Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 17. (Read 94854 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
If I understand correctly, the XSPEC will split into two coins: the new XSPEC and the WISP.
This is the new XSPEC thread. Where is the WISP thread then?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I got something to rant about that WISP will fix:

I had a computer restart recently. Shit exploded on me. I rewound the chain and everything, too. Still wouldn't sync. Now have to wait several hours to resync the whole blockchain. Why? Oh, wait, because XSPEC wasn't really being developed.

I really don't want to spread FUD, but how can I support XSPEC if basic things like this aren't implemented? This was also in the talks to fix this issue of having to delete the blockchain after a forced restart on a system months and months ago, but not implemented. How can something become usable when such a basic feature isn't included? Serious question. Mass adoption for this is never gonna happen if these issues aren't ironed out. The team receives donations, but does it deliver? NOPE! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Very unhappy!! Development, seriously, is at a stand still. Ugh. UGH!!

Here's XSPEC's future:
https://media.giphy.com/media/ijmQ3LZqpdwwo/giphy.gif

We are def going to work through issues and update the code so you can raise an issue at GitHub and be specific about what is actually happening and it will be looked at. I have been running the XSPEC wallet for a long time and never have such issues. If you want to be serious about, raise an issue and describe the problem in some detail.

Is it necessary to raise an issue that was raised many times before?
Here's one example: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7o7nkd/wallet_not_syncing/
Here's another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7z8c8d/syncing_issues/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7lo3lz/wallet_doesnt_finish_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7nrijk/need_some_help_with_the_wallet/

Note the dates.
Note the problem: "Your blockchain data probably got corrupted."
And note the solution: "I was able to solve the issue for now. Navigating to C: USERNAME/appdata/roaming/spectrecoin and deleting everything inside that folder except for your wallet.bat."

That's what I had to do every time that I have a computer shut-down mid-staking.

Have you ever tried running the XSPEC wallet and force-shutting down your computer, simulating sudden power loss? That's how you get the problem to recur. Doesn't anyone care? Or is it all so dead that no one reads XSPEC reddit?

I don't think I am going to complain about it anymore because WISP takes care of this issue, as someone said in discord.
X4s
Activity: 42

I had a computer restart recently. Shit exploded on me. I rewound the chain and everything, too. Still wouldn't sync. Now have to wait several hours to resync the whole blockchain. Why? Oh, wait, because XSPEC wasn't really being developed.

I really don't want to spread FUD, but how can I support XSPEC if basic things like this aren't implemented? This was also in the talks to fix this issue of having to delete the blockchain after a forced restart on a system months and months ago, but not implemented. How can something become usable when such a basic feature isn't included? Serious question. Mass adoption for this is never gonna happen if these issues aren't ironed out. The team receives donations, but does it deliver? NOPE! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Here's XSPEC's future:

Nice picture, anyway.
The future of XSPEC or WISP only depend on the development of the group.

Yes, things happen very slowly in xspec, I hope wisp is different.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Here's XSPEC's future:

Nice picture, anyway.
The future of XSPEC or WISP only depend on the development of the group.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508

Here's XSPEC's future:

We are def going to work through issues and update the code so you can raise an issue at GitHub and be specific about what is actually happening and it will be looked at. I have been running the XSPEC wallet for a long time and never have such issues. If you want to be serious about, raise an issue and describe the problem in some detail.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman

Here's XSPEC's future:

You say: "I really do not want to spread FUD, but" (I like to complete the sentence with the truth):
"I really do not want to spread FUD, but I want to buy cheaper, my ambition is excessive, I do not care to harm the community that works in both teams "

Activity: 29

Here's XSPEC's future:
Leo Bitman
My Xspec wallet is not updating and so staking is not working.

I understand there was a fork to Wisp but Xspec should still be active.

What's wrong?

Can I get Wisp in ration 1:1?

The SpectreCoin network, it is working normally. And yes, you can have 1 Wisp for every 1 Xspec you have.
Ask for help at Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/UvVWUz9

When will the WISP be released?

On the Wip team, represented by @Vvc, there is a firm decision, to launch as soon as possible, but as it is a new currency, they have a lot of work to do.
They still do not want to risk a specific date, but if you enter Wisp Discord you can have info directly.

What a mess that has become, my god.

SpectreCoin [XSPEC] is better than before, and also if you have XSPEC, when Wisp be launch you get free Wisp.

X4s

What's wrong?

The SpectreCoin network, it is working normally. And yes, you can have 1 Wisp for every 1 Xspec you have.
Ask for help at Discord:

On the Wip team, represented by @Vvc, there is a firm decision, to launch as soon as possible, but as it is a new currency, they have a lot of work to do.
They still do not want to risk a specific date, but if you enter Wisp Discord you can have info directly.

What a mess that has become, my god.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
I bought lots for 2 dollars.

buy more at half a dollar - bring your total investment to a dollar ...then when this code hard forks.....you will have two coins for every one that you bought @$2(&all that you purchase now @ 0.50c)........ dollar cost average @ a time that you can double up

It is never wise to buy so many coins at once, except if you firmly believe in the project and keep it for years .... so the decline of these 2-3 months should not influence you

It is never wise to buy more coins at a lower price to mediate the previous purchase! The currency can get to $ 3 within 3 months but it can also be that it reaches $ 0.10. Who tells you which direction will take the coin and the whole market?

If you really believe in the project keep your coins and do not sell ... only if you have other money that you do not need and you can lose then you can invest in other Xspec.

Investing in any crypto must be considered lost until you make a new transfer to your bank!

Your post should be rewarded by X4s with merit. It's a good and correct (at least I agree totally) introduction how to invest in the crypoworlds. I did the same. I can't say I earn a lot of money from it, but I can say I won't loss a lot.
Activity: 55
Ask for help at Discord:

I checked, in fact it has worked smoothly as normal. Tornodes are potentially help to secure Spectrecoin network.
Leo Bitman
I still don't understand why Bitcoin still doing down since January. Is it because of governments regulations. All the Altcoin and specifically Spectrecoin price is affected.
For now I'm holding.

Well first of all, we all expected a correction of the market, secondly, the rise was very large (without correction) and third an international campaign of FUD,
based on nothing, because the regulations of governments will not be greater.
The G20 would deal with this issue in March, in a country where cryptocurrencies are legal ... it is an indicator that regulations continue without any change.
There were impotant statements saying that cryptomonedas still represent a very small amount of fiat money.
In short, there are two things, market correction and FUD. So HODL.
SpectreCoin will continue to change for the better, it only accompanies the general downward market. Its price is proportionally the same as before.

legendary
Activity: 1496
Merit: 1019
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I like your crypto currency! Make a good advertising campaign and your coin will have a chance to reach the level of Monero
Leo Bitman

What's wrong?

Ask for help at Discord:

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

buy more at half a dollar - bring your total investment to a dollar ...then when this code hard forks.....you will have two coins for every one that you bought @$2(&all that you purchase now @ 0.50c)........ dollar cost average @ a time that you can double up

It is never wise to buy so many coins at once, except if you firmly believe in the project and keep it for years .... so the decline of these 2-3 months should not influence you

It is never wise to buy more coins at a lower price to mediate the previous purchase! The currency can get to $ 3 within 3 months but it can also be that it reaches $ 0.10. Who tells you which direction will take the coin and the whole market?

If you really believe in the project keep your coins and do not sell ... only if you have other money that you do not need and you can lose then you can invest in other Xspec.

Investing in any crypto must be considered lost until you make a new transfer to your bank!

It is never wise to buy more coins at a lower price? It's a very popular strategy to average down your overall buy-in price. This is the first time I hear someone saying something like this. The first point you mention also contradicts the second. You are right that you shouldn't invest all your money in a single move exactly because you can still benefit from dropping prices if you kept some liquidity to purchase more coins while the price is dropping.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
I still don't understand why Bitcoin still doing down since January. Is it because of governments regulations. All the Altcoin and specifically Spectrecoin price is affected.
For now I'm holding.
X4s

What's wrong?

Ask for help at Discord:

Leo Bitman

What's wrong?

Ask for help at Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/FY7VtWK

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

What's wrong?

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

Well said. You should not be influenced by short term changes. If you believe in the project, just HODL.
Pages:
Jump to: