Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 101. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105
Hey guys, my wallet isn syncing completely. It stays at 99.66% since 12 hours now
i have already created a shortcut and rescanned, but nothing happened Sad
Anyone can help pls? Thank you

Can anyone please help me on this? I dont get it, tried different things but i dont get it to work properly....

Join the Slack and share your debug.log in #support_client.

Oki already joined the slack and asked for help. Thank you very much for your help
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Everybody here join our new subreddit on Reddit.com! Smiley  https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/
Coin Mage
I think they said that they are planning to integrate all kinds of anon stuff. And then I asked myself whether mixing up those technologies even makes sense or whether that is just done and used as an advertisement slogan. Anonymity has to make sense mathematically, and that's the point where I doubt that they really tried to figure out what the best solution is for the purpose they are trying to pursue.

Could you give more details about which "all kinds of anon stuff" you mean? This project combines 2 technologies, Tor and Ring signatures. Nothing more. OBFS4 is an obfuscator to hide the Tor traffic in countries (or corporate networks) which are blocking Tor. The mid-term plan is to migrate to using ring signatures by default and using RS tokens for PoS.
Coin Mage
Hey guys, my wallet isn syncing completely. It stays at 99.66% since 12 hours now

Can anyone please help me on this? I dont get it, tried different things but i dont get it to work properly....

Join the Slack and share your debug.log in #support_client.

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Seems not.....these days anybody with a brain fart create a "token" and most do nothing....or nothing of any real value.
That's why coin market cap reports 1152  currencies. Crazy isn't it.
A by-product of ethereum.

It will disappear in the rubbish bin of failed tokens
Activity: 174
Merit: 103
Have you seen this? WTF is going on here? Couldn't they find a different name for their shitty, worthess, useless ERC20 token?

https://spectre.ac/
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
But what is the reason for mixing up all those anonymity technologies? I mean, did you thoroughly think about it and then came to the conclusion that that is the superior anon solution? Or are you just going to do it for fun?

First off, I didn't found this project Wink I'm not exactly sure how mandica came to the idea of doing it this way. I think that doing ring signatures via Tor is a good way to make an anonymous currency, and then again, the actual goal of this project is to have a decentralized system to exchange XSPEC to cash via mobile phones with other people. There needs to be some foundation for that, they could have chosen to base it on Monero or something different, but maybe they found that it's too complicated and too big for this purpose, so they based it on ShadowCash instead. Tor+Ring sigs are a very sleek solution that combines network privacy with transaction privacy. So it does the job well. You could maybe argue whether this is the "best" solution, I don't know. But I don't see anything wrong with it, either.

I think they said that they are planning to integrate all kinds of anon stuff. And then I asked myself whether mixing up those technologies even makes sense or whether that is just done and used as an advertisement slogan. Anonymity has to make sense mathematically, and that's the point where I doubt that they really tried to figure out what the best solution is for the purpose they are trying to pursue.

firstly,can you be more elaborate in which part is making no sense to you ?you seems try to misleading others by using the term of "mixing" here instead of "multi features".

secondly ,can you tell me how to make sense mathermatically? just take the example like dash,zcash or monero and explain please.

Activity: 910
Merit: 253
But what is the reason for mixing up all those anonymity technologies? I mean, did you thoroughly think about it and then came to the conclusion that that is the superior anon solution? Or are you just going to do it for fun?

First off, I didn't found this project Wink I'm not exactly sure how mandica came to the idea of doing it this way. I think that doing ring signatures via Tor is a good way to make an anonymous currency, and then again, the actual goal of this project is to have a decentralized system to exchange XSPEC to cash via mobile phones with other people. There needs to be some foundation for that, they could have chosen to base it on Monero or something different, but maybe they found that it's too complicated and too big for this purpose, so they based it on ShadowCash instead. Tor+Ring sigs are a very sleek solution that combines network privacy with transaction privacy. So it does the job well. You could maybe argue whether this is the "best" solution, I don't know. But I don't see anything wrong with it, either.

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
legendary
Spectreproject Weekly Update
Saturday, September 23rd – Saturday, September 30th
Kind of a slow week in the world of xspec.

Slack numbers - Fifty-six new members joined the Spectreproject Slack channel for the week. Slack also reports there are now 812 people registered.We DO back out the deactivated ones since between myself,@jbg and @spectreproject we keep them pretty well cleaned up  It seems to be subsiding some this past week…..only 18.

Dev Nuts and Bolts - Jbg reports he and Bryce still have their nose to the grindstone on v1.4 and coding it for alpha testing the month of October. Just to remind everyone it’s bringing the client/wallet up to QT5 code. It is a major overhaul but will be well worth it in terms of stability, ease of use and ease of mods by the devs. Testing is ongoing and intense.
Jbg also mentions, he’s been trying to assist users having build problems  for linux versions to determine the problem.

Closing Comments - There is a lot of activity and ideas in the Spectreproject community currently happening. Both new and old members are working hard on ideas for publicity and getting the word out on Spectrecoin.

We only ask that before anything is released to the public that it be vetted for accuracy.

It is amazing the power of people from around the world working together and what they can accomplish.

In closing, here’s some thoughts on cryptocurrency in general and Bitcoin specifically….the dominant player in the world of crypto currency.

It’s still very early in the life of Bitcoin….there are only 16 million of them. Think about 16 million people owning one Bitcoin each. That would be the population of Houston, Texas and Chicago, Illinois owning ALL the bitcoin. A very tiny amount. Instead of each Btc worth less than $5,000 …..it should be far more. But it will take time,  just as it take time for xspec to grow and be a part of the crypto currency eco system.

Please be patient and enjoy the journey…...Spectrecoin will be having it’s first birthday  pretty soon…..many,  if not most coins don’t make it that far.

We’re looking to a celebration with all of you next month, the one year anniversary of the ICO
Launch of the project we know as Spectrecoin.

Have a great week!

Beachguy

“To succeed in life...... you need two things ignorance and confidence.”   
                                                                                                                                                              -Mark Twain 1835-1910
legendary
Same as when you mine a pow coin.....the block has been orphaned by another "miner" (wallet).....no biggie....just move along.
Or buy more "xspec" to give your wallet a little more weight.  Grin
Activity: 174
Merit: 103
I've just realized that my last two stakes are shown as "generated but not accepted". What does that mean?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Is there an uodate procedure? Or do injust install the new wallet? And drag over a .dat file?   Sorry fir the ignorance im new to spectre havent uodated a wallet before.

Don't worry, we were all new once. When an update comes, just download the newest wallet and place it anywhere. Your wallet data is stored in a different folder (somewhere in the windows folder, if your on windows ofcourse), so when you start it you will have your old balance again! (And you can just remove the other wallet.exe file)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Is there an uodate procedure? Or do injust install the new wallet? And drag over a .dat file?   Sorry fir the ignorance im new to spectre havent uodated a wallet before.
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Hey guys how can i fund my wallet ? when i want to receive funds i dont get any adress and the button new adress doesnt work

Got it.. had to restart the wallet.. now i have 10 adresses  Cheesy so how long to wait until staking?

8 hours by default
Activity: 121
Hey guys how can i fund my wallet ? when i want to receive funds i dont get any adress and the button new adress doesnt work

Got it.. had to restart the wallet.. now i have 10 adresses  Cheesy so how long to wait until staking?
Activity: 121
Pages:
Jump to: