Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 19. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
They're going to kill xspec with the launch of wisp, that's what I think.

None of the coins has to die. The foundation is sound. Wisp will take it in a different direction than XSPEC. That's all.  

It should be noted that the only person with any technical ability associated with this team has left to create wisp. So till a new dev i acquired, this coin currently has no developer.

And yet we want an increase in contributions. Sounds like the ship is sinking :\

Tell me that I'm wrong? No FUD meant. Honest question. This whole fork could have been avoided. There's definitely a leadership problem.

On a side note: remember which one is the fork--the new XSPEC, not the current continuation of XSPEC that gets renamed to WISP.
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

None of the coins has to die. The foundation is sound. Wisp will take it in a different direction than XSPEC. That's all. 

It should be noted that the only person with any technical ability associated with this team has left to create wisp. So till a new dev i acquired, this coin currently has no developer.
Amnvex : It's 5% from the 5% of regular stake you are getting when you have staking enabled. So in result it is 0.25%
That's still a lot. What about the 9 million being staked? That 5% ends up being 180k. You think that's a little? The fact that you can't decide how much you want to donate makes this coin go against what it originally stood for. What's the difference between that and premine?
How did you end up with 180k (for what period)?

Not saying I'm eager fan of mandatory donations, but I understand they need fund just now and I hope (maybe foolishly) that after hard times pass it will be changed back.
I personally set staking donation to 50% because I'm not interested so much in 5% but in XSPEC success. If you like to have 5%, then invest in dividend stocks.
I agree that Mandica should have added promise of reverting it in the future and I was also expecting some really promising news not only this one as most important thing of entire update message. Nevertheless we all want Spectrecoint to succeed, aren't we?
I was not afraid about XSPEC before, despite all those troubles, but now I'm beginning to worry about it. Let's try to find compromises instead of fighting. It includes everybody, even Mandica and jbg.

Hmm, I think I used a lower number than 9 million (it was more like 3.6m, because I misread my numbers based on what I had in my own wallet and then multiplied that number by a few thousand, lol--silly mistake).

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't like forced contribution, period. If this coin were worth more, I'd consider contributing more. But since it is not worth much, I'm contributing less. It's the ethics of it. I respect the developer, but if it's open source, then anyone should be able to work on it and make the project move forward regardless if the lead dev is around or not. This coin has more or less been dead, though. I believe in the underlying tech, however, that's why I stake and that's why I chose to invest.

At the end of the day, my only argument is forced contribution. Regardless of where XSPEC goes, that and how the top is being run are my only two complaints. BTW, if the dev really wanted to get the coin listed, we all could have agreed to put our contributions to 50% or so to the project for a few weeks so that it can happen. But there isn't much community engagement, and the fact that no one is warding off "scam coin" posts just says how little attention is being given to the project. And remember: the more a project is worked on--generally--and the more people want to be part of something like this, the higher the price. The fact that the coin languished from $5-6 to a paltry 50c says that people aren't putting their trust into it anymore. That's obviously very, very bad for the project.

For a legitimate project, there should be no FUD. Trust is built on productivity, not on forced contributions. Think about it alternatively: I ask you to pay me for me to deliver something. You don't know me, you don't know about what I can and cannot do. I don't think many would take such a leap of faith. I'm also risk-averse, in general. That's, again, not to say that this is not a legitimate project. It's the execution, though, that is to be questioned here. Execution...
Activity: 252
Merit: 47

Activity: 994
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Ok, finally, the dev team split!
For what?
Obviously, @mandica & @jbg both want to get the control of the coin and the fund.
Good luck to both.

this is unpredictable situations on Spectrecoin
because, if i'm not wrong on january 2018, this coin already hit ATH then down until now,,
X4s
Activity: 42
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Thanks for your answers guys.
Next week there will be an official announcement i think

I am surprised by the status of XSPEC. After a lot of true negative reports, now the dev team decide to fork the coin. That makes "official" undefined. Which one is official one?
legendary
Activity: 2966
Merit: 1271
Thanks for your answers guys.
Next week there will be an official announcement i think
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
If i have my XSpec in my Wallet, how can i receive the new coins in the new upcoming Wisp Wallet ?

I think the wallet should the same, just with the different UI. So you can see your coins with your old XSPEC wallet.dat file.
Activity: 56
I guess you just export your private key from current wallet and import it to the new Wisp wallet. Then you will see your balance already , after the client loads blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2966
Merit: 1271
If i have my XSpec in my Wallet, how can i receive the new coins in the new upcoming Wisp Wallet ?
Amnvex : It's 5% from the 5% of regular stake you are getting when you have staking enabled. So in result it is 0.25%
That's still a lot. What about the 9 million being staked? That 5% ends up being 180k. You think that's a little? The fact that you can't decide how much you want to donate makes this coin go against what it originally stood for. What's the difference between that and premine?
How did you end up with 180k (for what period)?

Not saying I'm eager fan of mandatory donations, but I understand they need fund just now and I hope (maybe foolishly) that after hard times pass it will be changed back.
I personally set staking donation to 50% because I'm not interested so much in 5% but in XSPEC success. If you like to have 5%, then invest in dividend stocks.
I agree that Mandica should have added promise of reverting it in the future and I was also expecting some really promising news not only this one as most important thing of entire update message. Nevertheless we all want Spectrecoint to succeed, aren't we?
I was not afraid about XSPEC before, despite all those troubles, but now I'm beginning to worry about it. Let's try to find compromises instead of fighting. It includes everybody, even Mandica and jbg.

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Guys,
don't waste time with arguments, just do your work or somebody else will outrun you.
Now you have advantage that you work on best privacy oriented cryptocurrency ever (at least I don't know about any other with better specs), but in crypto world, everything is replacable, there are practically no resource limits that prevents anybody else to come with something equal or better and if they take place in this niche of the market, you will lose - even if you finish your product later.
If you are successful, price of XSPEC will rise which brings profit for everyone, including you. Much more than poor 5% staking income.
Please, don't waste your chance to rise and shine at crypto world.

Thank you, yes, it is a great opportunity and we should not lose it talking, there is a lot to do. Good words, full of good wishes. Thank you.

@Amnvex, I think you're confusing people from outside, who can enter now.
Staking's change of interest is different from what you say.
Before, it was 5% voluntary.
Now it's 5% voluntary + 0.25% to guarantee paying developers.
You have practically the same as before, the difference is insignificant.
If you did not donate anything before,
then 0% voluntary. (development without guarantees)
Now 0.25% is fair: everyone pays, (development guaranteed).
With the new wallet you continue to earn 5% for doing Staking.

Is that so? That's not what I read. From what I understand, this is the result:

https://image.ibb.co/jnMkUn/Locked.png

I started out at 5%. I decided to change it to a lower number... now I won't be able to if the fork doesn't happen.
Guys,
don't waste time with arguments, just do your work or somebody else will outrun you.
Now you have advantage that you work on best privacy oriented cryptocurrency ever (at least I don't know about any other with better specs), but in crypto world, everything is replacable, there are practically no resource limits that prevents anybody else to come with something equal or better and if they take place in this niche of the market, you will lose - even if you finish your product later.
If you are successful, price of XSPEC will rise which brings profit for everyone, including you. Much more than poor 5% staking income.
Please, don't waste your chance to rise and shine at crypto world.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
For what?
Obviously, @mandica & @jbg both want to get the control of the coin and the fund.
Good luck to both.

Well after reading, I think that this way, you can see, from the outside, that is not the truth, the truth is that both promote, a decentralized project.
In XSPEC I know that @mandica was slow because she gave up / delivered the command, so that the community could organize itself; the test is @jbg,
in his team they already have, also who will represent the group. Therefore they only promote decentralized projects.
Here you have this invitation so that you can see for yourself:
https://discord.gg/FY7VtWK
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
For what?
Good luck to both.
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"
this is not FUD. FUD is a hard fork!

Mandica never wanted this, it is JBG's decision.
You can say this directly to JBG in Discord.
SpectreCoin, remains the same as before, this is Mandica's thread.
Jbg has to make a new thread for his new chain.

Mandica never wanted this? Then why the hell does Mandica force us to choose a donation of 5%? I have mine set below 5% (something in the middle, rather). XSPEC is currently not very valuable, but it has value. It's tough to devote yourself to full development, but that means you don't have enough people who are doing the developing. It's also hard to make this a full time job. It should really be a resource allocation and it should be based on contributions to developers as they use some of their free time outside of their regular jobs. Alternatively, look at it this way: what if MONERO forced their miners to contribute to a development fund @5%? They'd all run. Tell me that's not true?

In any case, this fork could have been avoided. Freedom and privacy is the goal of this fork, and while I do support a development fund (there's a reason I choose to donate a part of my staking reward to the developers), I don't agree with a forced fund. That does, indeed, force centralization. No, thanks. For that reason, glad the fork is coming. I will up my staking contribution by a percent or so when the fork happens.

Actually, look at the market = up 50% = everyone benefits Smiley

Right now regardless who does development XSPEC moves at glacial pace...
Now at least we will have a race between 2 snails... one snail funded by the 5% tax and one snail funded by donations.

A similar 2016 vintage anon microcap KRB taxes EVERY TX 0.1% for the Dev Fund...
And KRB has done 10x the development this baby has...
So you can't be a cheapskate when ICOs are still pulling down $30 million in a few days (look at HAV).

I know you a legendary member and all but i call bullshit when i see one. The current up heave in price is temp, due to spec on the possibility of getting wisp for holding xspec. But soon as ppl realize that the only person with any technically ability associated with this coin has left to do his own thing, the the price will come tumbling down. I give it a day or max three days.

Like i mentioned in my last post, it's sad that it took what mandica claim to be fud to react. She was just comfortable cruising along and reaping tremendous benefits from doing the least amount of work as possible. Then this guy (or how she loves to claim fudster Roll Eyes)  came along and exposed the BS going on and all of a sudden she is well enough to do what she should have been doing all along.

Then she comes back and announce a proposal that will continue lining her pocket cos at the end of the day it's all about making money for her.
Pages:
Jump to: