Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 128. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100
Spectre will be one of the top anonimity coins in the next few weeks. People will realise this great coin.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
do you guys already confirm that TOR+OBFS4 works for all country in the world now?any proof?
Works for SpectreCoin Version 1.3.0 and higher.
IMO the answer to this question, I think it is better if you consult the community in Slack.
Anyway, it would be very useful, some comment of people in China or Russia, for example.
Places in which Spectrecoin will be much appreciated, precisely for this special feature.

kc.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
uh-huh
This coin is the future. Once people realise the potential XSPEC has it will be huge.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Spectre will deliver the most up to date privacy cryptocurrency that surpasses the anonymity features of Zcash, DASH and Monero.Keep an eye on this project it looks very promising.

We are currently brainstorming ways how to present the unique features of Spectre to a wider audience, but quickly put it works like this:

Spectre nodes that use Spectre Tokens (STs) are ordered in "groups". Ring signatures are used to hide which node of that group has signed a transaction with. And Tor is used between each of the nodes to hide the identity of the nodes.

So there are 2 levels of Spectre anonymity that one can choose from:
1. You use Tor, but make normal transactions that can be verified on the blockchain. Then you have a normal public key as your pseudonymous identity, which is protected by using Tor.
2. You use Tor, and additionally use the ring signature system for sending and receiving money. This is where the "stealth addresses" are used. In this case, nobody knows if you have made any transactions at all or not. Your transactions are fully anonymous.

The advantage of this scheme compared to others is that it is incredibly simple and robust, and has high performance and security at the same time.
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
Spectre will deliver the most up to date privacy cryptocurrency that surpasses the anonymity features of Zcash, DASH and Monero.Keep an eye on this project it looks very promising.
Coin Mage
Hi Gandalf,

I'm trying to install this wallet for the first time, but my wallet will continue to update.
I've up to 92.7% downloaded and there the wallet will continue to sync, but nothing happens.

Normally I would install a new wallet, but I have already transferred 300 xspec to this wallet address...

I'll hope you can tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Please join the Slack channel #support_client on our Slack, where we can help you interactively (asking questions etc.) to solve your problem.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi Gandalf,

I'm trying to install this wallet for the first time, but my wallet will continue to update.
I've up to 92.7% downloaded and there the wallet will continue to sync, but nothing happens.

Normally I would install a new wallet, but I have already transferred 300 xspec to this wallet address...

I'll hope you can tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance!
Coin Mage
Hey is this now a new thread or some sort of reactivation of an older project? Anyhow related to Spectre?

Yes, I explained on the first page why we made a new thread.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Hey is this now a new thread or some sort of reactivation of an older project? Anyhow related to Spectre?
Activity: 212
Merit: 101
Not sure why cloakcoin is still there, when spectrecoin is alot better then it. This can easily reach atleast 20-30mil marketcap at the end of the year
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
If you love strong privacy coins, spectre is not a doubt imo. A hold of year time, it could hit pivx level, i assure you Wink

Supply is around 20M supply, $1 a token just have 20M markercap xd

Imagine hit a 100M marketcap, each token will worth like what? $4-5

We shall see this x)
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I've been hodling xspec for a few months, glad to see these updates.

Thanks gandalf.
Coin Mage
What is the approximate ROI on staking?

Look at the wiki link I gave you 5 posts ago Wink

It's 5% p.a.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
What is the approximate ROI on staking?
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
What is the current status of this coin being available on more exchanges?

Buy support has tripled in the last couple of days and Volume has significantly increased. I would much prefer a local bitcoin exchange version of Spectrecoin given its nature, and that's what we're aiming for. Certainly out of its league on Cryptopia. At these figures, this coin competes ahead of many coins listed on Bittrex with respect to daily volume and buy support.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Twitter: @AndreTeaPanda
Thanks for a quick response! Do you need any beta testers for the mobile wallet?

Yea, a few weeks ago they were asking if anyone wanted to be part of the beta testing team for the android wallet, you can probably join the Slack and ask jbg
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Thanks for a quick response! Do you need any beta testers for the mobile wallet?
Coin Mage

Being on more exchanges does not add anything to the value of a coin IMO. You can trade Spectre on all the exchanges listed here:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/#markets

Bittrex and Poloniex will add us when they feel like it; Yobit is better not to be listed on lol.  Cheesy
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Coin Mage
Quote of myself from above that got deleted by some moderator and was intended to be right under the two spaceholders by beachguy, to contain this post... Roll Eyes

Quote from: Gandalf86
Awesome project!  Cool

For all those who are interested in this project, you can read up on the specs and history on this wiki page that I am currently writing:

http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin

I have been with this project since the ICO at the beginning of this year. There have been a lot of ups and downs, but recently it's getting better with jbg as our project leader. We have decided to create a new thread because the old one (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xspec-spectrecoin-untraceable-tx-ring-signatures-tor-integration-1704473) was created by mandica who is no longer active, so we had no control over the ANN contents etc.. You can be sure that the current website and ANN will have more information being added to in the following days and weeks.

We are currently a small but committed team that mostly consists of community members like me. There is still lacking a solid marketing and PR strategy (as you can see in the contents of the website and ANN), but it's more like an incremental process that we have to figure out and add to step by step.

The goal of Spectre is to have a coin with superior privacy and censorship-resistance using Tor. More details can be found on the wiki page. Using the Tor network in an appropriate fashion (not as a proxy, but as a medium of communication) is a whole new step in the space of anon coins, and personally I really like the concept. The extended goal of Spectre is to have an app that allows the user to join the Hawala network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala) securely, which means anonymously, digitally, and without leaving any traces of transactions on the phone, which will introduce a new concept called Spectre Cash. Spectre Cash will consist of so called "minted" coins only (Spectre Tokens) that will be spent using ring signatures without the users notice. (To be clear, the ring signature thing will be without the users notice, not the spending of coins  Wink) More details about this will be added to the Wiki page at some point.

The Slack invite is not linked in the ANN yet, so here it is: https://slack.spectreproject.io/

There are currently a few bugs in the wallet, that are annoying but not critical. One of them is that sometimes the wallet shows a balance of 0.00 even though the balance has been received and is fully accessible. This is currently being solved by jbg.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will not be leaving this project for quite some time.  Wink
Jump to: