervalued.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Diamond coin just went crazy. Solarcoin is so undervalued it's crazy

Solarcoin - 98.1 billion total coin in the system, this is too much coins.
Diamond only 4.38 million total coin in the system.
In my opinion it's more like Doge than Diamond  Smiley

It's enough to satisfy a 40 year participation rate.

I do not think that all these 40 years people will be buying coins knowing that inflation continues and continues.
But in any case, good luck to your project and the opportunity to find your place under the sun  Smiley

That's the whole point. They don't buy them, they're granted for solar production.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

I do not think that all these 40 years people will be buying coins knowing that inflation continues and continues.
But in any case, good luck to your project and the opportunity to find your place under the sun  Smiley
legendary
Solarcoin.org

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

legendary
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
When will the Foundation's dream of reaching $30 apiece materialize?  Grin

When enough solar claimants participate.
Its going to be a long journey for SLR then. New competitors cropping up as well.

New competitors? That are also incentivizing solar energy by offering grants to those that produce solar power? I'm interested to find out more about these competitors because I haven't heard anything about another organization that is accomplishing what the Solarcoin Foundation is accomplishing.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Its going to be a long journey for SLR then. New competitors cropping up as well.

You should have bought SLR when it was a fraction of a penny, maybe then you would be less eager to try and spread FUD. There's still a long way to go though as this is a 40 + year project so it's certainly not to late to get involved. As you pointed out SLR still has a lot of room for growth.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

legendary
Solarcoin.org

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
When will the Foundation's dream of reaching $30 apiece materialize?  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: