Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 97. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
I knew the Spectre copies would give us issues. Very sad.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Hi dev;

is there any airdrop soon? as i remember 15th october it should have to be start. am i wrong?

I believe you are mistaken....Spectrecoin [xspec] never has been and never will be an airdrop coin.
It is a POS v3 coin and was launched as an ICO late last year.
a new client release is expected by end of October.
You might want to check this week's newsletter
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23100824

Perhaps the confusion is because this project is also called Spectre:

https://spectre.ac/index.html

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2204566.380

Oh dear. Undecided  Note that we were first calling ourselves Spectre, so they just used an already existing name...  Roll Eyes Does not seem to be such a smart idea.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
Hi dev;

is there any airdrop soon? as i remember 15th october it should have to be start. am i wrong?

I believe you are mistaken....Spectrecoin [xspec] never has been and never will be an airdrop coin.

Perhaps the confusion is because this project is also called Spectre:

https://spectre.ac/index.html

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2204566.380
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
had to reboot my computer. restarted spectre wallet... it seems to be stuck at 99.6% of downloading the blockchain... do I just leave it alone or whats going on?

shows as 150~ blocks remaining and that number just goes up slowly, doesnt seem to be downloading new blocks.... also the balance is zero coins I imagine once its fully synced the balance will update?

anything I need to do ?

Are you using the latest version of the wallet?  I know this was an issue with the 1.2 version; any time the device lost power, the wallet would sync almost all the way, but never finish syncing.  When that happened, it was necessary to save the wallet.dat file (which contains one's coins), delete the rest of the wallet related files, download a new wallet, and replace the new, blank wallet.dat with the old one.

I believe this problem was fixed with the latest version of the wallet, but I'm not sure.  I'm still using version 1.2.

In any case, I suggest seeking help with this issue on the support_client channel in Slack.  They are very good at walking you through any issues you may encounter.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
had to reboot my computer. restarted spectre wallet... it seems to be stuck at 99.6% of downloading the blockchain... do I just leave it alone or whats going on?

shows as 150~ blocks remaining and that number just goes up slowly, doesnt seem to be downloading new blocks.... also the balance is zero coins I imagine once its fully synced the balance will update?

anything I need to do ?
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Presale starts on 28th of April!
Nice to see that this coin has a great dev who is working hard to deliver some very special and unique features. Spectre can be really one of the top cryptos.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
wow the website is extremely detailed and well done.

doesnt look rushed at all and will definately encourage investors........

FYI, sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager

Our dev will appreciate hearing that! I'll pass it along.  Smiley
It's secure and simple without all the fancy things that are security problems that people today don't know about or often think about.....
After all... Spectrecoin [xspec] is a privacy coin.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I just got some Xspec and sent them to my wallet. I wanna know how to secure it as it didn't ask me anything.

Backup -> (un)Lock wallet
Activity: 15
I just got some Xspec and sent them to my wallet. I wanna know how to secure it as it didn't ask me anything.
Activity: 58

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
windows 10... uses 377mb of ram... i stake about 10 coins and this wallet by far uses the most ram, 2nd highest is blocknet at 82mb ram

Maybe it's because the wallet is currently based on Qt Webkit, which is a web browser framework. Version 1.4 will bring a new GUI based on Qt Widgets that should be more lightweight, more responsive and have less bugs.
I have high hopes for the wallet 1.4! I hope the convenience for users will increase.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
windows 10... uses 377mb of ram... i stake about 10 coins and this wallet by far uses the most ram, 2nd highest is blocknet at 82mb ram

Maybe it's because the wallet is currently based on Qt Webkit, which is a web browser framework. Version 1.4 will bring a new GUI based on Qt Widgets that should be more lightweight, more responsive and have less bugs.
legendary
Hmmm....my laptop fans don't even kick on when I'm only staking....and its about 4 years old intel core duo....certainly not much by todays standards.
My I ask what you consider a lot of memory....we never had anyone ask this question.
what are you running it on.

-edit: whoa....took the time to look it up and it's 7 years old ...time flies huh?   Shocked
why does the wallet use so much ram?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

I'm aware what POS is. Also the promised 5 % ROI would suggest with my balance I should accrue at least ~0.26 XSPEC a day. From my understanding staking reward is something around 2 XSPEC, right?
Unfortunately all my funds are locked up in LSK at the moment, hope the rebranding will move the price up, not to mention my plan to get hold of GPU mining rig to mine some altcoins in the hope their price will raise after BTC hard fork.
[/quote] well I wish you good luck hopefully it works out well for you
Activity: 12
@matt - no issue, that's just a low number of coins. In POS your balance is on the network competing with other wallets for "reward". Dependent on number and age of coins. Staking is not an "automatic" thing.might want to google POS.
 You may also want to consider getting more xspec....its a good time.

I'm aware what POS is. Also the promised 5 % ROI would suggest with my balance I should accrue at least ~0.26 XSPEC a day. From my understanding staking reward is something around 2 XSPEC, right?
Unfortunately all my funds are locked up in LSK at the moment, hope the rebranding will move the price up, not to mention my plan to get hold of GPU mining rig to mine some altcoins in the hope their price will raise after BTC hard fork.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
How to lock a wallet? Can't find this option in v1.3.3.0-g.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: