Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 16. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 2
So, XSPEC is dead or not?

I had 600 XSPEC on exchange, what to do now? Any advice?

Thanks
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
sad to see what looked like a promising project reach such a terrible end. RIP to anyone who didnt see the first forum post exposing this coin
anc
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
After announcing the WISP, I stopped receiving XSPEC in game, stable internet and 7 days without still winning coins.

Same thing over here.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I got something to rant about that WISP will fix:

I had a computer restart recently. Shit exploded on me. I rewound the chain and everything, too. Still wouldn't sync. Now have to wait several hours to resync the whole blockchain. Why? Oh, wait, because XSPEC wasn't really being developed.

I really don't want to spread FUD, but how can I support XSPEC if basic things like this aren't implemented? This was also in the talks to fix this issue of having to delete the blockchain after a forced restart on a system months and months ago, but not implemented. How can something become usable when such a basic feature isn't included? Serious question. Mass adoption for this is never gonna happen if these issues aren't ironed out. The team receives donations, but does it deliver? NOPE! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Very unhappy!! Development, seriously, is at a stand still. Ugh. UGH!!

Here's XSPEC's future:

We are def going to work through issues and update the code so you can raise an issue at GitHub and be specific about what is actually happening and it will be looked at. I have been running the XSPEC wallet for a long time and never have such issues. If you want to be serious about, raise an issue and describe the problem in some detail.

Is it necessary to raise an issue that was raised many times before?
Here's one example: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7o7nkd/wallet_not_syncing/
Here's another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7z8c8d/syncing_issues/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7lo3lz/wallet_doesnt_finish_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7nrijk/need_some_help_with_the_wallet/

Note the dates.
Note the problem: "Your blockchain data probably got corrupted."
And note the solution: "I was able to solve the issue for now. Navigating to C: USERNAME/appdata/roaming/spectrecoin and deleting everything inside that folder except for your wallet.bat."

That's what I had to do every time that I have a computer shut-down mid-staking.

Have you ever tried running the XSPEC wallet and force-shutting down your computer, simulating sudden power loss? That's how you get the problem to recur. Doesn't anyone care? Or is it all so dead that no one reads XSPEC reddit?

I don't think I am going to complain about it anymore because WISP takes care of this issue, as someone said in discord.

(1)  get a UPS battery backup if you have unreliable power

(2)  backup your microcap blockchains to cloud/disk/folder/USB once in a while

(3)  many coins will corrupt if you kill power during read/writes, it's common

(4)  you have to balance making $0.01/day staking vs your complaints, do the math

(5)  microcap crypto is for experienced hardcore players, not random tourists

Probably 90% of investors that got into XSPEC 1 year ago have made money...
That's a fact the Devs can be proud of, hell yes, even if it's a snail race...
Personally, I've bought XSPEC as low as 0.00000644... and sold as high as 0.00044599 (that's a 70x range)...
Most competent shitcoin traders have dramatically outperformed Bitcoin Hodlers in the last 2 years.

But there's a fix for #3.

I don't get #4 because I am staking. I make around $1 USD a day. I think I'd be rich in some African country. Lul.

I think it's in everyone's interest--especially the dev's--to make everything work for adopt-ability. Otherwise, F the devs and I'll ride this ride like a pony with 0% contributions for as many years as possible and just sell it all in favor of WISP, perhaps, or something else. You don't care about me? Then I don't care about you. Remember: the community is what makes these coins possible. Without it, your coin is worth shit.

Case in point: coin keeps dropping and dropping. As of this writing, it's below 40 cents. It'll keep falling. This rift is turning your coin into dust.

I am running the same wallet as everyone else and I am able to run the wallet continuously without many issues and stake. We are in the process of going over to a Gitian build environment and that should make it easier to create more stable wallets for any platform. This is actually high on the list. It is impossible to troubleshoot every computer as there may be something in the local environment that causes the problem.

I will appreciate your effort if you can solve the wallet sync problem in counties which Onion is banned. 
X4s
Activity: 42
After announcing the WISP, I stopped receiving XSPEC in game, stable internet and 7 days without still winning coins.

Well in favor of the truth, that happens if you have few coins, the network is working with more people doing staking now,
then of course they are more to distribute XSPEC and each one receives less.

I have 3.5k xspec.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
I thought it was a new coin, created recently, but for the value then to realize that it really is a coin with a few years of creation "2016", but I did not find a wallet for Android, will it be available?

Please do not exaggerate, a short time ago, it turned one year old.
It is the privacy, the main focus of SpectreCoin, without completing this well,
it is not convenient to include the mobile platforms now.

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman

Well in favor of the truth, that happens if you have few coins, the network is working with more people doing staking now,
then of course they are more to distribute XSPEC and each one receives less.

Activity: 148
I thought it was a new coin, created recently, but for the value then to realize that it really is a coin with a few years of creation "2016", but I did not find a wallet for Android, will it be available?
Wallet for Android seems to be under-developed. You should wait for a while to get official answer from Spectrecoin team.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
X4s
Activity: 42
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212

I had a computer restart recently. Shit exploded on me. I rewound the chain and everything, too. Still wouldn't sync. Now have to wait several hours to resync the whole blockchain. Why? Oh, wait, because XSPEC wasn't really being developed.

I really don't want to spread FUD, but how can I support XSPEC if basic things like this aren't implemented? This was also in the talks to fix this issue of having to delete the blockchain after a forced restart on a system months and months ago, but not implemented. How can something become usable when such a basic feature isn't included? Serious question. Mass adoption for this is never gonna happen if these issues aren't ironed out. The team receives donations, but does it deliver? NOPE! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Here's XSPEC's future:

We are def going to work through issues and update the code so you can raise an issue at GitHub and be specific about what is actually happening and it will be looked at. I have been running the XSPEC wallet for a long time and never have such issues. If you want to be serious about, raise an issue and describe the problem in some detail.

Hey there, I'm serious and I left you a pull request regarding build dependencies in Ubuntu: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/pull/3
I can also confirm this problem still exists in Linux and still hasn't been fixed: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/issues/4

I run a handful of QT wallets with tor-integration and never had this onion time-out problem. It's been a mont so it'd be great to fix that already please. I was told to shut down and restart the wallet, but it doesn't matter how many times I do that it still won't connect. I run DeepOnion no problem, why Xspec not work?

Also please release an AppImage already if you haven't packaged the .deb yet, this would be a great step forward for Linux users. I don't mean to be rude and still have 100% confidence in this project, regardless of recent wisp non-forking disagreements, but it'd be great to get some of these basic fixes sorted first. I've got a wallet ruining through WINE but it uses too much CPU in order to stake with it. Thanks for listening.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
I am an XSPEC holder.

If the coin is forking, how do I claim my WISP?

What's goin on here?

Is there any reason on why there are creating a FORK of XSPEC? I hope that this is not a strategy to make money.

There is NO fork happening for the foreseeable future. The ANN will be updated shortly. After a disagreement XSPEC will continue to develop as before but with a new roadmap TBA and previous XSPEC team members are creating a new crypto they call WISP. There is no affiliation and WISP is NOT a fork of XSPEC. Please come to the XSPEC Discord server for further information and up to date news. XSPEC prevails.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
I am an XSPEC holder.

What's goin on here?

Is there any reason on why there are creating a FORK of XSPEC? I hope that this is not a strategy to make money.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
As i understood it, the current Xspec wallet is going to be automatically the new Wisp wallet and will change only the ticker and logos with an update. The "new" xspec team will realease their own wallet, and you import the keys from your current wallet( new wisp wallet) into it to get the "new" xspec coins. Correct me if im wrong.
Activity: 29
I am an XSPEC holder.

When the fork happens, an announcement will follow. There will be a new wallet.

In this case, it seems that XSPEC is going to stay as it is and WISP is the real fork... *sigh*
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
I am an XSPEC holder.

I am running the same wallet as everyone else and I am able to run the wallet continuously without many issues and stake. We are in the process of going over to a Gitian build environment and that should make it easier to create more stable wallets for any platform. This is actually high on the list. It is impossible to troubleshoot every computer as there may be something in the local environment that causes the problem.

Okay, very well. Whatever it takes. I am skeptical, but I'll see how it goes with development. Again, not trying to spread FUD. Just being cautious. I hope you understand. I believe in the tech, though--that's for sure.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508

Here's XSPEC's future:

Here's one example: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7o7nkd/wallet_not_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7lo3lz/wallet_doesnt_finish_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7nrijk/need_some_help_with_the_wallet/

Note the dates.
And note the solution: "I was able to solve the issue for now. Navigating to C: USERNAME/appdata/roaming/spectrecoin and deleting everything inside that folder except for your wallet.bat."

That's what I had to do every time that I have a computer shut-down mid-staking.

Have you ever tried running the XSPEC wallet and force-shutting down your computer, simulating sudden power loss? That's how you get the problem to recur. Doesn't anyone care? Or is it all so dead that no one reads XSPEC reddit?

I don't think I am going to complain about it anymore because WISP takes care of this issue, as someone said in discord.

(4)  you have to balance making $0.01/day staking vs your complaints, do the math

Personally, I've bought XSPEC as low as 0.00000644... and sold as high as 0.00044599 (that's a 70x range)...
Most competent shitcoin traders have dramatically outperformed Bitcoin Hodlers in the last 2 years.

I don't get #4 because I am staking. I make around $1 USD a day. I think I'd be rich in some African country. Lul.

I think it's in everyone's interest--especially the dev's--to make everything work for adopt-ability. Otherwise, F the devs and I'll ride this ride like a pony with 0% contributions for as many years as possible and just sell it all in favor of WISP, perhaps, or something else. You don't care about me? Then I don't care about you. Remember: the community is what makes these coins possible. Without it, your coin is worth shit.

Case in point: coin keeps dropping and dropping. As of this writing, it's below 40 cents. It'll keep falling. This rift is turning your coin into dust.

Here's XSPEC's future:
https://media.giphy.com/media/ijmQ3LZqpdwwo/giphy.gif

Note the dates.

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Here's XSPEC's future:

Note the dates.

(1)  get a UPS battery backup if you have unreliable power

(2)  backup your microcap blockchains to cloud/disk/folder/USB once in a while

(3)  many coins will corrupt if you kill power during read/writes, it's common

(4)  you have to balance making $0.01/day staking vs your complaints, do the math

(5)  microcap crypto is for experienced hardcore players, not random tourists

Pages:
Jump to: