Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 105. (Read 94854 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Spectreproject weekly update for week ending Saturday Sept 23

The numbers:
Our community grew by 35 members last week after subtracting the 25 accounts deactivated for spamming. (more on this later), We’re now at 752 members.

During the recent instability of cryptocurrencies , xspec held strong in the 9862 to 10040 sat range before rising steadily over 10000 sats.

Developer news: You may have all noticed that jbg is rarely here lately. That’s because he’s doing exactly what the community funded him to do.

He reported on Sept 21 “most of the build infrastructure work is behind me, now focusing on tearing out QtWebkit and upgrading to Qt 5”
Also -
“I heard from @brycel yesterday, he has a test build that has much more robust ring signature code. we are going to work together to set up a spectrecoin testnet.”

For this news he also reports that moving our build system over to autotools is finished up.This means future updates to the client will be much easier from his standpoint.
The tor integration has gotten some tweaks that will bring faster startup. “The Qt5 migration is going well, we’re aiming for an alpha release of 1.4 in the next couple of weeks (this is a goal folks) and the testnet will be made public at that time.”

"Bryce has been deep into testing his ring signature changes on a testnet as well."

Also,  in the middle of all this, ways of dealing with the spam on Slack are being discussed. We ask the community’s patience and to simply report to beachguy or spectreproject. Let’s not distract our devs with this annoyance.

Closing: In the weekdays I’m at my business from 8am to 4pm eastern standard time and may have my status set to away…..but, I DO keep an eye on things, Might be delayed by something at the business but I will get around to deactivating spammers, greeting new people,watching channels etc.

Everyone has been doing much better about following channel content….and we ask everyone again….think before posting. Is it relevant to the channel, is it contributing and necessary?

As always...Have a great week everyone!

Beachguy

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
This coin has already finished its ICO, so can I mine this coin.

There is not much trade on exchanges, it seems dead.

Really guy  Cheesy.The coin be at  steady price for awhile now .Also the amount of people staking with form 6-7 full time stakers to about 30 at the moment .Yeah coin is pretty dead alright  Roll Eyes
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
You offered me a slow option, and I asked for a quick option. It is necessary to restore the wallet from the finished chain of blocks.

I believe its the same as using the -rescan command. Although both options take time, unfortunately I'm not aware of any other quick fix. You could join the slack channel and ask in the #support section though.

Spectre has about 25-30k daily volume spread over Cryptopia and Livecoin. This has nothing to do with going anywhere close to "death", this is a relatively new coin and only available on these "smaller" exchanges for now. This could very well change in the future.

Besides that, you can "mine" the coin by staking. Download the wallet to your computer, transfer the coins from the exchange, let it mature and voila your staking/"mining". The network weight is about 10m (out of 20.5m) and the annual inflation is 5%. So at the moment you will stake about 10% of your coins per year, until the network weight increases.

Right. Xspec is more alive than ever.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
You offered me a slow option, and I asked for a quick option. It is necessary to restore the wallet from the finished chain of blocks.

I believe its the same as using the -rescan command. Although both options take time, unfortunately I'm not aware of any other quick fix. You could join the slack channel and ask in the #support section though.

Spectre has about 25-30k daily volume spread over Cryptopia and Livecoin. This has nothing to do with going anywhere close to "death", this is a relatively new coin and only available on these "smaller" exchanges for now. This could very well change in the future.

Besides that, you can "mine" the coin by staking. Download the wallet to your computer, transfer the coins from the exchange, let it mature and voila your staking/"mining". The network weight is about 10m (out of 20.5m) and the annual inflation is 5%. So at the moment you will stake about 10% of your coins per year, until the network weight increases.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
Turn off the light and wallet is broken, not synchronized, how to recover quickly?

Backup your wallet.dat, either via the wallet or via the following file path, could be hidden so either type it in the filepath or use the property show hidden files: user\apdata\roaming\Spectrecoin

Take out the wallet.dat (or copy via wallet as mentioned earlier). Than delete this entire folder and reopen the newest wallet version. After it opened, close it, replace the new wallet.dat in the filefolder with the one you took out (or the original that you backed up via the wallet). Restart the wallet, let it resync and voila your wallet is working / staking again!
Activity: 107
Turn off the light and wallet is broken, not synchronized, how to recover quickly?

Backup your wallet.dat, either via the wallet or via the following file path, could be hidden so either type it in the filepath or use the property show hidden files: user\apdata\roaming\Spectrecoin

Take out the wallet.dat (or copy via wallet as mentioned earlier). Than delete this entire folder and reopen the newest wallet version. After it opened, close it, replace the new wallet.dat in the filefolder with the one you took out (or the original that you backed up via the wallet). Restart the wallet, let it resync and voila your wallet is working / staking again!
legendary
What do you mean turn off the light?
Switched off the electricity.
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
For all those who are questioning themselves,
what are the differences between DeepOnion and SpectreCoin

Here is a fresh example

SpectreCoin - is the only functional anonymous cryptocurrency that works in countries with a blocked TOR (prime example: China)
Say thanks to developers and implemented OBFS4

With v1.4 coming out and translations of the client and website coming after shortly
more people(esp. key demographic) would now that
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
What do you mean turn off the light?
legendary
Activity: 105
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
Telegram, discord, whatever works and people are comfortable with, as long as we can prevent the abuse of the platform. It sucks, because the slack channel used to be good to drop into to ask questions.
Seriously slack sucks these days well JBG and beachguy has got to decide which one will be best for XSPEC
Activity: 201
idiot's use deeponion without research......pro's use XSPEC after research
I'm using both XSPEC and DEEPONION.
Am I idiot or pro?  Grin
using what ?
Activity: 201
I'm liking the path forward and roadmap for XSPEC.

aren't we all  Cool
Activity: 128
I'm liking the path forward and roadmap for XSPEC.

Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Telegram is also my favorite mobile phone app.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Am I idiot or pro?  Grin
I use my deep onion to buy xspec. Lol that makes me master level.
Just kidding, I hope deep onion is legit and releases some modern updates. Just hard to have faith when the devs have half the supply.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Telegram, discord, whatever works and people are comfortable with, as long as we can prevent the abuse of the platform. It sucks, because the slack channel used to be good to drop into to ask questions.
Activity: 247
i like to use telegram Wink
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Am I idiot or pro?  Grin
Jump to: