Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SPA] SpainCoin: freedom for Spain - Airdrop ended, last coins destroyed!! - page 99. (Read 347615 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
i assumed same probability of success (although i did not say so explicitly, since as you said it was so fucking obvious) thus the expectation is only dependent on pay-off. Downside is same in both. Upside is way bigger in SPA. Hence the expected return on SPA is much larger

But there is absolutely no justification for believing that the probabilities are the same.
You can't say 'look at the math' if you have just made up the numbers to give the correct result.
And the downside probabilities aren't the same either. There is much more likelihood than random alt-coin X will lose 90% of its value than that a mainsteam stock will.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Do you guys think that 0,05 would be possible again for SPA in the shortterm?

I think you meant 0.005

I hope it will be there someday

haha ups sorry, yes I meant 0,005 sorry lolz.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
sooner or later the kraken will rise again
- you could buy a national cryptocurrency which if it goes up will go up by MULTIPLES, ie 100% percent at a time. I mean, you don't want to invest any money you cant afford to lose, but look at the math

SPAcoin vs speculative tech stock:

invest $1k with both

if they don't work out both leave you with nothing

if the tech stock makes you money you make 50-200% of your money

if the SPA makes you money it makes you 300-10000% of your money

no question that its a buy here, even if it does end up going to 0. you'll make money in the long term taking risk-weighted bets like this.

The rather obvious point you've missed is that there is no reason to think that there is the same likelyhood that SPA will make you money vs investing in a stock. If it works it will make you more money, but it is less likely to work. Without taking account of both of those factors you can't say whether the expected return is better or not.
The obvious counter argument is that playing the lottery might give you a 1000000% return, but the expected return of playing the lottery is a loss, on average you will get out of it less than you put in. That isn't investing, it is gambling.

i assumed same probability of success (although i did not say so explicitly, since as you said it was so fucking obvious) thus the expectation is only dependent on pay-off. Downside is same in both. Upside is way bigger in SPA. Hence the expected return on SPA is much larger

the only difference between investing, trading, gambling is the timetable and the level of due diligence pursued. Investing is long term time horizon, but is still a calculated bet. Trading is a short term calculated bet but to do it profitably you still have to make trades that have a positive expectancy, although since you're making MORE trades (smaller time horizon) you can tolerate a lower probability of success on any given trade and lower expected return per trade. Gambling, of course, is a combination of high frequency and negative expectancy.

feel free to miss the boat. point is i would rather lose a couple grand than not make qtr of a mil, your choice.

I'm the same actually, a risk is necessary for a huge profit. I'm watching SPA closely and I'm ready to buy in at some point soon.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
- you could buy a national cryptocurrency which if it goes up will go up by MULTIPLES, ie 100% percent at a time. I mean, you don't want to invest any money you cant afford to lose, but look at the math

invest $1k with both

no question that its a buy here, even if it does end up going to 0. you'll make money in the long term taking risk-weighted bets like this.

The rather obvious point you've missed is that there is no reason to think that there is the same likelyhood that SPA will make you money vs investing in a stock. If it works it will make you more money, but it is less likely to work. Without taking account of both of those factors you can't say whether the expected return is better or not.
The obvious counter argument is that playing the lottery might give you a 1000000% return, but the expected return of playing the lottery is a loss, on average you will get out of it less than you put in. That isn't investing, it is gambling.

the only difference between investing, trading, gambling is the timetable and the level of due diligence pursued. Investing is long term time horizon, but is still a calculated bet. Trading is a short term calculated bet but to do it profitably you still have to make trades that have a positive expectancy, although since you're making MORE trades (smaller time horizon) you can tolerate a lower probability of success on any given trade and lower expected return per trade. Gambling, of course, is a combination of high frequency and negative expectancy.

feel free to miss the boat. point is i would rather lose a couple grand than not make qtr of a mil, your choice.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Let's do some numbers:

Auroracoin for Iceland

Population: 330,000
Premine: 10.5 M
AUR per person: 31.8
Current value per person: $15.52 x 31.8 = $493.536

Spaincoin for Spain

Population: 46.82 M
Premine: 25M
SPA per person: ~0.534
Current value per person: $0.67 x 0.534 = $0.358

This is a huge difference! If the value per person was the same as AUR atm, then Spaincoin would have a market cap of $23 billion!!!

Bottom line is, do you think SPA has more or less potential than Auroracoin? Based on the numbers, SPA could be massively undervalued.

you are wrong

The giveaway is only 8 million of the 47 million Spanish people

Premined coins distribution:
It will be done in 5 stages, starting on April 16:
Stage   Coins/person   Coins:   People:
1             100      5M           50k
2               50         2.5M           50k
3               25         2.5M          100k
4               10            8M          800k
5                1            7M          7M
Total: 25M coins for max 8M people. We assume not every Spaniard will claim their coins. Each stage will last 2 moths, any coins remaining will be either rolled over to the following stage or destroyed. We will watch the coin supply and try not to flood the market giving away coins (we'll probably place daily quotas in the first few days of giving out coins, so that at least no more coins are being given away than being mined).

You can sign up here to be notified when the coin distribution starts:
http://signup.spaincoin.org/

More info on coin distribution: http://blog.spaincoin.org/spaincoin-distribution/

Premined coins are held in the following addresses, each one holding 5M coins:
SN53ACZTXEXHcKmrmNnt8i87HXw1nL5kSC
SMrv5huHD9wYRXex5PPWH5R8RNSdP2zmj2
SiGzqAuC6dqv7bg1rEzpgKcekB6VMaAgTu
SX8g9BvY8VBappPXoCenPSzQYzAb5MN238
SbNcmgXZJKLGWuP2FEKUrnmB6AU6yFVXKJ
legendary
Activity: 1288
BC is going crazy at the moment Smiley

In SPA department still calmness and slight waves.
Activity: 168
Let's do some numbers:

Auroracoin for Iceland

Spaincoin for Spain

This is a huge difference! If the value per person was the same as AUR atm, then Spaincoin would have a market cap of $23 billion!!!

Bottom line is, do you think SPA has more or less potential than Auroracoin? Based on the numbers, SPA could be massively undervalued.

you are wrong

The giveaway is only 8 million of the 47 million Spanish people

Activity: 12
legendary
Activity: 1288

I think you meant 0.005

I hope it will be there someday
Activity: 277
Let's do some numbers:

Auroracoin for Iceland

Spaincoin for Spain

Activity: 826
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Call me the coin wrecker (;

invest $1k with both

If you hold for long term, its investing. You're investing in the future of crypto currency and its wide spread acceptance when you put money into projects like this.
Activity: 476

invest $1k with both

i certainly think there is a great risk-weighted bet to be had here buying SPA.

as far as investment options are concerned:

- your bank pays you fuck all on your deposits and with fees actually charges you for lending them money...
- the yield on a 10yr US treasury note is only 2.69%, granted thats higher than 3 months ago before fed taper but still super low by historical standards
- you could buy a stockmarket thats already rallied non-stop for 4 years, buoyed only by fed quantitative easing which is being removed as we speak

OR

invest $1k with both

Yes. If you play markets right you can easily double, triple, or even quadruple your btc on a daily basis. If you have a good pump team thats organized you can make thousands on a daily basis. Even in the long run you can make money if things dont work out. Imagine playing parts in an aspect of a country's money supply. I think SPA is a sleeping giant right now.
Activity: 28

i certainly think there is a great risk-weighted bet to be had here buying SPA.

as far as investment options are concerned:

- your bank pays you fuck all on your deposits and with fees actually charges you for lending them money...
- the yield on a 10yr US treasury note is only 2.69%, granted thats higher than 3 months ago before fed taper but still super low by historical standards
- you could buy a stockmarket thats already rallied non-stop for 4 years, buoyed only by fed quantitative easing which is being removed as we speak

OR

invest $1k with both

Activity: 196
Its bs how spa was on its way up to .002 yesterday while mintpal was down then the priced dipped again once it came back on. This seems pretty stable ~$.70 for now though. It could easily stabilize to $3.50+

Yeah i do not like mintpal we should get off of that exchange i dont like it but it is a free market so cant do much about it
Its bs how spa was on its way up to .002 yesterday while mintpal was down then the priced dipped again once it came back on. This seems pretty stable ~$.70 for now though. It could easily stabilize to $3.50+
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
http://altoidnerd.com
Activity: 322
Pages:
Jump to: