Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 100. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
It's been 4 1/2 days since I've received a staking reward. My wallet is good, says I'm staking my full weight of coins, yet there's been nothing. I was averaging 1-3 rewards of 2.11xxxxxxx XSPEC a day for around a month. Any reason for this?
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Guys, even now we have just started
You're welcomed @ reddit
Where we'll try to sort information by the topics and ad more structure
https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Does wallet need to be on 24/7 to get full staking amount?

Yes of course.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Does wallet need to be on 24/7 to get full staking amount?
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Spectreproject Weekly Update
Saturday, September 30th – Saturday, October 7th

Slack by the numbers - Welcome to the 25 members added to our community….our Slack group is now 832 members and growing daily.

Jach I., Pez, Justin, snow, chingchangchong, Pasha, Chloe Cornish, klaks, mbay, samuraikai, Josh D, Bos_texanus , cryptorowly, environment, danny5678309, hemlock, nyocory, googie , Jayden Wall, Brian, Zak Black, trappist, Poppy Butcher, dick head, and heapd

Things have calmed down with being pestered by the Slack bots, alternatives have been checked out but placed on hold for time being.

Dev nuts and Bolts - @jbg updated that  in the last week the team has worked on making the existing wallet easier to build on various Linux distributions, this to help with the trouble some Linux users have been having (including Livecoin).

They have also done a lot of testing on the new testnet, including testing of planned stealth coin / stealth address modifications, and also testing of the staking rewards after @leobitman  indicated some potential concerns. Intensive testing continues, and  a report will be made in due course.

User Interface updates are progressing as planned, it's a lot of work but we hope to have them complete by mid-month.

More detail is available on the report @jbg made on the "dev_techtalk" channel in Slack.

Closing Words - Our grassroots marketing efforts are gaining momentum. New member chaser_888 has established a presence for Spectreproject on Reddit. @rkh is working on its design. https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/

@harvw and I are planning another run with the “Feature Coin” scroll both leading up to and during the release of v1.4 when that  date firms up a little more. A big part of the funds are already accumulated. If you would like to donate, its advisable to place “buy” orders for the DOT coin rather than purchase peoples “sell” orders and have them in hand and ready.

Others are promoting and talking up xspec and Spectreproject everyday…...which does far more good than we all realize.

Finally, to try to reduce unused channels….the remittance app and privacy_all_aspects channels are used very little. Looks like off topic could be used instead and these will be removed by end of the month.

We’re looking forward to v1.4 in the next few weeks and appreciate everyone’s patience as Spectreproject and xspec enters a totally new phase of its development.

As always,
Beachguy

Coin Mage
My wallet shows zero balance:
http://take.ms/s5K5F
How to fix it?

A) (Easiest option) wait a few days until version 1.4 gets released, which (hopefully) fixes this problem.
B) Wait until you stake, which should (maybe) update the display.
C) (Fastest option) Come to Slack (optional) and let us explain to you how to start the wallet with the -rescan parameter.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
My wallet shows zero balance:
http://take.ms/s5K5F
How to fix it?
Activity: 256
Merit: 100

There are two: "stakingprivate" the previous and the new "staking" public.
Now the staking channel is public, thanks to the fast management of mandica.

Yes, now I can see it.  Thanks!
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Everybody here join our new subreddit on Reddit.com! Smiley  https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/

I'll follow Gandalf anywhere.

Love what Spectre has to offer... once the comparisons of this privacy coin vs others become known it will surely gain steam!
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
I just checked, and can confirm that there is no channel named "staking" listed on the Spectrecoin Slack.  Not even under Private channels.

There are two: "stakingprivate" the previous and the new "staking" public.
Now the staking channel is public, thanks to the fast management of mandica.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
I just checked, and can confirm that there is no channel named "staking" listed on the Spectrecoin Slack.  Not even under Private channels.
Leo Bitman
Wallet: Optimal settings for Staking

To divide, in 10 directions, the total funds in our wallet,
is the number of addresses with the best results when staking.

This conclusion is obtained after testing for two months, with two PCs,
one with Windows 7 and other with Windows 10.

At the beginning you notice a very big difference,
without dividing it can take two months to regularize the flow, of staking funds.
But with funds divided into 10 addresses, the initial momentum is very short,
and may take approximately one week to regularize the flow, of staking funds.

A practical way to do these tests is to create another user on the same device,
so that you have more than one functional wallet on the same device. This is the key.

It is always convenient to divide in 10 or more addresses, the funds that are in a single address,
for reasons of Staking, for reasons of Privacy and for reasons of Availability.

(Special cases ask in Slack. Channel: #staking)

I call BS on this. That's not how it works. The reward you get is relative to your total balance, when X is the staking ratio (5% per year), and Y and Z are balances, then X*(Y+Z) = X*Y + X*Z, so it shouldn't make a difference, except when smaller balances would systematically get a higher % per year than bigger balances (which may be the case for some coins, but not Spectre).

Oh and there is no public channel called #staking in the Spectrecoin Slack. Roll Eyes
1º. Clean your glasses and stop seeing BS.

2º. You can not deny reality. My tests are scientific,
they can be repeated as many times as necessary and will give the same result.
Brief mathematical demonstration:
Calling "y" to a unique address and
calling n1, n2, n3, ..., n10 to the 10 new addresses
If x is a factor to multiply to get Staking.
1. z = x * (y) which reduces to:
1. z = x * (0) when address "y" received staking.
1. z = 0         for ~5 hours.

Now consider the case with 10 addresses.
2. z = x * (n1+n2+n3+, ..., +n10) what happens now when an address receives staking? (n2 for example)
2. z = x * (n1+ 0 +n3+, ...,+n 10) now 9 addresses are still staking.
We see in this case that the process is not interrupted, in addition if it has enough addresses,
the process stabilizes, using only less than 10% of its total capital.

3º. There is the staking channel in Slack,
for now it is private but that does not stop anyone from entering,
just ask: @leobitman.

4º. I have already created the user LeoBitman on reddit and soon I will be there,
to collaborate with the subreddit SpectreCoin,  
looks very interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC
Coin Mage
is there a staking calculator somewhere ?

and can someone explain how I stake the coins? Do I just transfer them to the wallet and leave the wallet running and it will stake automatically?
You can start here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19825480

Also ask in Slack.

Asking in Slack is always a good idea!  Wink

Additionally, the same question was asked (and answered by me) here on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/74td3n/staking_calculator/
Leo Bitman

and can someone explain how I stake the coins? Do I just transfer them to the wallet and leave the wallet running and it will stake automatically?
You can start here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19825480

Also ask in Slack.
Coin Mage

without dividing it can take two months to regularize the flow, of staking funds.

so that you have more than one functional wallet on the same device. This is the key.

It is always convenient to divide in 10 or more addresses, the funds that are in a single address,

I call BS on this. That's not how it works. The reward you get is relative to your total balance, when X is the staking ratio (5% per year), and Y and Z are balances, then X*(Y+Z) = X*Y + X*Z, so it shouldn't make a difference, except when smaller balances would systematically get a higher % per year than bigger balances (which may be the case for some coins, but not Spectre).

Oh and there is no public channel called #staking in the Spectrecoin Slack. Roll Eyes
Leo Bitman

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

Activity: 144
The weekly update was a nice information of whats going on right now. Everything looks promissing to me.

Fully agreed, honestly this project is about to take off. Just look at the coming updates, which will really distinct spectre from any other coin. Can't wait for the app in januari!
True words. This coin is very unique.
Activity: 107
The weekly update was a nice information of whats going on right now. Everything looks promissing to me.

Fully agreed, honestly this project is about to take off. Just look at the coming updates, which will really distinct spectre from any other coin. Can't wait for the app in januari!
Activity: 144
Pages:
Jump to: