Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 95. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
@sdg777

Not at all, it’s a notice about a completely unrelated project, also called spectre. They are having an ICO this coming week under SPEC, not to be confused with XSPEC (Spectrecoin). Legally, there is no action to force them to change their name in such an open international market subject to diverse jurisdictions. Though most of us in the very small Spectrecoin community consider this to be unethical and unprofessional. Spectrecoin had the name first, and one should approach an ICO who has yet to even consider name overlap research prior to release with extreme caution. It should also be made aware that Spectrecoin is a cryptocurrency unique in technology and spectre.ai is a token which runs on the Ethereum blockchain.

Edit: This coin is certainly not dead, in fact, this coin is just beginning. Stealth addresses becoming default addresses and low power Mobile staking is on its way, followed by the remittance app. Stay tuned and keep those hands strong.  Smiley

I'm already with you
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
@sdg777

Not at all, it’s a notice about a completely unrelated project, also called spectre. They are having an ICO this coming week under SPEC, not to be confused with XSPEC (Spectrecoin). Legally, there is no action to force them to change their name in such an open international market subject to diverse jurisdictions. Though most of us in the very small Spectrecoin community consider this to be unethical and unprofessional. Spectrecoin had the name first, and one should approach an ICO who has yet to even consider name overlap research prior to release with extreme caution. It should also be made aware that Spectrecoin is a cryptocurrency unique in technology and spectre.ai is a token which runs on the Ethereum blockchain.

Edit: This coin is certainly not dead, in fact, this coin is just beginning. Stealth addresses becoming default addresses and low power Mobile staking is on its way, followed by the remittance app. Stay tuned and keep those hands strong.  Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
No, no, and no. The notice is letting you know that Spectrecoin is not associated with the Spectre.ai ICO. They have simply chosen to try to copy our name.
Courtesy Notice
Spectrecoin [xspec]  and the website   Spectreproject is NOT launching an ICO under the name spec  and is not associated in any way, shape or form.

The group spectre.ai is launching an ERC20 token with the ticker [spec] for an exchange project that they hope to produce in the future. They were well aware of the existence of  Spectrecoin and [xspec] that is a privacy coin project....and that it launched in late November/ early December of last year 2016.

They proceeded with their plans anyway, ignoring our requests to reconsider and taking the position that they were somehow "entitled"
to do as they wish.

This has led to some confusion and people coming here and our Slack community asking about tokens.
We regret this and want the crypto currency world to know this is not our fault.

In closing, we would advise extreme caution for anyone thinking of joining a group that has so little consideration for another long time exisitng project, as well as the danger  brought on by the proliferation of ethereum token projects. Especially one that has not even provided a working product.

The failure rate of these projects is extremely high. You may want to start your research here.

https://www.coindesk.com/icos-dumb-money-ethereums-ethical-dilemma/

the project is closing? developers are leaving? The coin has died?
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
xspec is a great coin but has poor marketing. Perhaps this new name stealing coin will help to bring some much needed attention to xspec. At least there are some free bumps to this thread  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Courtesy Notice
Spectrecoin [xspec]  and the website   Spectreproject is NOT launching an ICO under the name spec  and is not associated in any way, shape or form.

The group spectre.ai is launching an ERC20 token with the ticker [spec] for an exchange project that they hope to produce in the future. They were well aware of the existence of  Spectrecoin and [xspec] that is a privacy coin project....and that it launched in late November/ early December of last year 2016.

They proceeded with their plans anyway, ignoring our requests to reconsider and taking the position that they were somehow "entitled"
to do as they wish.

This has led to some confusion and people coming here and our Slack community asking about tokens.
We regret this and want the crypto currency world to know this is not our fault.

In closing, we would advise extreme caution for anyone thinking of joining a group that has so little consideration for another long time exisitng project, as well as the danger  brought on by the proliferation of ethereum token projects. Especially one that has not even provided a working product.

The failure rate of these projects is extremely high. You may want to start your research here.

https://www.coindesk.com/icos-dumb-money-ethereums-ethical-dilemma/

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
I made a bitcointalk account just to be apart of the spectre community, is it true that because I am a newbie I cannot participate in the ico?

**Im not actually a new member, I just cant remember my old login info. I have been around since the NAV, CRAVE, DARKCOIN days**

The ICO has been over for almost a year now my friend, you are a tiny bit too late! Wink

How can I get in?
Purchase off of Cryptopia

The ICO is already over, but if you are intersted in buying some Spectrecoins then you can use Cryptopia or Livecoin. Right now you can buy at a really good price, this will not last for long time.
Activity: 13
I made a bitcointalk account just to be apart of the spectre community, is it true that because I am a newbie I cannot participate in the ico?

**Im not actually a new member, I just cant remember my old login info. I have been around since the NAV, CRAVE, DARKCOIN days**

The ICO has been over for almost a year now my friend, you are a tiny bit too late! Wink

How can I get in?
Purchase off of Cryptopia
Activity: 84

How can I get in?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Man I thought you guys got some positive press over at /r/monero but it was totally unrelated

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/78wvqr/october_monthly_report_from_your_pal_sarang
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage

Activity: 84

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
I whant to buy some more now. but i think the price is going to deep lower and then time to buy. as 3000 sat the previous time the upgrade for 21000 sat
Activity: 3
 this is best project i  bought a huge coin  i hope this coin  price rising up
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
is HITBTC planned? bittrex? POLONIEX? bitfinex? or any other exchanges

http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#Exchanges

Bigger exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex usually decide on their own which coins they want to add, there is no way to force them or pay them to list XSPEC.

We're also working on joining the Bitsquare decentralized exchange, as you can see in the weekly news by Beachguy on the previous page.
is HITBTC planned? bittrex? POLONIEX? bitfinex? or any other exchanges
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Right! The mobile app is where it's at! Low power PoS on go! That's what first got me hooked on Spectrecoin. The road map has it listed for early 2018, but I'm pretty sure it's in testing phase already.
Activity: 193
Merit: 11
Tor nodes, its very promising for anonymity. It gonna make me rich, thank you devs
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
The feature that I am most excited about (and the one which for some reason seems to get the least mention these days), is the planned SpectreCash app.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
This is a very transparent community based project.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: